Drifter

[Terrain] Khogyani, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan (Release Thread)

I managed to catch the stream on Monday.....I found it absolutely fascinating to watch you build those beautiful compounds. It really shows why this terrain is the one your most proud of.

Thank you for going that little bit extra to stream your WIP....inspirational stuff indeed.

Thank you for the kind words and stopping by, I will definitely have plans for future streams.

Early morning stream today, plan on starting in roughly 30 minutes from now. (8/11, Streaming of the terrain will start around 7:30am Alaska Time, stream will begin early but at a splash screen until start time.)

Other US timezones:

8:30am Pacific Time

9:30am Mountain Time

10:30am Central Time

11:30am Eastern Time

YT Stream - https://gaming.youtu...otGamingHD/live

Edit:

Stream ended. A good 2 hours of streaming my work in progress of Khogyani. Thanks to those who were able to stop by, for those who weren't able to make it to the stream, do not worry I have all of my streams uploaded right after I'm finished streaming.

Stream upload:

Hey guys! New small update and a few pictures!

- New lighting installed (No more black horizon).

- New land elevations (No more complete flatness... almost).

- Some fields and farming areas have been (Bushified).

- Closer to the pre-beta release.

- Fixed the error with buildings gray boxes not showing up on the navigation map.

New issue - Grass not showing (I possibly know a fix)

A few pictures of some of the new fields, towns and lighting:

69DB0C7F3E9FECDB322CD6D09F2336FBCC88E968

75C8A8648A864E643CF105622BEE788358040796

095C5DC3D45E9E6BBB19358E3A87907B51A66E92

86E01B90337D07D51A8532BD973B4AA379B54C46

3AAEAEA98E6855E077A9FA148C20F3B25F704EFB

DD9D48239F91563D31703DA7C9A23016D5826A15

BFB6CBD70942E1B5DE33B873D84030EDA2E33392

New streams planned on Sunday and Monday (8/21 and 8/22) @ 4:00PM Pacific Time, US. Feel free to drop in, ask questions about the terrain or just talk.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Looking good!

Regarding the photos, would those be from a very cloudy day?

I do believe so, I'm not really sure to be honest. I just loaded in editor, placed a unit and took screenshots. Didn't change the weather at all or even look at it. However I did change my setting such as brightness and contrast a little bit, maybe thats why they look a bit washed out.

Yeah I'm sure that's why. The photos remind me of Apex-gate. :)

Could you get any photos from a nice sunny day without adjusting anything so we can see how the lighting is going?

Really excited for this map. Just catching this. Wanted a good Afghan map for some time. You may have answered this somewhere, but do you know the approx size of this map? 5km x 5km? 20km x 20km? 

Really excited for this map. Just catching this. Wanted a good Afghan map for some time. You may have answered this somewhere, but do you know the approx size of this map? 5km x 5km? 20km x 20km? 

Its actually fairly small, 6km x 6km. But due to the detail and amount of compounds and buildings it will feel larger than what it is when clearing from building to building.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, on Sunday I will be planning a stream of me working on the terrain again. Feel free to stop by, ask any questions or just checkout the progress. The area that I will be working on is the pre-beta release area.

Stream Link: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/BlueDotGamingHD/live

I recently got my new PC and new internet, so my stream will be 720p @ 3200 Bitrate, so quality and stream smoothness should be great!

New PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i V2

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue

SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

Case: Tesseract Deep Cool Mid Tower

Internet Upload: 6mbps

• Like 4

Sorry guys, had to cancel the stream. I had to re-download somethings. I have plans to stream on Thursday (9/29/16).

• Like 1

Hello everyone, stream will be starting in 10 minutes from now! The stream is currently live with a countdown, so feel free to start joining!

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/BlueDotGamingHD/live

This stream I will be working on completing more compounds and probably start the decoration of them as well. We will see how much time we have to stream tonight!

See you there!  :D

UPDATE: Stream is now finished. If you missed the stream, don't worry, I archive all of my live streams.

Video: 

• Like 4

very nice object placement. i love how there is a lot of clutter on those open fields. and all those small terrain details and bumps are great too. this is going to be awesome to play on. i can already tell. oh wow. already playable. i'll be damned!

Bad news... again... For some reason, everything I terraformed went back to being flat except for the hill/mountain on the bottom right of the terrain. This is the 3rd time, the tools have failed on my system with some sort of game breaking experience. This is the most depressing moment of my terrain building experience, all of the objects are still in place but the rivers, the terrain land detail is all gone back to default of when I first started this project. This is 100% my favorite terrain I was most proud of. I hate investing all this time in these terrain to only make it half way then a failure happens, it is really frustrating and annoying. I want to help bring new detailed terrains to the community but things like this happen, where it reverts me weeks and even multiple months back. The MOST angering and depressing part is the pre-beta release was literally just a week away and again, this happens!

I don't know guys. I want to still deliver, I don't want to drop another project away from the community. Again the objects are still placed and I can still edit the terrain, so this may not be the end of the terrain. I plan to continue for the community and the followers of this terrain. Updates will be posted and a release may be here soon with just some basic terraforming done such as the rivers and other main features, the fields and open areas will be just be flat... some with a few rocks and bushes.

Thank you guys for any support, and updates will come soon.

• Like 1

Obvious question I'm sure you looked into it but do you have a backup or a trusted friend that's followed the development that may have a slightly older file you can use handy?

Granted I know nothing about terrain building so my apologies if that's a stupid suggestion on my end.

Sorry that keeps happening to you. I heard somewhere there was a discord where terrain builders hang out. Maybe you can reach out to those guys that are intimate with the tools for a suggestion to save what you lost?

• Like 1

Roll-back; one of the most feared words in software development.

Courage brother.

When it becomes too much, take a break.

Then you can return with fresh ideas.

it helps avoiding burn-out.

It's a labour of love, not a merciless obligation.

• Like 2