Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Falklands war mortar and royal marine models

Guys.. We've released some new shots of the British L16 81mm Mortar INGAME shots, and the new British Royal Marine Commando we are still working on..  Bergens, webbing yet to follow..

Hope you like them  smile.gif

mortar1.jpg

mortar2.jpg

mortar3.jpg

US at side for comparison

marine1.jpg

marine2.jpg

marine3.jpg

The mortar is nice!

But I'm especially interested in that new Beret/ Collar Model! This soldier looks fantastic! Great job! Keep it up!

yours Renegade

Thought I'd share a pic of all the units so far with the old alpha textures on them..We are putting the beta textures on them tomorrow...

Back Row from left to right:

Bergen version, Helmet version, Bren Gunner, Radio Op with L1A1 SLR, Gpmg Gunner

Front Row from left to right:

L1A1 soldier, M79 soldier marinegroupalpha.jpg

Wow! Those units look incredible! Excellent job on the new collars and berets. They look now as if they are wearing Gortex jackets. smile.gif Actually it would even be cooler if they had slightly baggier sleeves and stuff to simulate them wearing a gortex jacket and maybe a bigger hood clumped up in back of their head and around the collar, but still as they are your units still look very realistic. The only gripe I might have is the unit with the helmet...the helmet looks a little odd, but perhaps it's just because of the angle I'm looking at it. I'm sure once it has the proper cammo, it'll look much better.

Oh...and is that a headset com system on one soldier? That would be very cool! But if you can show the mouth piece mic extending out next to the soldier's mouth that would be even better (unless it's there and I just can't see it well). An example of this is like on some of the German troops in the HKweapons pack and in the BW mod.

Also any plans for British troops in desert uniforms such as those used in Afghanistan?

I'm ex-U.S. Army myself, but I still enjoy making British Army missions. I had some good ones almost finished with the old Bibmi British airborne troops so hopefully once your units and Bibmi's units get finished I can finish up some of those missions and get them out for people to play.

So anyways cheers for the excellent work. Keep it up cuz it looks like it will be a fantastic unit addon!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 15 2002,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow!  Those units look incredible!  Excellent job on the new collars and berets.  They look now as if they are wearing Gortex jackets. smile.gif  Actually it would even be cooler if they had slightly baggier sleeves and stuff to simulate them wearing a gortex jacket and maybe a bigger hood clumped up in back of their head and around the collar, but still as they are your units still look very realistic.   The only gripe I might have is the unit with the helmet...the helmet looks a little odd, but perhaps it's just because of the angle I'm looking at it.  I'm sure once it has the proper cammo, it'll look much better.  

Oh...and is that a headset com system on one soldier?  That would be very cool! But if you can show the mouth piece mic extending out next to the soldier's mouth that would be even better (unless it's there and I just can't see it well).  An example of this is like on some of the German troops in the HKweapons pack and in the BW mod.

Also any plans for British troops in desert uniforms such as those used in Afghanistan?

I'm ex-U.S. Army myself, but I still enjoy making British Army missions.  I had some good ones almost finished with the old Bibmi British airborne troops so hopefully once your units and Bibmi's units get finished I can finish up some of those missions and get them out for people to play.

So anyways cheers for the excellent work.  Keep it up cuz it looks like it will be a fantastic unit addon!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the kind comments.. These are only ONE group of approx 10 that we are doing.. (Para's, Welsh Guards, Scots Guards, SAS, SBS, Fleet Air Arm, plus Argentine forces such as Buzo Tactico), and they are only alpha textures....... smile.gif

As for desert issue.. Well unfortunetly there aren't any deserts in the Falkland Islands so we won't be making them!

wink.gif

Don't forget they are only ALPHA models.. They still need tweaking and more stuff adding to them..(such as fixing the helmet,etc) biggrin.gif

Ok guys like Morph said these units are still in alpha stage  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That would be very cool! But if you can show the mouth piece mic extending out next to the soldier's mouth that would be even better (unless it's there and I just can't see it well).<span id='postcolor'>

the set will have a micro phone that goes to his face, i forgot to add it to it when i put it on the soldier  confused.gif

the helmet is being sorted out since i have some decent pics of the front of it.

So hopefully we will have a update on them soon  biggrin.gif

ok guys... quick update.. Beta textures have been applied.. few minor tweaks and they'll be finished...

Also.. You'll notice that we have some new weapons.. We'ev remade the L1A1 SLR (FN FAL) in 3 varieties (wooden stock, Starlight Scope attachment and standard L1A1).. We've still got original FN FAL in some shots.. See which looks better wink.gif

Don't forget... We NEVER use anyone else's weapons, textures.. Everything you see below was made by the team (except the FN FAL before anyone says so !wink.gif

Bergen with BIS FN fal

marine_bergen.jpg

Bergen with BIS FN fal

marine_bergen2.jpg

Bren LMG gunner

marine_bren.jpg

GPMG gunner

marine_gpmg.jpg

Helmet Dude VERY TEMPORARY FACE (Note the 70's sunglasses on East Falkland! lol)

marine_helmet.jpg

L34A1 Silenced SMG

marine_l34a1.jpg

M79 Grenade Launcher

marine_m79.jpg

NEW L1A1 SLR (Fn FAL)

marine_newl1a1.jpg

NEW L1A1 SLR (Fn FAL) with Starlight Scope

marine_newl1a1scope.jpg

NEW L1A1 SLR (Fn FAL) with wooden stock

marine_newl1a1wood.jpg

Radio Op ( Clansman radio not textured yet)

marine_radioop.jpg

Phew!

[Ash] (Don't call me Morph!wink.gif

Wow those screen shots are amazing Ash.

