RagingGamer

How to keep AI out of "Combat Mode"?

I'm trying to get a bunch of enemies to advance onto the players location, except they all stagnate near their starting positions. (Yes, they have waypoints)

I use some Little Birds to provide cover, except after they engage, the AI will do that "prone and cover" thing when they get into combat.

I want to keep them from going into "Combat Mode" but still able to shoot at you.
Kinda like a mix between "Careless" and "Aware".

Or, alternatively, is there a mod that can do that? Because I'm no good at scripting.

Hello, try experimenting with Arma difficulty and/or AI skill settings along with "Combat Mode", that might do the trick for you

12 minutes ago, Nikander said:

Hello, try experimenting with Arma difficulty and/or AI skill settings along with "Combat Mode", that might do the trick for you

I'm using the 3den Enhanced mod and have changed all their skills to try and keep them advancing.

Combat mode is the exact opposite of what I want them to do because it makes them stagnate.

6 hours ago, RagingGamer said:

I'm trying to get a bunch of enemies to advance onto the players location, except they all stagnate near their starting positions. (Yes, they have waypoints)

I use some Little Birds to provide cover, except after they engage, the AI will do that "prone and cover" thing when they get into combat.

I want to keep them from going into "Combat Mode" but still able to shoot at you.
Kinda like a mix between "Careless" and "Aware".

Or, alternatively, is there a mod that can do that? Because I'm no good at scripting.

I honestly cannot understand your question, you want the AI to shoot but while they are not in combat mode? Give me a real life example mate maybe then I can help

this disableAI "COVER"; this setUnitPos "UP";

If you still want them to engage you can't really force them out of combat mode. But you can simulate the same behaviour as in aware mode.

• Like 2