Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

Average FPS in Georgetown

Hello,

I just wonder what kind of average FPS you guys are getting in Georgetown (Tanoa). Mine using a single unit in editor are around 55 FPS . What is yours?

Thanks

I get 60fps, but its probably because of my setup. Many factors can affect frame-rate, mission type, ai, etc

I wonder why perf is so crud in Georgetown (compared to say, Kavala).

Maybe the terrain makers can weigh in on this, but would the streaming of encrypted data (terrain objects are streamed) drag down performance?

Hard to maintain close to 60 if I've over 1000m object view distance. I also wonder how it can be pretty bad compared to Kavala? Are the buildings so detailed even though you can't enter them?

50-55fps is likely good average if I just run alone in the streets. Can drop under 50fps depending on video settings. Kavala is much smoother.

11 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I get 60fps, but its probably because of my setup. Many factors can affect frame-rate, mission type, ai, etc

So you're saying you can get 60 FPS in a mission and not in an empty editor in George Town? Can I ask for you setup specs?

I have a good rig myself but can't get as many Frames as you.

My rig:

i7-6700k @4.5Ghz

GTX 1070

16 Gb ram

SSD kingston 250 Gb

Not really sure of the purpose of the OP given that there are so many factors at play when trying to benchmark....(running unnecessary background processes are a big culprit imho)

Anyway I just tried it out of curiosity....

PC specs:

i5-2500K @4.2Ghz

GTX 980ti

16GB Corsair ram

ASUS RoG Maximus Gene-Z motherboard

Arma 3 installed on a Samsung SSD

Results using the Auto Detect setting in video options and weather settings generated by the editor itself:

Min 45 fps

Max 60fps

......and obviously never stable.

• Like 1