Its nice to see alot of attention to detail has gone in to making these as realistic as possible. I think the GS Bergen is spot on! (brings back painful memories tabbing with it)

If i have to criticise it would be i think you have made the Starlight Scope a little too big , and perhaps the L34AI is a little too long also.

But good work guys!

Wow, those weapons and soldiers look amazing! Can't wait for release!

P.S. Can you see Haley's comet with that starlight scope? tounge.gif (j/k)

I agree with everyone else... the pics are great and all.(although will the SLR have the carrying handle on it? I didn't quite see it on the FN-FAL rifles in the pics.)

But... When will we ever get to use these units. Will there be any units released before the whole mod is completed? Or will we have to wait months longer for the entire mod to be finished?

That British helicopter (not sure what type that is) I could REALLY use for more modern British Army missions that I'm working on. It would be nice if you guys could at least release one or two addons such as that helicopter.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

nice biggrin.gif  if you need any soldier 94 stlye dpm camo pics ive got some (old style used by uk in there armed forces for years) i can just shove them in the scanner and send them to you smile.gif

p.s dont know if they took the 94s with them to the falklands, but the camo scheme at the minute looks more like the current american temerate dpms

nice work biggrin.gif

EDIT

i mean the actual dpms not pics smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 19 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with everyone else... the pics are great and all.(although will the SLR have the carrying handle on it?  I didn't quite see it on the FN-FAL rifles in the pics.)

But...  When will we ever get to use these units.  Will there be any units released before the whole mod is completed?  Or will we have to wait months longer for the entire mod to be finished?  

That British helicopter (not sure what type that is) I could REALLY use for more modern British Army missions that I'm working on.  It would be nice if you guys could at least release one or two addons such as that helicopter.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

As we have said..We are releasing a few more units before the mod is finished, but not sure which ones just yet.

Sorry!

As for the Helicopter.. That's the Westland Lynx for the campaign..

Wow.... I just noticed the Clansman radio operator has the headpiece too! Either that or a classy set of ear muffs! biggrin.gif

Thats an incredible bit of detail!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 19 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice biggrin.gif  if you need any soldier 94 stlye dpm camo pics ive got some (old style used by uk in there armed forces for years) i can just shove them in the scanner and send them to you smile.gif

p.s dont know if they took the 94s with them to the falklands, but the camo scheme at the minute looks more like the current american temerate dpms

nice work biggrin.gif

EDIT

i mean the actual dpms not pics smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Good work, glad to know your still working after that hacked stuff.

94 stuff was funnily enough issued in, 1994  (I know, I can hear the hushed "Wow's" from here)

Funnily enough 1994 would be a bit late for the Falklands conflict.

A good picture of the stuff is from the Argentine site, and to quote something I once heard

"The fellow in the middle with the bad back"

http://malvinas.cazadoresdemonte.com.ar/imagenes/tanda34.jpg

his jacket

so the stuff on the shown models is actually accurate apart from the big splodge of green at the bottom of one of the legs.

Second comment

all L1A1's have the slits in the flash hider (four of em)  FNFAL's have the solid flash hiders.

Helmets for those who commented, were meant to be the current issue Kevlar ones, but most kept old issue/weren't yet issued with them so

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Barrie/Falk_8.gif

(copyrighted to Barrie Lovell http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Barrie/index.html )

the ones these blokes are wearing were used (these ones replaced the 'tin 'ats' that were used in WW2)

i have no idea about this but im guessing in this case 94's dont mean 1994, because the current DPM (95's i believe) cant have been given out one year after the 94's, it would just be wasteful to do this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 19 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have no idea about this but im guessing in this case 94's dont mean 1994, because the current DPM (95's i believe) cant have been given out one year after the 94's, it would just be wasteful to do this<span id='postcolor'>

you'd think so wouldn't you biggrin.gif

Nah these were both designed for different purposes, Temperate stuff is akin to cold climate kit (such as the climate in the Falklands) which can be found easily when you put on a temperate jacket and a 95 patt jacket and wonder why you gain weight with the temperate biggrin.gif

Also hence why there is no Temperate shirt (only the jacket) such as the 95 Patt shirt.

'95 pattern stuff is for general issue

Almost all UK gear is "Patterned" and the number before the Pattern is the date the kit entered service.

The stuff then was a mixture of Wet Weather waterproofs (can't remember the pattern), 66 Pattern stuff and 58 Pattern Webbing/Kit, although a lot of stuff was commercially bought by the Para's so looked a bit different (although not by much)

The DMS (Direct Molded Sole) boot was issue during the Falklands period. It was a light ankle boot which wasnt up to the job. (Although some people these days keep them for square bashing and cermonial duties as they have ideal toe cap to 'bull' up) Many troops began to suffer from trench foot, as the boots got sodden with water, many squaddies used their NBC over boots to keep the boots dry and out of the wet. Although some troops who could afford to, would buy the 'gucci' kit, like proper cold weather boots and cold weather/water proof gear.

The Argentinians had much better boots, which where full length, with leather upper and sole plus a storm welt, and many were aquired by the brits during and after the conflict.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Nov. 19 2002,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The DMS (Direct Molded Sole) boot was issue during the Falklands period. It was a light ankle boot which wasnt up to the job.<span id='postcolor'>

I've heard some stories regarding DMS boots that would make you cringe.

For example one bloke having to soak his feet in hot water, because his socks were stuck to his feet because of the blood.

Yeah the DMS boots issued to the British forces were definetly not suited to the Falklands environment.. Every opportunity to get Argentine boots was taken.. (Including taking them from captured soldiers)