jukk

CSAT (Pacific) player speaks English

Hi!

I noticed that while playing as CSAT (Pacific), the player character uses the English voice protocol instead of the new Chinese one(s). This can be reproduced by going to editor and placing down a group of CSAT (Pacific), with player as the team leader for example, and giving the AI commands (the AI will respond in Chinese). The "old" CSAT player character still speak Farsi as one would expect.

Now I don't know if this is a universal bug but at least someone else has run into it and made ticket on the tracker (they also report that the Syndikat players use English instead of French):

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119268

I did verify my game files after updating so I suppose this is a universal issue.

Did you use some mods. More exactly, do you have some mods loaded even if you don't use them? One known mod altering the language of vanilla unit (CSAT or else) is Unsung Bravo. Reds speak Vietnamese. And when player open Arsenal, you have also Vietnamese voices, what ever mission you play. Too much intrusive.

No, completely vanilla. Also checking out the voices in profile setup doesn't replay Chinese or French voices for any of the options, only English, Altian English and Farsi.

It has been that way all through the Apex prewiew. I thought tzhey would add the right player voices for the factions at release...but that did not happen.

Since it was possible in ArmA II, I dont know for what reasons BIS left it out.

Yes, and it also seems weird considering the AI does use those voice protocols properly themselves.

if I were to guess it's because you've set your user profile to have an English voice, and it just takes from that

if I were to guess it's because you've set your user profile to have an English voice, and it just takes from that

Well, except the user profile doesn't let you specify voice language, only voice type (IIRC 12 options to select from). Each voice type is associated with all of the languages, and when you select a type, or change the pitch, it previews in 3 languages: English, Altian English, Farsi. The Chinese and French are completely missing even from the previews.

So I tried and seems like it works in Virtual Arsenal: if you select your voice type in the Virtual Arsenal as Chinese, then your character will stick to Chinese in the Try-mode. But this does not work in the Editor for example: even if you select the unit's voice in the Attributes as Chinese, it will still use English voice in Preview and otherwise.

Additionally, when playing as the new unit's, the game won't use the English voice of your profile setting but instead will revert to using the default English voice.