Sign in to follow this  
Coul

Where's DirectX 12?

This was like one of the big things i was looking forward to with the apex update, now its been 7 days and theres no news of directx 12 being implemented

DX12 was only stated as an possible initial goal (with no promises) back when Apex plans were announced. Those plans were taken back publicly some months ago, so no DX12 in Apex.

This has been communicated earlier in this sitrep that no directx 12 support will be available in Apex:

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00151

...This does mean quite definitely that no DX12 implementation will be part of the platform update that is to accompany the Apex release.

Yeah. But what about the "Enfusion Engine"? I hate DayZ but i just reinstalled it last week to see what the "Enfusion Engine" is about and i have to say im pretty impressed.

I can understand that DX12 would make its appearance in ARMA 4 in the future but i really hope we could get some information about implemantation of the "EE" into ARMA 3 Apex.

• Like 1

Some features might come to ArmA from Enfusion like object occlusion which is already implemented. However I don't think it is possible to simply swap to Enfusion in ArmA 3.

Yeah. But what about the "Enfusion Engine"? I hate DayZ but i just reinstalled it last week to see what the "Enfusion Engine" is about and i have to say im pretty impressed.

I can understand that DX12 would make its appearance in ARMA 4 in the future but i really hope we could get some information about implemantation of the "EE" into ARMA 3 Apex.

This has already been covered in this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190609-new-engine/

Closing - :padlock:

• Like 1