darkxess

Base Protection Script help!

Hey guys, I am using a base protection script but it seems to not work with the Apex Buggies as I can kill anyone in the base, plus various other Apex content.

So does anyone know of a good base protection method that stops all firing from everything other than just 70% of stuff.

Thanks

- What script are you using

- What do you mean with " a good base protection method that stops all firing from everything other than just 70% of stuff ".

Elaborate, I can't make up what you want/need with just the little post you posted here.  Explain your problem in at least two paragraphs of ten lines ...

I am just running it on a marker called "safeZoneHill" and then running the below in "initPlayerLocal.sqf"

//------------------ SafeZone
player addEventHandler ["Fired", {
    params ["_unit", "_weapon", "", "", "", "", "_projectile"];
    if (_unit distance2D (getMarkerPos "safeZoneHill") < 300) then {
        deleteVehicle _projectile;
        hintC "Hold it soldier, don't throw, fire or place anything inside the base.";
    }}];

It does work, just not perfectly so wondering if there is better or how I can improve it to stop everything friendly from killing friendlies in the base.

When I said a good method that stops firing from everything other than just 70% of the stuff means that a lot of it actually works, but as I said some doesn't - hence the 70% lol.

Thanks

darkxess, what is the prize to those who supposed to guess weapons from that "unstoppable" 30% ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, serena said:

darkxess, what is the prize to those who supposed to guess weapons from that "unstoppable" 30% ?

Deleting projectile is not fast enough, it can still kill. The only safe method is to deny firing all together.

23 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Deleting projectile is not fast enough, it can still kill. The only safe method is to deny firing all together.

So what is the best way to stop all friendly killing in the main base then please?

Thanks

Just now, darkxess said:

So what is the best way to stop all friendly killing in the main base then please?

I am in favour of the Protection Zone

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, darkxess said:

1 hour ago, killzone_kid said:

The only safe method is to deny firing all together.

• Like 2

In what situation is deleting projectile not fast enough?

player addEventHandler [
	'FiredMan',
	{
		if (player in safezone) then {
			deleteVehicle (_this select 6);
		};
	}
];

fair enough .. ive never seen it fail though, and seen a lot of attempts to grief blocked by it :)

how do you stop a player from firing? disable the weapon or is there a direct way to prevent firing?

I have actually fixed it now by putting multiple "invisible protection zones" in my base lol. Not the best of all methods but it does exactly what I am wanting :D

Thanks guys.

23 hours ago, Nikander said:

I am in favour of the Protection Zone

Yea found that now, but it's not working as it should, apparently you can choose a radius well I tried that it and doesn't do nothing. So I just basically copy-pasted multiple zones lol.