evrik

Overcast, grey sky, but no rain.

Hello all, I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I am looking for some help / confirmation regarding the weather system.

At the moment I am trying to create a mission on a dedicated server, with JIP enabled, set on the Winter Chernarus map. I have a snow script which, when combined with fog, provides a really good atmosphere when the sky is grey and set to overcast.

Unfortunately, setting the weather to overcast inevitably leads to it raining during the mission. I need to stop this from happening. I have attempted to use the sliders in the mission - manually setting rain to 0 - but it doesn't work if the overcast slider is set to anything over 50%. Likewise I have tried using setRain, setOvercast and forceWeatherChange on the server:

0 setOvercast 1; 0 setRain 0; forceWeatherChange; 999999 setRain 0;

This still does not appear to work. Has anyone found a way of reliably preventing rain on a dedicated multiplayer server if Overcast is set high? Do the setOvercast, setRain, and forceWeatherChange commands actually work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Untested:

while {true} do {
	if (rain > 0) then
	{
		0 setRain 0;
		forceWeatherChange;
	};
        sleep 1;
};
Edited by Neviothr

@Neviothr: Thanks, I'll test that. I'd rather not have a constantly looped script to reset the weather every second though. However, if that works, then it may be the only option.

@ineptaphid: We are using ACE3 and ALIVE on the mission, but not the ACE3 or ALIVE weather modules as we didn't want to overwrite the vanilla system.

I've tested the above solution and it seems to be working fine (note that I optimized it a bit by removing the _rain variable).

Also, the next could also be used:

while {true} do
{
	waitUntil {rain > 0};
	0 setRain 0;
	forceWeatherChange;
};

Although I've noticed that it caused some stuttering for me.

I think that is a result of it constantly enforcing an instant weather change rather than the standard decay / change over time. Hmm.

That's how it works, and there's really not point to changing it since rain doesn't go from 1-100, the script detects if it's above 0 (0.1 or more), and immediately changes it back to 0.

This still does not appear to work.

This should work

We are using ACE3 and ALIVE on the mission, but not the ACE3 or ALIVE weather modules as we didn't want to overwrite the vanilla system.

About ace 3 weather, i think it changing weather even if you not use ace weather module.

Use Ace 3 weather module and set for not changing weather if there is a option for it.

@killzone_kid: Can anyone confirm that it does actually work? It should work, but doesn't seem to unfortunately. If someone can confirm that they have it working on a dedicated server - and how they did it - it would be a great help. I appreciate that it could be ALIVE or ACE3 causing a conflict, but it would be great to know that the command actually did work.

@Persian MO: That is something we can try if there is a setting. As this is for a Public Server, we can't really get rid of ACE3 or ALIVE as both are essential, so it would be a real shame if either of them are breaking the command. But as I said above, it would be great to know for certain that

does actually work.

Thanks. That's good to know. Chances are it is either ALIVE or ACE3 messing things up then. That's an issue as we kinda need them for the Public mission. I appreciate the help.

As said above-ACE still affects the weather even without modules. I'm not exactly sure how it works-i just know when I use MCC or to try and start it raining during a mission, it will not work if ACE is running. It will rain for about 3 seconds then suddenly stop. I would ask on the ACE thread how to solve your issue.

Yep, that works. It was the ACE3 module. All that was needed was to add the ACE3 Weather module and then disable it. Thanks for the help!

• Like 2