Tobur

Flickering / moving textures

Hi all,

I experience a lot of texture flickering while zooming in (see video). Also parallel line textures like on vent doors or car grills are also "moving" constantly even when not zoomed. Is this unsolvable z-fighting or do I miss anything? As far as I can tell it's not directly connected to AA

Youtube testvideo

I tried already a lot of diferrent graphic settings, pre-/post- AA, higher resolutions, etc. Had the same problem with a Geforce GTX 970. Thought it could be a VRAM problem and bought a AMD RX 480 8GB. Same issue...

My specs:

- Win 10

- Intel i5 6600K oc 4,5 GHz
- MB MSI Z170-A-PRO
- 8 GB DDR-4 
- GPU Radeon RX 480 8 GB

Open a ticket on the feedback tracker. Though to be fair, this issue has been in the game for a very long time now so a ticket probably exists.

I say open one or subscribe to an existing one if you can find a similar ticket. LOD's are fundamentally broken in the game right now (for example, look at the grass when walking around), so hopefully soon BIS will take the time to sort all this stuff out.

Hey guys,

I had a similar issue, but a bit more visible.

I've been trying all kinds of different settings, disabling each or all AA settings.

I have the latest 17.1.1 Radeon Crimson installed but I had the issue with 16.12.2 as well.

My GPU is a Radeaon 7700 and I didn't have this before I had to reinstall Windows and install 16.12.2 radeon drivers. (not sure what version I had before)

(This also happens in the menu or Project Argo for that matter)

Any ideas what I should try?

Did anyone see something like this before?

On 23/1/2017 at 0:38 AM, Mate Navay said:

Hey guys,

I had a similar issue, but a bit more visible.

I've been trying all kinds of different settings, disabling each or all AA settings.

I have the latest 17.1.1 Radeon Crimson installed but I had the issue with 16.12.2 as well.

My GPU is a Radeaon 7700 and I didn't have this before I had to reinstall Windows and install 16.12.2 radeon drivers. (not sure what version I had before)

(This also happens in the menu or Project Argo for that matter)

Any ideas what I should try?

Did anyone see something like this before?

I also have the exact same issue as user Mate Navay above. Radeon Crimson 17.1.2 drivers but it started about 2 months ago. GPU is AMD 7770. I have tried changing graphics settings ingame with no result.

(Now I am getting eye strain with Arma)

We need some help!

I have an GTX 1070 and also, Have this issue. It's a shame this hasn't been talked about much. After quite a lot of testing this isn't a driver or software issue. But related to the game engine itself.

On 4.02.2017 at 9:50 PM, 0Devil0 said:

I also have the exact same issue as user Mate Navay above. Radeon Crimson 17.1.2 drivers but it started about 2 months ago. GPU is AMD 7770. I have tried changing graphics settings ingame with no result.

(Now I am getting eye strain with Arma)

We need some help!

By the looks of it it's HDR / Antialising issue, but not sure how one would fix it, since you probably tried changing settings. I guess you should contact BI support.

Yeah, I've had this since day 1 with the game.  It has persisted over every update, and multiple system / GPU upgrades on my part.  It's one of the embarrassing things to have to explain to new players.  At lease CH View Distance now fixes the floating objects! 

Hey, I tried a lot of reshaders a while ago but with not much luck. Colors become weird... Did you change any settings or run the RL7 as it is?

we have to consider we running very different gpu, howewere just give it a try maybe you're lucky with this one ;)

btw no changes made, i find it looks good so and giving arma a less grey appereance, if you dont like colors settings there are also other downloadable presets on the site http://sh8.videopilot.link/luts/

there is also a note about enabling fullrgb on nvidia cards, idk about amd