Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Falklands mod lcu

Thought you'd all like to have a look at the brand new LCU (Landing craft Utility) we're making:

lcu5.jpg

lcu1.jpg

I love you! Ive been waitin so long for a good functional landing craft that i cna use in my missions! And i know falklands will do it right. Thanks

Keep us informed on progress and release!

Kevin

I like it. But I think that what we desperatly need is a unit which can transport armoured units onto beaches, I presume this cannot hold an Abrams?

Great work, Jamesia asked something quite interesting </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I presume this cannot hold an Abrams?<span id='postcolor'>,

so what's up can it, or can't it?I sure hope it can. confused.gif In any case I'm looking forward. smile.gif

yes, but we're not going to get it until the whole mod is finished, right?

So we can expect it in about 6-8 months, earliest?

please correct me if I'm wrong... tounge.gif

I don't know about IRL but AFAIK it is not possible for one vehicle to transport another in OFP sad.gif

What is interesting this pictureAn124_1.jpg

Is that you can see the SCUD on the ramp. There is nobody in the drivers compartment that I can see so that says that its not moving, but it looks like it might be possible to get it to fit in.

If the width of the LCU is wide enough, it should be possible to roll in(unless there is an evil invisible barrier wow.gif )

You can put vehicles into another vehicle when they are stationary. The problem is when the vehicle starts to move. The vehicle inside the carrier vehicle does not move with it. That is why with that new LSD amphibious assault ship addon, there is a moving version and there is another version that is just a static object that doesn't move.

So for example that new LSU ship... if you stuck an M1 in it, if it wasn't moving then yeah you might be able to get it to work if the addon was made for that. However once the LSU started to move, the M1 tank would start bouncing around and end up in the water or either the tank or the LCU would blow up from all the damage the tank causes bouncing around inside it.

What BIS should do is to release some type of patch that allows for vehicles to be held "in cargo" in another vehicle. For example I would love to put that new camoflaged Kawasaki dirt bike in a Chinook to transport it and its driver to a remote location as part of a recon team. But until BIS releases a patch for it, or unless you find some real fancy script that'll do this, it's not possible unfortunately. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the comments.. McHale (One of our modellers) has done a damn fine job on it..

One Question though? Why was the post moved to projects? I mean in the Addons and Models section it says (user made new vehicles, mods)

confused.gif

Oh please i hope fubar isnt right. If we dont get any of this till mod is completed it would be a shame. Release it now while interest is high, before some1 comes alonf and sets the standard for the LCU most ppl will use!

Kevin

We are releasing a few more addons before the mod is complete.. I'll have a word with the rest of teh team and see what we can come up with biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Morph @ Oct. 20 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One Question though? Why was the post moved to projects? I mean in the Addons and Models section it says (user made new vehicles, mods)

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'll save a mod the trouble and say that new forum rules state that all work in progress is to be kept in projects, and the add-ons and mods is only for ideas for projects or to show off finished work.

Rules

The exception to this rule is if you are making islands, then they can go in add-ons and mods smile.gif

And I do hope the LCU is released in the near future, it does look good smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Oct. 19 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What BIS should do is to release some type of patch that allows for vehicles to be held "in cargo" in another vehicle.  For example I would love to put that new camoflaged Kawasaki dirt bike in a Chinook to transport it and its driver to a remote location as part of a recon team.   But until BIS releases a patch for it, or unless you find some real fancy script that'll do this, it's not possible unfortunately.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have always wondered if BIS could implement a "Get in Cargo" action menu command-type thing while you are in a vehicle. For example the tank could drive up to the ship, then "Get in LCU cargo" pops up in the tank commanders action menu.

It would work perfectly and i think it is one of the very last things BIS needs to do to make this game perfect. Some people might say that the engine wont allow it, but look how we can load vehicles on static objects now in Resistance. Before Resistance they bounced around on static objects just like they do moving objects, so it is my opinion that if they can fix it on static objects they can fix it on moving objects.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Oct. 21 2002,08:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Oct. 19 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What BIS should do is to release some type of patch that allows for vehicles to be held "in cargo" in another vehicle.  For example I would love to put that new camoflaged Kawasaki dirt bike in a Chinook to transport it and its driver to a remote location as part of a recon team.   But until BIS releases a patch for it, or unless you find some real fancy script that'll do this, it's not possible unfortunately.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have always wondered if BIS could implement a "Get in Cargo" action menu command-type thing while you are in a vehicle.  For example the tank could drive up to the ship, then "Get in LCU cargo" pops up in the tank commanders action menu.  

It would work perfectly and i think it is one of the very last things BIS needs to do to make this game perfect.  Some people might say that the engine wont allow it, but look how we can load vehicles on static objects now in Resistance.  Before Resistance they bounced around on static objects just like they do moving objects, so it is my opinion that if they can fix it on static objects they can fix it on moving objects.<span id='postcolor'>

well probably but itw ill cause more jumping. I dont think they will be able to do that cuz this means to change evry model so we can put where the tank will spawn(in cargo),etc,etc ..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACES_KEVIN @ Oct. 19 2002,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh please i hope fubar isnt right. If we dont get any of this till mod is completed it would be a shame. Release it now while interest is high, before some1 comes alonf and sets the standard for the LCU most ppl will use!

Kevin<span id='postcolor'>

What is this fubar you everyone keeps talking about? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Oct. 22 2002,00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is this fubar you everyone keeps talking about?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

* ahem * tounge.gif

Has anyone thought of using/modifing the script "Sitting on tanks". I'm sure at this might work with a little playing around with.

DragoFire

sure you can use a script to have units sit on each other and so forth.  this makes the unit move very slowly and has a horrible and unpredictable effect on water.  everything contained in our mod will be 100% functional w/o external scripting.  the tanks and units will be static cargo when inside of this landing ship  tounge.gif

lmao @ fubar, how could there be someone here who hasnt heard of you?? you joined these boards the same month as i did and have 2,750 more posts than i do.

P.S. bring back the avatar of the guy sporting wood in the red speedo's and mask, that killed me everytime

scripting allowed me to hoist vehicles on a cargo rope to a chopper and the commands getpos and setpos come in handy here. in a loop getpos will give you a position matrix constantly updated and you can plug that into the cargo vehicle's setpos in a LOOP. It works cuz I did it on me comp.

got the script to load and release cargo.