Sign in to follow this  
DragoFire

A-6 series of 2/4 man aircraft

Hi,

Nice addon smile.gif looks great (did you use double-sided faces btw??)

Hope to see the new version soonish smile.gif (but dont overrush it.. when its done its done)

Yes some faces are doubled.

Once I'm happen with the model and finished the textures, I'll arrange to get the PDO file (zipped) hosted be someone. As I'll not have the room to store it on my ftp space (files about 12mb unzipped at the moment, due to custom textures and the high-level of vectors of the model).

I'm also going to post the weapon PDO links from inside the Master PDO, so others can use the weapon models with-out having to go though all the research and making of each model.

Included in this post will be the ammo and weapon info. for the CPP configuration, so we'll have a set standard for this weapons.

Weapons included so far will be;

Mk81 250lb GP

Mk82 500lb GP

Mk83 1000lb GP

Mk84 2000lb GP

Mk77 Napalm (waiting for script)

AGM-65 Maverick

GBU-10 2000lb Paveway

GBU-12 500lb Paveway

GBU-16 1000lb Paveway

AGM-84 Harpoon

AGM-45 Strike

2.75in Hydra Rocket

5in Zuni Rocket

I'll be adding more as I get the time and information for it.

DragoFire

are you just doing regular MK82 freefall bombs or are you making the Mk82 Snakeeye Retarded bomb(has the expanding vanes on the back 4 in all to slow the bomb down to get a better area spead and allow the plane to get farther away before impact for lowlevel runs)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (black__bird @ Feb. 06 2003,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">are you just doing regular MK82 freefall bombs or are you making the Mk82 Snakeeye Retarded bomb(has the expanding vanes on the back 4 in all to slow the bomb down to get a better area spead and allow the plane to get farther away before impact for lowlevel runs)<span id='postcolor'>

Standard free-fall bomb, a Redeye could be made, but would require scripting to make the fins deploy and to slow the forward movement of the drop.

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Feb. 06 2003,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who are you getting the nalpalm script from?<span id='postcolor'>

This is still up in the air there have been a couple of people early on that said they'd help with it, but with the current post about nalpalm bombs looking realist, I'm waiting till something is sorted and arrange to get access to the script then, or if someone comes to me with a good working script I'll use that and then everyone will be able to use the Mk77 along with the of weapons.

DraoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Feb. 07 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so your 100% done except for the script?<span id='postcolor'>

I'd personally ssay I'm 95% done, but that's just me.

DragoFire

cant wait.....been wanting an Intruder for so long now. I have a few good mission ideas all i need is this intruder(along with the A-4 from Col_Klink) and later maybe an F-105 if someone does one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (black__bird @ Feb. 07 2003,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cant wait.....been wanting an Intruder for so long now.  I have a few good mission ideas all i need is this intruder(along with the A-4 from Col_Klink) and later maybe an F-105 if someone does one.<span id='postcolor'>

*Cough, Vietnam missions, Cough*

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (black__bird @ Feb. 07 2003,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cant wait.....been wanting an Intruder for so long now.  I have a few good mission ideas all i need is this intruder(along with the A-4 from Col_Klink) and later maybe an F-105 if someone does one.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll release a F-4 Phantom a couple of weeks after the Intruder, followed by a A-7 crusader.

Just give me a bit of time, due to problems with Photoshop (had to load Version 4, due to someone lossing me version 6  crazy.gif  ).

Anyhow cockpit is 50% (including new gauges, textures, and remodeled seats).

Main Texture 95% complete and a few others are lined up.

Have added Intruder armed with 2 AIM-9 Sidewinders and payload of bombs.

Also a nice not, the intruders can now carry the complete range of Mk80's , GBU-10/12/16, AGM's, and a few little extra's with-out CPP changes. All that is required is to have an AMMO truck loaded with extra AMMO and you drive it upto a Intruder and select the Payload you want.

Eg.  Intruder Hvy Bomber lands after dropping it's 5x Mk84's (2000lb) bombs, and the pilot or gunner know that there's a couple of boats guarding the habour, so they get next to a ammo truck loaded with AGM-84's (Harpoon), and takeoff again to take out the boats.

biggrin.gif

I plan to use this weapon system for the F-4 and the A-7.

Only thing that requires fixed weapons is the rocket/gun pods and combo payloads (AIM-9 with another weapon system).

DragoFire

you said A-7 Crusader, the F-8 is the crusader, the A-7 is the Corsair II. which one are you making?

cuz right now i'm making an A-7, ill post some pics (in another thread) if people wanna see... but it's not even finished in O2 yet

DragoFire you are quickly becoming my favorite person on OFP...SO many addons i have been pleading for for so long and you decided to do them...

thx

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Feb. 07 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you said A-7 Crusader, the F-8 is the crusader, the A-7 is the Corsair II.  which one are you making?

cuz right now i'm making an A-7, ill post some pics (in another thread) if people wanna see...  but it's not even finished in O2 yet<span id='postcolor'>

I was meaning the A-7 Corsair (not the 2 version), but if your going to make it I'll help you if you need it. And I'll change mine to the F-8 Crusader.

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DragoFire @ Feb. 07 2003,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Feb. 07 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you said A-7 Crusader, the F-8 is the crusader, the A-7 is the Corsair II.  which one are you making?

cuz right now i'm making an A-7, ill post some pics (in another thread) if people wanna see...  but it's not even finished in O2 yet<span id='postcolor'>

I was meaning the A-7 Corsair (not the 2 version), but if your going to make it I'll help you if you need it. And I'll change mine to the F-8 Crusader.

DragoFire<span id='postcolor'>

... or if you can the F-105 Thunderchief!!! There was somene making a F-105 but I haven't heard what has happened to it or whether the creator is still working on it. It was over on www.ofp.info around a month ago or so.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 08 2003,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DragoFire @ Feb. 07 2003,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Feb. 07 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you said A-7 Crusader, the F-8 is the crusader, the A-7 is the Corsair II.  which one are you making?

...  or if you can the F-105 Thunderchief!!!  There was somene making a F-105 but I haven't heard what has happened to it or whether the creator is still working on it.  It was over on www.ofp.info around a month ago or so.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I think I saw a blueprint of the F-105 Thunderchief a couple of days ago, so I see what I can do.

But the A-6 comes first!

DragoFire

the site that offers the best three-view drawings of aircraft I've ever seen anywhere on the web is here.

There's a VERY good selection available. Since it's in Cyrillic, second button, top left, then the third button down in the sidebar and you should be able to find what you need smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was meaning the A-7 Corsair (not the 2 version), but if your going to make it I'll help you if you need it. And I'll change mine to the F-8 Crusader.

yeah, any help i could get would be great, maybe we can release em as a package smile.gif

could someone post pics of the a-7 and a-8? out of all my knowldge i dont know what these are.

and dragofire....can we expect a release of the a-6 < 2weeks away?