Drifter

ArmA 3 Memory Crash on Newest Patch. (4/28/16)

Hi, apologize for using this space, but I have a similar problem and I think it is not necessary to open a new thread.

I have a serious issue playing Arma 3; this happens to me after the massive Apex update; when I playing, my game just freeze randomly ( sometimes after just begun, at other times after a long gaming session). The image is frozen on the screen monitor like a screenshot; perhaps, seconds before the crash occurs, I notice some stuttering. No pop-up/crashdumps appears explaining the issue.

That's it, my CPU just freeze, and nothing can resolve this except a HARD RESET; no Ctrl+Alt+Del, no Windows command key or anything else works. Curiously the hard risk don't run. This happens to me on the Altis map and i don't remember that it happen me on Tanoa map, because I played very few there.

Thx in advance.

Hi, apologize for using this space, but I have a similar problem and I think it is not necessary to open a new thread.

I have a serious issue playing Arma 3; this happens to me after the massive Apex update; when I playing, my game just freeze randomly ( sometimes after just begun, at other times after a long gaming session). The image is frozen on the screen monitor like a screenshot; perhaps, seconds before the crash occurs, I notice some stuttering. No pop-up/crashdumps appears explaining the issue.

That's it, my CPU just freeze, and nothing can resolve this except a HARD RESET; no Ctrl+Alt+Del, no Windows command key or anything else works. Curiously the hard risk don't run. This happens to me on the Altis map and i don't remember that it happen me on Tanoa map, because I played very few there.

Thx in advance.

If your hdd stops running, I would do a test on it. Sounds like a faulty hdd.

I am 100% sure this error is a Exile-problem. Just check Exile forum. 

I have the same issues, but Vanilla runs perfect. All exile-servers, fps drops to 2-3, then I get the memory error or my game crashes to black screen.

Another issue I have, still only on exile servers, viewing distance seems like its conflicting with server settings. 

I can play for a while, then terrain in the distance starts popping on and off. 

This causes major fps-drops ofc. I usually run all settings on ultra/high with 8xaa and ultra fxaa. 

Whenever this issue occurs, fps drops to around 20, when im usually getting around 60. 

It's not an exile problem.  I experience this and I've never played exile.  I did experience this on a server running CUP, but I also experienced this crash in the Apex campaign on the second mission.  As soon as I sit on the ATV, my game crashes.  I have 8 gb of ram.  I'm going to have to wait for the issue to be solved.  It's impossible to do anything as it is right now.

Hey Guys  

There u can see the video, iam so confused, i dont know what to do.

Thinks i allready did

• Reinstall Windows
  • Reinstall Drivers
  • Reinstall Arma 3 and all Mods and without mods
  • Changed SSD´S
  • Uninstalled Avast - Buyd Bitdefender
  • Changed Parameters - And wtihout Parameters.

I dont know anything else which i can do more to prevent this from happening, if u have any soulutions please help !

Well guys, i have noticed something weird regarding this issue, its only circumstantial evidence but very circumstantial and it's very interesting.

Me and my friends play on a server. One guy does not get crashes, but me and another guy gets them to the point that, well lets say..... It's getting a little bit apocalyptic.

They guy who did not get any crashes goes away for one week, and me and my friend who crashed all the time not get 1 Memory crash for the whole time he was gone and i played like 10 hours a day during this period of time.

Yesterday he returns and as soon as he joined the server i started crashing and i'm still trying to join him on the server as i'm writing this.

If i join another server i get in no problem, when he follows me the crash is 15 minutes away and once i crash i cant get into the server he is in.

This happens even if we play co-op single player on Apex.

I have tried playing co-op with my other friends no problem what so ever.

Do some clients differ in any sort of way? Is it compatibility issues? I have no idea at this point.

There is probably nothing to this but, what do you make of this guys?

Its happening far far to many times to overlook.

I am still having the application error message regarding memory when trying to launch into a server.

I see that some here are having this issue as well. Any new info on this issue. 

