djotacon

Has Steam Workshop store Arma 3

Has  Arma 3 a Steam Workshop store ?

I see this:

http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/251810/

Why this "engine" has a workshop store and Arma 3 dont any solution of this?

I dont see why dont have any wokshop store proposal even in this forum.

I dont understand too why the devs or the company dont make any statement to help the mods developers to create more and more contents.

Will we have an answer to this?

Who say this.. BIS aha, and you are?... :D

As it is possible for your generation to prefer begging to earn money honestly, it is a mystery that I can not explain.

And what is worse you defend take advantage of the work of others denying them the possibility of making money.

If you want to support the addons makers, donate to them!

Yeah...

https://www.bistudio.com/monetization

Do know how to read proper english.

Please read with me:

"Selling of in-game items, that don’t affect gameplay, is allowed."

Instead a black market of items why dont have a proper WORSHOP STORE with all the item regulated and a "legal" cover to do this operations.

• Like 1

https://www.bistudio.com/monetization

Mmmmm there's something very dark in this license....

"Accepting donations is allowed, but to avoid any doubts: not providing donations must not prevent anyone from accessing the content."

Accepting donations is allowed? ... a donation?

BIS Interactive is GIVING TO ME  THE PERMISSION TO ACCEPT A DONATION??????

WHO SAY THAT?

BIS IS GRATING TO ANYONE WHEN, WHERE,  ACCEPT A DONATION???

UNBELIVABLE!!!!

I'm suprised someone who appears to have been around for a reasonable period of time is so confused by Bohemia's monetization terms.

Its really simple. If you give money, and in return you get nothing, absolutely nothing. Its a donation. BIS has expanded on this and allowed donations that do provide some return in the form of allowing reserved slots on servers, however, for a server to do this, you have to register so that BIS can monitor who is doing this.

This process was tested for a year and they have decided to stick with it.

Before these terms, Life servers would charge outrageous amounts of money, sometimes monthly, to access their server filled with content, in 99% of the cases, was not theirs in anyway other than "My Awesome Life Server | $1Billion Start".

I would positively stop playing any BIS product if they introduced a "store" for modded content. Theres enough of an issue with people uploading others work onto the normal workshop let alone the possibility of people profiting from it from unsuspecting new players.

• Like 3

I would positively stop playing any BIS product if they introduced a "store" for modded content. Theres enough of an issue with people uploading others work onto the normal workshop let alone the possibility of people profiting from it from unsuspecting new players.

You are positively menacing and blackmailing to BIS.

I'm not talking about BIS monetized servers.

I'm talking about of a proper worskhop items store for this games, to regulate and provide a legal coverture to earn money.

Now all this inside the game dont have any legal option to sell anything.

So, due the rules of BI, there won't be a workshop store! Thats it, you could ask the support or ask BI directly over twitter or whatever, good luck.

• Like 3

So, due the rules of BI, there won't be a workshop store! Thats it, you could ask the support or ask BI directly over twitter or whatever, good luck.

The rules of BI are from BI and they can change anything they want.

Asking for a future Workshop Store for Arma 3 is legit in this forum.

And why I cant use this forum to make a simple question like this?

Good look to you too.

So, i asked a dev, he said there was a plan to add something like that, but that has been cancelled. 

He said that there were many problems, like Skyrim had as well.

• Like 1

Ah it's all about money these days, such a shame :(

I remember when it was done for free and for fun, the feeling you got helping others, now and then you got a few £/$ for a beer, now people expect to make a living from it ..... when will the madness end ?

• Like 4

Ah it's all about money these days, such a shame :(

I remember when it was done for free and for fun, the feeling you got helping others, now and then you got a few £/$ for a beer, now people expect to make a living from it ..... when will the madness end ?

I remember when the people were honest and they did not believe that the plate of food came from the sky.

We are talking about a legal and honest market for a black market that already exists. Save us your demogagogy and your hypocrisy making us believe that people work for free in your fantasy world.

