Joe98

Camera controls in Eden

Search this forum for "camera controls"  no results found.

In the Eden editor:

- I can move the camera left and right. 

- I can look up and look down.

- I can move the camera forward

- When the camera reaches high ground it bumps into the high ground and stops.

How can I move the camera up and down?

( The controls called "Development"  or "Bulldozer"  don't seem to do anything)

(I am posting this 45 minutes later.  I have not edited my post above.)

Solved!

Currently I move forward by pressing the  X  key.

If I go to the num pad and hold down the  +   key  again I move forward.  The difference is that if I move the mouse "up"  the camera moves up and over the mountain.

Also the camera moves forward at a much greater speed which means I can move about the Eden editor map that much faster.

Just as we can set the controls for soldiers, aircraft, vehicles and submarines it would be handy if we could set the controls for the Eden camera.

In the upcoming patch, the camera controls will be configurable in a new Editor Camera category. You can currently test it in the game's dev branch.

Is there a way to remap other Eden controls to make different keys available to the camera? For example, I use 'E' to move forward, but mapping the camera to this key has no effect because 'E' is used to toggle the Entities list on the left side of the screen. I would love to bind the Entities list to 'W' or something and use 'E' for the camera. Is that possible?

I'm trying to set the Cursor (arrow Keys) to control the camera....

I can succesfully map the keys but it doesn't seem to move the camera, only the menu options on the right hand side.

PLEASE can this be fixed, it's most frustrating having this most common of Key maps, restricted or buggy ?

Thanks

SJ

Page up and Page down doesnt work when I bind them to camera up / down. I have them for now on Home / End, but would prefer to use Page U/D to keep it consistent with my other key binds.

Ok... I have nothing else but "camera up" bound to 'home', but when I have a unit synched to a zeus module the camera pops straight to that unit (player) inside the editor.

It seems like custom setups are a complete hit and miss and that some functions are stuck to certain keys whatever settings you have.

I would love to have complete control of my key setup....

edit. It seems home is hard coded to some kind of "go to player feature"? It makes sense and it I would probably do just fine with that in my setup. But then I would like to use page up/down for camera up/down.

Is there a list somewhere with all the keys that cant be rebinded and what they do?

• Like 1

Completely agree, all key bound functions Must be configurable. It's super frustrating otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is seriously giving me a hard time.

I used to be able to use r, e, f, t, for forward, left, back and right respectively because I could edit what keys opened the entities and asset browsers and now I can't!

B I Fail!

• Like 1

I guess I have to make all my eden and camera controls as BI default. A3 gives me the impression that the devs made the game around how they like it and the tweaks for users as a half finished afterthought. Eden controls, camera controls, difficulty settings and so on. For A4 I will probably need a xbox controller.... ;)

• Like 1

Sigh, now with the latest update yet another key taken away, just got use to crabbing everywhere as E is hard bound, now F has been hardbound to center on selected entity.

Come on BI sort the keybindings out for the editor. give us all keys.

There was little point allowing us to bind camera controls when a large amount of keys are non bindable due to them being hard bound to editor functionality.

Ive said it before during Eden development and at RC testing that this is something that should of been accounted for right from the beginning.

So much for modability when you cannot even change the editor keys with them locked away in the engine.

• Like 3

Yes, I got my hopes up when I heard that Eden camera controls would allow rebinding but it's useless if the other keys cannot be rebound. For example I like using the arrow keys for forward/back/left/right which I am now able to do, but I cannot rebind the 'add waypoint' key from left shift to right shift. Seems like the rebinding option was an afterthought and hasn't been implemented well. :(

I guess nothing new here BI? Kinda gave up on editing as I got tired of this and the vehicle AI.

I use <space> key for down usually, and it's hardbound to the Editor UI button focus change?! LMAO