maximumak777

"You were kicked off the game." Really tired of this!

Hi,

I haven't been able to join any ArmA 3 vanilla servers for the past few weeks, especially since the Apex update came out. Every time I try to join KotH servers, Wasteland servers etc, my game always crashes at the loading screen or I can play for a few seconds before I get "You were kicked off the game." and then I'm sent to the server list screen again.

I sent my first support ticket a few weeks ago, and then submitted another a few days ago, and I'm waiting for confirmation on whether this is a bug that needs to be fixed, or if there is a working solution to this. The cause of this problem hasn't been identified yet. I've also sent three emails to the support team, who told me to try things like clean reinstalling my game or verifying game cache files, along with disabling Antivirus/Firewall. Unfortunately none of this worked.

Here is the link to my support ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119740

This is a detailed and extensive ticket, it contains all my attempted fixes and important files such as the .zip troubleshooting reports and the most recent .rpt file. I urge you to go read it if it helps you to find a solution to this.

Specs:

GPU: GTX 970

CPU: intel i5 4690

RAM: 4GB

I have alerted the A3 Twitter to this problem and I think my ticket is being investigated, but I'm not sure.

Here is the link to the troubleshooting report in case you didn't read the support ticket: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akg1MfsD8Ko-gi7pdPmIwIwZ1l6s{F38737}

I'm seriously getting tired of this problem. I haven't been able to play on a KotH or Wasteland server for a couple of weeks now, and I miss it because both of those are my favourite game modes. I'm thinking of just uninstalling the game right now because this has been happening for so long, until I get an explanation for this, a solution, or confirmation that this is a bug that is being worked on.

There are several people on the Steam forums that have also been experiencing this issue. If you're also experiencing this, go ahead and comment below.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello, I might not be sure if this still works but I had this problem before when I used mods to join a server.

Do you have any mods enabled? Try disabling your mods before you play :)

Cheers!

see you are playing arma all wrong which is why you are not able to join any server... try doing this instead https://units.arma3.comthen you can thank me later

see you are playing arma all wrong which is why you are not able to join any server... try doing this instead https://units.arma3.comthen you can thank me later

To be honest I don't know if listing some milsim units would solve his current issue :P But im sure he would find that info useful! :) It's either he is using mods or something is broken with the server.

Cheers!

Hello, I might not be sure if this still works but I had this problem before when I used mods to join a server.

Do you have any mods enabled? Try disabling your mods before you play :)

Cheers!

I've tried unsubscribing to mods and disabling them but it did not work :(

I've tried unsubscribing to mods and disabling them but it did not work :(

Oh that's a shame that it didn't work :( unfortunately I can't help no longer as I'm a sucker when it comes to troubleshooting...

My apologies, P.S try joining other servers aside from KoTh and wasteland? If it still won't work when you join other servers then something i really don't know what's wrong...

Best of luck to you and I hope you find a server you can play on! Seeing your quite new, welcome to the dark world of Errors :P

Cheers mate!

I suppose the servers run battleye. In that case I'd recommend using the arma3battleye.exe instead of the regular arma3.exe (or start with BE enabled either way).

try verifying data. Usually ingame the server spits out what exactly the issue was (e.g PLAYERXXX has wrong signature for a3.pbo)into its log file and drops it into the chat bar as well, not that you can actually see it, but everybody else can. 

• Like 1

If you getting kicked off, check on the arma3 launcher that you haven't got any mods loaded. As this sound the likely issue.

• Like 2

I had a similar issue of repeated crashes and kicks from a modded server, one I actually was an admin on.

I also raised a ticket on feedback tracker with BI and had much the same responses.

I had also repeated all the steps you list in your ticket several times with no success.

In the end it was only the addition of a new ssd to my PC and complete fresh install of Steam and Arma 3 that enabled me to get onto the server I needed to be on. This may not be any help at all to you, but if you have the where with all to buy and fit new drive just for steam and Arma it might work as it did for me.

I had a similar issue of repeated crashes and kicks from a modded server, one I actually was an admin on.

I also raised a ticket on feedback tracker with BI and had much the same responses.

I had also repeated all the steps you list in your ticket several times with no success.

In the end it was only the addition of a new ssd to my PC and complete fresh install of Steam and Arma 3 that enabled me to get onto the server I needed to be on. This may not be any help at all to you, but if you have the where with all to buy and fit new drive just for steam and Arma it might work as it did for me.

this has to be the stupidest "tip" i've heard. buying a ssd has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being able to get on the server....
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

this has to be the stupidest "tip" i've heard. buying a ssd has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being able to get on the server....