I think there's a point right now that some people thinks that all people in this world are "dumb" or idiots that anyone can sell to them that begging instead a legit works is something good.

Usually this people thas hidden interest to say this kind of things.

I don't really want to reply anymore, because its like talking to a wall. 

The point in the moment is, that there won't be a Steam Workshop Store for Arma soon. And i like it, because i like making free content, its like my hobby beside of gaming itself, im not a big modder, i just made a few little mods but it was fun to make them and i would not be happy if someone would have to pay for them. Getting a voluntary donation makes me smiling a lot more!

This is my point of view, i understand that your one is different, but you have to accept it.

• Like 1

Save us your demogagogy and your hypocrisy making us believe that people work for free in your fantasy world.

I truely hope your greed brings you nothing but misery  :)

• Like 2

I don't really want to reply anymore, because its like talking to a wall. 

The point in the moment is, that there won't be a Steam Workshop Store for Arma soon. And i like it, because i like making free content, its like my hobby beside of gaming itself, im not a big modder, i just made a few little mods but it was fun to make them and i would not be happy if someone would have to pay for them. Getting a voluntary donation makes me smiling a lot more!

This is my point of view, i understand that your one is different, but you have to accept it.

Here you are only a customer like me, and right now in this forum anyone can ask something in a educated manner.

Your opinion isnt a fact and I only making a rigth question in a public forum  - the company forum -

and  I can read and understand another point of view but I dont have to accept it.

Right now a Workshop store is the legal way to make a register of the all transactions made right now, instead and "obscure" monetized server "rules??" - a rule isnt a law- we have an workshop store where there legal items.

Is very funny that all the lobbiers anti-workshop stores appears in 5 minutos trying to convince to every body that the only right point of view is theirs own.

I truely hope your greed brings you nothing but misery  :)

greed ? are you talking about greed ... :D :D :D :D with 50 mission/mods/scritps avaiable for free in STEAM :o , Armaholic :o , BIS FORUM :o  for the entire community for free? :wub:

You can see all of this here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23669

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=699613949

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699596807

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699017533

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699016514

And many more..

please dont insult my intelligence with your false modesty and humble... :D

Ritchie please can you show your scripts/mission/mods created for this community?

An interesting discussion so far-let's keep it friendly okay? I can see a lot of opportunities for things to get ugly here ;) Stay civil folks...

• Like 2

To me is very clear that is a sector inside this community that pretends that all the modders living the caves of the underground programming for ever.

Selling mods isn't a crime or a sin, well managed I see a great future of expansion and great quality content well afforded by the community.

It's quite late, but I thought to write up my view on the matter since its been put up to discussion and I feel like opening up. 

Biggest issue what I think people have with Workshop overall is that there are no proper authoring methods and moderation of shared content is slow and tedious when people import mods that are not theirs. That I believe is why so many are against what you are suggesting, since Steam Workshop seems to have become wildlands where mod authors need constantly spend their time issuing dmcas for unauthorized uploads. It does not give very trustworthy impression. 

This is from what I've heard is going on with big and popular mods like RHS and CUP so its just second hand impression of how things are.. But it is also something that concerns me if I need someday too spend time on something like that when I get to a proper release stage, which would directly be out of my time doing modding which is sparse already.. I would not want to spend my time like that.

Right now the situation is quite fierce from what I've heard and for money to be involved there would need to be much much much better management system so that only the proven mod authors could sell their stuff. Which would need someone to check all sold entries and that requires manpower and that requires money and so on.. Unfortunately I don't think many have much faith on such system becoming a reality seeing how things are right now. Also if I remember correctly BI would need to loosen their EULA  to allow the tools to be used for money making and whatever else that would require and that is probably a bid deal too.

