Sign in to follow this  
target_practice

'Work Drive is completing some operation in the background'

I've been setting up a new P-drive using the work drive tool, but when it finishes unpacking the game data it prints the message "Work Drive is completing some operation in the background," and then spams the prompt with dots.

I left it to continue for about 15 minutes but it still didn't finish.

Trying to close the prompt will result in it printing "Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." followed by it crashing.

Can you please, share your work drive log?

The described behavior (background operations and dots) is perfectly normal. The text informs you about the state and the dots are here to confirm that the workdrive thread is still running.

When launch the primary tool from Steam and then you press CTRL+L, it will open the log directory, then, in this directory, you will find some files called WorkDrive.<date>.rpt. Those are your work drive logs.

I haven't found anything wrong in the log but this could mean that something is wrong at a lower level in the Work Drive. Also, according to the logs, the generated data seems fine.

I will try to add more debug info in the next iteration.

Uploaded to Pastebin due to length.

As far as I can see, it completes its intended operation but just gets stuck in a loop at the end.

You tried leaving it? I thought mine had crashed but just left it and it worked in the end. All the arma tools are buggy, they often show up not responding! But you just have to wait it out and hope it works lol

It took a wee while for me (and I have a brand new rig). Best to leave it running until sure something is definitely not right.