supergruntsb78

(SOLVED) removing Addon dependencies in mission.sqm (APEX) ?

as of late i had some troubles with ARMA 3 and mods (its something different but i think A3 mod stability is bad compared to OPF / A1 / A2) so i didn't play for a while   now i return i started playing around again and installed the APEX preview copied a small part of a other mission as a base and started building (adding and removing items on the map) now i decided to clean up A3 mods a bit resulting in a problem with my mission  it sees dependencies that aren't there 

in the old 2D editor i open up the mission SQM and removed the addons part of the mission so it was alright again   but with the new 3DEN i can not figure out how to reove the addons list from the file 

anybody can help ? 

• Like 1

Open the mission sqm and search for all mod entries in addons[] = {};

In case you binarized the mission sqm you need to start it again with all needed mods and disable binarization either in the preferences or in the mission's General settings.

• Like 2

Open the mission sqm and search for all mod entries in addons[] = {};

In case you binarized the mission sqm you need to start it again with all needed mods and disable binarization either in the preferences or in the mission's General settings.

I spent like an hour making changes to a mission last night.  Finished up and then realized I forgot to remove the unneeded CBA dependency.  "Oh, I'll just edit it out!" clickity clack... edit the SQM directly totally ignoring all the "hey, this file is binarized dummy!" characters everywhere... save... mission ruined.  :(

• Like 2

thanks  i never would have found out that i had the file binarized (its such a small checkbox in the editor :( )   

so i wqould say with that answer problem solved :) 

I spent like an hour making changes to a mission last night.  Finished up and then realized I forgot to remove the unneeded CBA dependency.  "Oh, I'll just edit it out!" clickity clack... edit the SQM directly totally ignoring all the "hey, this file is binarized dummy!" characters everywhere... save... mission ruined.   :(

Why is it ruined? Load cba, open the mission, save it again (without binarization) and edit it out.

• Like 1

Ah so glad someone pointed this out, feel stupid for not realising there was a binarized checkbox now.

i would guess his binarised mission.sqm is corrupted now..

Exactly. :)

I am having kinda the same problem. I published a mission while I was in the Apex Sneak Preview branch without even using the apex stuff and when I released it people couldn't play it. I still don't get though how to remove the apex stuff from the mission.sqm

First in the editor go through and make sure you remove all Apex specific units and objects.  Then open your mission.sqm (unbinarized!) in Notepad++ and look for the addons[]= { } section.  It'll look something like this:

addons[]=
{
	"A3_Characters_F_Exp_Civil",
	"A3_Air_F_Exp_Plane_Civil_01",
        "A3_Structures_F_Heli_Furniture",
        "A3_Weapons_F_Mark_Rifles_MX"
};

The entries with Exp in them should be Apex specific, so you'd delete those from that list.  Those with Mark from Marksman DLC, those with Heli from Helicopters DLC and so on.  Be sure to watch for an extra trailing comma if you remove the last addon from the list but leave others.

Here's that the mission.sqm files look like non-binarized and binarized in various editors.  Top left is non-, while the other three views are a binarized file in Notepad++, Sublime Text, and Windows Notepad, clockwise.

Eerm1Ud.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I posted because I didn't use apex stuff in my mission! I was only on the Apex Sneak Preview but nothing that had to do with apex was spawned int he mission!

Not all of the objects in the Sneak Peak were properly labeled with the Apex icon at one point. Did you see any _Exp_ entries in the addons section of your mission.sqm?

Not all of the objects in the Sneak Peak were properly labeled with the Apex icon at one point. Did you see any _Exp_ entries in the addons section of your mission.sqm?

I can't tell dude it's binarized and I have to re download the Apex Sneak Peak branch to open that mission again in the editor :(

Or wait till July 11th :)  Or upload it somewhere and someone can unbin it for ya.

Or wait till July 11th :)  Or upload it somewhere and someone can unbin it for ya.

Can you do it for me? :)

When I get back home.  Had to go back to work just now. :P

• Like 1

When I get back home.  Had to go back to work just now. :P

Shit we live across the globe. I'll send you a PM with the mission files. Thanks dude.

alex will wake up to a fixed mission, yay!

Thank you!!! :D