I was not aware there is black market for mods, but I doubt those operating in such scene would cease and switch to "legit" store system where they could not sell other peoples work and would need to pay a cut of the profits for Steam and/or BI or someone else. (If you are aware of such schemes I hope you've reported them to BI might actually help the image of legit mod monetizing)

Another thing that bothers me in mod monetizing is that since we all have access to the tools and in theory can do any kind of mod anyone can come up with, where can the line of originality be drawn? For example I write a simple script that say spawns bunch of exploding goats on the map and put that up for sale, can I then claim no one else can write such a script? 

I don't really think so and I don't think any mod can claim such originality (at least not for the code). And while it is easy to compare code and say these are identical. It is also easy to re-write it a little bit different and claim you came up with it all by yourself. Obvious copies can dealt with, but what would be the procedure to deal with the not so obvious ones. Someone copies my exploding goat script and changes it to chickens, is it his now to sell while I wrote the whole thing?

Which leads to impossible sounding task of proving someone is not selling other peoples work. On models and terrains its usually easy to say who is the author, if a case where someone else's work where to be uploaded for sale and the author were to become aware of this and has original models for comparison or was some other way known as the author. But it again requires someone to recognize their work and can a moderator really do that? Or can a moderator spot a model ripped from some other game if its textures have been altered or if the model is downloaded from somewhere from the internet but it has a license that prohibits commercial use?

What kind of actions could be taken against those who will try to sell something that is not theirs and how would those who are caught later after selling all kinds of stuff be dealt with and where would the profits go and who would pay for them if the culprit was using a fake account and the money was long gone. Who would represent those who bought the stuff and would now need to delete them? Would they get their money back? From where?

In ideal world I would not have to be concerned about stuff like this and I could trust my fellow man to go by the rules, but the current workshop shenannigans and this black market you speak of tells me it is not so. 

• Like 6

An interesting discussion so far-let's keep it friendly okay? I can see a lot of opportunities for things to get ugly here ;) Stay civil folks...

There can't be a discussion because this:

No, just NO!

If you want to support the addons makers, donate to them!

There won't be a workshop store anytime!

https://www.bistudio.com/community/game-content-usage-rules

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Modding_License

Pay money for Community Content is the death for the Community! No one wants to pay for mods, addons, scripts, tools, missions make from the Community for the Community. And on the other piont is the modding license!

You are not allowed earn money with use of the BI tools.

• Like 2

besides all written above which are on the money ^

If you ask me, the first issue is the monetization schemes that allows certain server owners to earn money. No we are not talking about donations here. It's a direct sale (hence it needs to be declared to your fiscal institution as such). So group a can make a profit from providing a place where you can play. But group B cannot make a profit from providing the content that you can play with. 

I handle all DMCAs and legal matters for RHS. It's not simple, and not really effective. I am sure that there are server using monetization schemes using RHS data that i don't know of. Just as i am sure next week there will be yet another person uploading RHS content on steam. 

You cannot have a proper selling point of any sort in the current environment. It's not about just the users not willing to pay (and mind you if shit starts to get sold, everyone will go that way, or simply quit), it's about the current content creators that see no way to do that as well as protect their IP rights. There are already plenty rips, plenty shady content grabbed from all over the place. That will grow exponentially if one could make a buck out of it.

There can't be a discussion because this:

Pay money for Community Content is the death for the Community! No one wants to pay for mods, addons, scripts, tools, missions make from the Community for the Community. And on the other piont is the modding license!

You are not allowed earn money with use of the BI tools.

You cannot earn money with the use of BI tools, correct. But i can, using my own commercial tools.

• Like 6

You cannot earn money with the use of BI tools, correct. But i can, using my own commercial tools.

Yes, but who have there own tools? Without RHS. I don't know who.

Yes, but who have there own tools? Without RHS. I don't know who.

yes i do own my own tools that i bought with real money. I can sell that content as i please. I simply cannot sell .p3ds (because that would mean i used BI tools). But these days you can create p3ds without the use of BI tools anyways...

commercial tools means = commercial license for 3ds max, SP2, quixel, PS etc. Or free variants such as blender, gimp, pain.net etc

• Like 1