Yet it was the only thing that got me back onto Arma 3  servers and the specific server I administrate. I in no way say that this is the fix, but that, only this worked for me; having done many trouble shooting options as OP has been asked to do with no success. This included deleting Arma 3, Steam and all associated files from previous hard drive and re installing everything several times. I still could not join Arma 3 servers.

I did not buy the ssd to fix a problem I bought it as an upgrade of my system and took this break in being able to play to install the hardware.  It is not how i would have expected to fix my issue but it came about as a consequence of the addition of new drive, again where nothing else had.

At least I offered something different from the tired suggestions of others who did not read OP feedback ticket and suggested what had already been tried with out success!

as others have already said, OP should check for mods, prehaps ask a friend to join the server then ask him to tell you if anything pops up when you try to join and get kicked off. What if the server itself was having problems?

@ TheStainlessSteelRat

Just because you are low tech and weren't able to solve the problem without splurging on an SSD, doesn't mean thats the one and only solution (with your attitude anyways..). A reinstall of steam or just formatting the whole drive would've probably had the same effect as buying a new ssd. A classic CrapPostâ„¢

as others have already said, OP should check for mods, prehaps ask a friend to join the server then ask him to tell you if anything pops up when you try to join and get kicked off. What if the server itself was having problems?

@ TheStainlessSteelRat

Just because you are low tech and weren't able to solve the problem without splurging on an SSD, doesn't mean thats the one and only solution (with your attitude anyways..). A reinstall of steam or just formatting the whole drive would've probably had the same effect as buying a new ssd. A classic CrapPo

Again I have not said that this is the one and only solution and I have no attitude, other than to the vitriloic response I received for suggesting something that worked only for me, having done all that was asked by BI as has original OP with no success in rejoining servers. This included a reinstall of steam and game and having my fellow server admin watch my connection, as you suggest, with no success. I do not want this post to become about my 'stupid' and 'crap' idea.

I do hope the OP finds his solution and soon and maybe posts about it too for others in same position.

Anybody saying it's probably mods should definitely take a look at the initial post and the linked rpt in his support ticket. It's not mods.

• Like 2

Hi,

My friend said that the only message that pops up when I get kicked off the server is this:

"Player Solid Snake kicked off.

Player Solid Snake disconnected"

[solid Snake is my profile name]

And yeah, it's definitely not mods. The only mod I've ever installed is Battle Royale and I deleted and unsubbed to it a long time ago. Please read the .rpt file in my support ticket.

Anybody saying it's probably mods should definitely take a look at the initial post and the linked rpt in his support ticket. It's not mods.

Hi,

Thanks for reading my support ticket and looking at the .rpt file. I'm wondering if you saw anything that might explain this issue in the rpt file?

I honestly think this is a glitch/bug of some kind. There are several other people who are complaining about this on the Steam Arma 3 forums. . Furthermore, in the months prior to the Apex update being released, I didn't have this problem AT ALL. 

@ TheStainlessSteelRat

Just because you are low tech and weren't able to solve the problem without splurging on an SSD, doesn't mean thats the one and only solution (with your attitude anyways..). A reinstall of steam or just formatting the whole drive would've probably had the same effect as buying a new ssd. A classic CrapPostâ„¢

I've stated what my friend saw when he joined the server, in my above posts. I've also tried disabling and uninstalling mods.

I don't think it's server sided either because this happens on ALL servers- including official missions

I suppose the servers run battleye. In that case I'd recommend using the arma3battleye.exe instead of the regular arma3.exe (or start with BE enabled either way).

I tried this a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, no luck. I don't understand why this is happening, and I've sent like three emails and made two support tickets to the BI support so I think they are investigating it

Hi,

Thanks for reading my support ticket and looking at the .rpt file. I'm wondering if you saw anything that might explain this issue in the rpt file?

Not directly, no. Try deleting all *.bisign-Files from your game folder and make a steam integrity check afterwards.

Not directly, no. Try deleting all *.bisign-Files from your game folder and make a steam integrity check afterwards.

Late reply I know, but can I ask where I find those files?

Someone help ALL OF MY SERVERS are red EVEN THE OFFICIALS ONES I HAVE 1400 AND IN THE LAST MONTH I CANT PLAY ARMA

I HAVE NO MODS ACTIVATED

I VERIFIED THE GAME FILES BY ARMA 3 STEAM PROPERTIES

I HAVE BATTLEYE REINSTALLED AND ACTIVATED ON THE LAUNCHER I AM F*CKING TIRED OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you are still having this problem try deleting AIA_LanguageCore.pbo and AIA_LanguageCore.H.pbo from the Dta folder.

i had the same issue and this worked for me