Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

British sa80

Hmm is it me or are the colours all odd? Just looks nothing like the ones I've seen on tv.

Also you really need to learn how to make screenshots, 2.25mb are you nuts? smile.gif

hmm. the model looks pretty good and the front end doesn't look quite right and the SUSAT sight looks a bit large, but the colours look very wrong .. i've never seen a SA-80 look quite so 'silver' (even in the Guards .. and they like to polish everything)

L98A1.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 26 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm is it me or are the colours all odd? Just looks nothing like the ones I've seen on tv.

Also you really need to learn how to make screenshots, 2.25mb are you nuts? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

2.25 mbs smile.gif Nope i see they are 225 kbs for the 3 pics :/.

ANyway about the colors it looked bad liek that so ive thinked it looked better like that.

*edit*

Maybe it looks too bright because of the lights ive put in my 3d program. Heres a pic in OFP , right side view.

http://www.multimania.com/quakergamer3/sa804.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ Oct. 26 2002,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2.25 mbs smile.gif Nope i see they are 225 kbs for the 3 pics :/.<span id='postcolor'>

Not this end they're not, what paint package do you use for saving them? Because you're not saving them properly as true jpegs, when I right click and do save as it's trying to make me save them as bmp's, if I type in a jpg filename they're 2.25mb, if I save them as bmp's they're 2.25mb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres a pic in OFP , right side view.

<span id='postcolor'>

in that one the soldier is "holding" the magazine rather than the handle .. if you look at gfx's sa80 he seems to have got it about right.

The main thing that seems off to me is the lack of green colour, I know it's not there in the pic vade_101 posted either but whenever I see an SA80 it is green on the stock and grip, hard to find any decent pics though.....

athlone2.jpg

pw_sa80.jpg

nr_011116a_a.jpg

Bunch of fairly good quality high res pics at the bottom of this page.

SA-80_UK_07.jpg

http://www.mod.uk/img/modnews/images/sa80_kuwait_hires.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Oct. 27 2002,01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres a pic in OFP , right side view.

<span id='postcolor'>

in that one the soldier is "holding" the magazine rather than the handle .. if you look at gfx's sa80 he seems to have got it about right.<span id='postcolor'>

I could try but it would make iyt look very bad in 1st person sad.gif. And anyway ill see waht I can do placebo

I was just playing Fifa and it was a bit dark so I increased my brightness, your SA80 now definitely has the green on it, but (please forgive me for being so fussy) it's a lil bit the wrong shade of green when compared with the pics, and the other bits of the weapon are a bit too "shiney" if you look at the pics I posted it's a much more matt type finish smile.gif

I hope this is coming across as constructive criticism not pointless whining as I don't intend it like that smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 27 2002,02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was just playing Fifa and it was a bit dark so I increased my brightness, your SA80 now definitely has the green on it, but (please forgive me for being so fussy) it's a lil bit the wrong shade of green when compared with the pics, and the other bits of the weapon are a bit too "shiney" if you look at the pics I posted it's a much more matt type finish smile.gif

I hope this is coming across as constructive criticism not pointless whining as I don't intend it like that smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea I know, but probably the otehr SA80s are covered with mud but my SA is plain new smile.gif.

Ill make it darker then should look better (At least I hope so)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Oct. 27 2002,02:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really good SA80 model + textures I love them nice work quaker it seems very good m8<span id='postcolor'>

Well thank you, check out my upcoiming AK pack smile.gif

er, first off i would like to yelp in horror, there are a lot of things wrong with this...having handled lots of SA-80's (albeit quite a few years ago) those textures are way off, they look like cartoons, and when was the SUSAT ever red? the front er...barrel guard(not sure what the real name is) is way too square, and the SA-80 doesnt have a fore sight like that(i dont think it actually uses any, not sure)...also your soldier is about to get very painfully injured by that brass about to come flying at him as youve got the cocking lever and the open....er 'hole' on the wrong side, theres just a lot of things wrong with it it resembles an SA-80 but its very far from the real thing....

Evis please stop saying quakers addons are bad the colors are cartoon colors I know most people laugh at you when you say that it has cartoon colors c'mon man the textures and model are superior.

Quakergamer is doing a great job keep up the good work quaker m8 don't listen to Evis I think he is drunk biggrin.gif

hey quakergamer your SA80 rocks but it need a landy too

quaker don't listen to evis that the textures are cartoon looking they are really nice textures evis is only on 1 thing right on the red susat

er...im being serious, the textures are all wrong, have you ever seen a SA-80 in real life? if you have youll know it doesnt look like that...

i just saw over at opflashpoint.org someone spotted that your SA-80, M249 and M82A1 Barret skins are all downloaded CS Skins....

(name) M82A1BarrettLight50

http://www.cs-skins.net/engine_....rows=10

(name) AOSA80Susat

http://www.cs-skins.net/engine_....rows=10

M-249 eigth from the bottom.

http://www.cs-skins.net/engine_....type=28

so...not only did you download the skins, you downloaded one that was the wrong colour :/ are the models yours too? or are they the ones that came with the skin?

Maybe it's just me but I spent 5 minutes comparing the models and the do look amaizingly alike...hmm...the textures are the same no doubt.

Ohh how I hate this mad.gif

Uh oh Quaker... confused.gif

You could at least have admitted you were downloading them. No-one would have mind if you did that and credited the author in the readme. Guess you wanted all the credit yourself huh?

I have not seem a SA80 in real life the textures can be ripped from CS or maybe not the textures can be wrong not sure about that but 1 thing is truth the textures are not cartoon looking

The textures are from agent orange and quaker give him credits read it quakergamer

Group: ModMaker

Posted: Oct. 26 2002,22:47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

Ive finisehd anotehr weapon. This time the SA80 .

http://www.multimania.com/quakergamer3/sa802.jpg

http://www.multimania.com/quakergamer3/sa803.jpg

http://www.multimania.com/quakergamer3/sa80test3.jpg

BTW thanks to agent orange for his awesome textures

--------------

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and go here to evis link of the SA80 SA80 link of evis from CS

scroll down to SA80 read who the author is Agent Orange and quaker give him credits for his texture sheeeeeeez guys in the future read the entire topic than judge people

Oh and Munger m8 did you have Downloaded the SA80 addon of quakergamer??

I think not so you could not readed the readme file right how know you that he is not giving credit to him when you read first post on topic of quakergamer he says thank to Agent Orange for his wonderfull textures tounge.gif

Looks cartoony to me,mighty shiny plastic there.

I'm sure quaker will improve it for a next version smile.gif