Hey guy,

I'v searched for this but couldn't find it. I want a way for which the helicopter will stay stationary on the ground with its blades spinning, not fly up into the air. I'v tried turning the engine on but it will just fly up into the air.

I want it for a mission where once the player gets in it'll take off straight away.

You may need to set the behavior of the pilot to "CARELESS" but usually this:

chopper land "GET IN";

does the trick.

cheers

Not working, all i want is for the choppers blades to be spinning, but not take off into the air.

Hey did this

this engineOn true; doStop this;

So now the helicopter pritty much puts it landing gear up and just hovers about halfa meter above the ground(which is okay for me)
And one last thing what do i put in the trigger to make the heli fly off?(the opposite to doStop)
)

Hey did this

So now the helicopter pritty much puts it landing gear up and just hovers about halfa meter above the ground(which is okay for me)

And one last thing what do i put in the trigger to make the heli fly off?(the opposite to doStop)

)

i suggest:

yourheli doMove yourheli;

or try this:

yourheli stop false;
Edited by sarogahtyp

not working, neither of them work.

for the

yourheli doMove yourheli;

;
It gives me an error

error domove, type object, expected array

not working, neither of them work.

for the

;

It gives me an error

Okay seems to work another way:

yourheli doMove position yourheli;

If heli is under fire, it may raise up and hover before you board chopper.  To fix this, I had to set enableSimulation False for pilot when the chopper's height was < 1 meter.  I would then reenablesimulation for the pilot once the player boarded the chopper.  It was the only way I could guarantee chopper stayed on ground until player squad boarded.  This was over and above doStop, setbehaviour CARELESS, etc.

Let me know if you need me to dig up the exact code for that.

I've used a trigger in the past to "engineOn" when a player is within 30 meters so the heli is ready to go when you get in.