peegee

Toggle raise weapon & Raise weapon controls break movement

Heya! I noticed both of these commands have inconsistent behaviour.

I tried both controls recently again and the results are so inconsistent it's hard to put a finger on.

With both sidearms and rifles in all positions, speeds and directions you lose control over your character, ending up running in completely wrong direction for many seconds.

Stops and jerks happen constantly, suddenly standing up or crouching might also occur. 

I decided to try Raise weapon command, since I really like how it works in DayZ SA, Hold key and weapon raises, release key then weapon lowers. That's how I always wanted to play A3 too.
Unfortunately I don't know what it's supposed to do in Arma.

The way it handles is basically hold to lower/raise weapon / sudden toggle lower / raise weapon in the same input. There is no consistent control to toggle it. When the out of control movement is happening on top of this, it get's crazy.
It's hard to explain. Basically Raise weapon command lowers the weapon when holding the key, it might leave toggled down, then doing the opposite again.

When doing this by starting weapon lowered first, then trying to use Raise weapon, the results will end up in the same loop, as at some point it leaves toggled.

I just hope that this could be fixed so there would be more consistent control over the character.

I have that problem too, and its been a pain in the arse for years.

The biggest problem for me is that I play with the arrow keys. Which means I have to rebind most keys over to the "right" side of the keyboard. 

But this causes a lot of conflicts.  I've started with a clean keybinding file many time over, and checked and removed any conflicts. 

But I always ended up having problems especially with "Toggle Combat Pace" and "Toggle Raise Weapon".   

Sometimes the weapon would not Raise at all, or it could take up too 3 seconds. And the character may also keep moving forward or in completely wrong direction, for many seconds.

It seems that the more you press, the longer your character will run. 

I ended up solving the problem by buying a Logitech G602 with 13 buttons and the solution for me was to add the default keys to the 6 thumb buttons. 

I've been a happy camper with that mouse for almost 4 years now.  But it broke down tonight. 

So now I'm back in the forum again, looking for the same answers and now complaining because there's still no solution. And I've been trying for 6 hours make the keybinding work. 

1. Its possible to add a bunch of keybinds to the same key without getting a conflict.  

2. It's also possible to get conflicts with many keys you should not expect to be conflicting. Infantry / Vehicles. 

I love you Bohemia and 3k hours proves it. But but the keybinding is a mess, it always was.  

Hard to belive I ended up coming back to this thread, while searching for a fix to the same f..... problem, 7 YEARS LATER.  

1 hour ago, 2re Turbo said:

Hard to belive I ended up coming back to this thread, while searching for a fix to the same f..... problem, 7 YEARS LATER.

I suppose you could search through feedback tracker for relevant ticket and create one in case of it's absence:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/