Victim_913

Grabing small objects

Is there a way to grab small objects in TB? First of all, the tb controls suck. I hate having to keep looking at the keyboard, going to page up and page down, back to w and z and the mouse etc. But as I try to grab anything small to move them in the bulldozer I can't. Even selecting them in the tb 2d, they get let go of in bulldozer. Only big buildings can be selected in tb and still be selected in bulldozer.

I had a game once that let you lock objects once selected. That way if you click somewhere else, the object will still be selected unless you specifically un select it.

Anything like that? or a way to grab them? And I am aware of map builder, but i'm looking for specifically official tools right now.

Oh, and is there any magic that will assemble buildings with multiple sections. Like the hotel. Is there something where I can selct all the parts, and push a button that will put the pieces together automatically?

Thanks

Place the smaller objects with MapBuilder or xCam, much easier to move again if needed.

same problem from the beggining, 

if you put a small object , you cant pick it in buldozer mode.

same problem exist when you have multiple objects in same or near position.(i think you can pick only the bigger object from the area, or the object from lowest object layer. Also some times there is a problem with the object pivot point. you can pick it if you click 1-5mm away from the center)

a workaround for this is to lock the layers that you wont need to edit. (if you have more layers than default one.)

if you dont have one ,then create a new one , work there with the default layer locked  and when you finish your new creation copy your work (ctrl+c) , delete everything from new layer ,and paste it in to your main layer in same position , lock again and make every new creation this way.

for the small object and only if you work on new layer (because if you have more objects very near then you pick those objects too), you can pick it with ctrl + hold left mouse , drag until you see the gray rectangle cover the area that your object is. if this way you pick and another object that you dont want then shift and click to unpick it.Then move the object with arrow keys .

No easy way I guess. What I've been doing is placing a big object I don't need, left click drag over the big and the small. Then I move the small object by grabbing the big one, then delete the big one. Using another layer will make it easier with that method (thanks drogonsyr). But I still can't get around using only small objects on new layer because even If I drag select it, I still have to left click in order to move it.

Thanks

If I use map builder, will it allow me to place it the same as tb? I ask because I want to make sure AI will acknowledge everything. Compositions and templates usually don't get Ai to use it properly.

Yes , on small objects you dont have left click and move....only arrow keys.....with left click you lose the selection of the object  . Maybe Devs fix this someday....and it is not the only problem in TB....

i hope for a patch for the tools soon.....

I often place a bigger object next to the tiny ones I want to manipulate and select them, center my cursor on the big one and then remove it.

You can also replace the cursor box model thing with one of the balls from the ground editing brush for more accuracy. Remember the object you touch need to be in the very centre of your cursor. I'd recommend use x-cam mod to place details though. I place big things in TB as they often need ground levelled out under them and then leave details for later.

Put your smaller objects in a different layer from your structures.

TB will only allow you to select objects in the current layer, unless you switch layers or use the (object)layer picker tool from the toolbar it will not select objects from a seperate layer.

• Like 1