Hello
I'm having this problem, too. It looks same like Chevy90's video:

I'm playing like 2 - 3 hours on any milsim server, everything is fine, 28 FPS stable (more less :) ) and then, suddenly, fps drop to 1 - 5 FPS, graphics details will instantly get lowered (it looks like 15 years old game), ballistic carriers will fly under soldiers, etc.... After pressing Esc button, game freezes and then appears  error (something like: "The instructions at 0x ....[numbers and letters] .... referenced memory at ... [numbers and letters] .... The memory could not be read.").

I will try to make screenshot of that error message after next game crash.

I've noticed that FPS drop comes after spawning new units (new task appears on map, reinforcements, ...). I've tried lowering graphics details and distance and it didn't help (lowered to Low, to Normal, to High, nothing has changed).

I'm not sure, but I think that same error has been occurring to me in ArmA II OA when playing MP on Ultra details, lowering to High solved this problem (I was playing at same device, no change).

My Hardware:
CPU: Intel i7-471MQ (~2.5 GHz, auto-overclocking at ~ 3.2 GHz, 4 cores)

GPU: nVidia GTX970M
RAM: 24 GB

HDD: 1 TB (currently 120Gb of free space)

Cooling is fine, temperature after fps drop ~ 60°C
When playing SP, graphics details are set on Ultra and no problem, in MP I'm playing at High details (distance set to 2km on foot, 3km in vehicle, 5 - 12km airborne).
Mods:
CBA, ACE, CUP, TFAR, RHS, Blastcore, JSRS and some more (25 mods total)

Hello

I'm having this problem, too. It looks same like Chevy90's video:

I'm playing like 2 - 3 hours on any milsim server, everything is fine, 28 FPS stable (more less :) ) and then, suddenly, fps drop to 1 - 5 FPS, graphics details will instantly get lowered (it looks like 15 years old game), ballistic carriers will fly under soldiers, etc.... After pressing Esc button, game freezes and then appears  error (something like: "The instructions at 0x ....[numbers and letters] .... referenced memory at ... [numbers and letters] .... The memory could not be read.").

I will try to make screenshot of that error message after next game crash.

I've noticed that FPS drop comes after spawning new units (new task appears on map, reinforcements, ...). I've tried lowering graphics details and distance and it didn't help (lowered to Low, to Normal, to High, nothing has changed).

I'm not sure, but I think that same error has been occurring to me in ArmA II OA when playing MP on Ultra details, lowering to High solved this problem (I was playing at same device, no change).

My Hardware:

CPU: Intel i7-471MQ (~2.5 GHz, auto-overclocking at ~ 3.2 GHz, 4 cores)

GPU: nVidia GTX970M

RAM: 24 GB

HDD: 1 TB (currently 120Gb of free space)

Cooling is fine, temperature after fps drop ~ 60°C

When playing SP, graphics details are set on Ultra and no problem, in MP I'm playing at High details (distance set to 2km on foot, 3km in vehicle, 5 - 12km airborne).

Mods:

CBA, ACE, CUP, TFAR, RHS, Blastcore, JSRS and some more (25 mods total)

holy... 25 mods running :P... dude,

arma3 is not like skyrim where you can run a ton of additional mods

First of all mistakes with memory have to be solved in pure Arma3. There is no sense something to look for in other cases of manifestation of problems.

Any update on a fix for this... I feel like it's an independent bug/problem ghen the 2fps drop issue, because sometimes o get the memory crash without the frame drop. Perhaps they are related problems, but definitely independent enough for one to happen without the other.

Has there been a viable solution for the memory read/write crashing? Back in 1.64 I managed to reduce the number of said crashes to 1 in 2-3h. I recently got back to the game, and no matter which 1.66 profiling build that I try, the game randomly crashes within 5 - 40min of joining a server. I play Exile mostly.

So still no fix for this. I get this error at start of game after playing for a month without any issue. I cannot start the game. again it ran fine for a month or so not issues or changes since install, whatever server it logged me into. I was running a SP campaign, saved & exited for night went to continue next day, wham, right at startup. what was the point of buying the game If I can't play it, I want a refund or a fix. here are the files;

zPZqQxo.jpg

xuwXxBR.jpg

PUXU2Hm.jpg

I'm going to attach the dump files right now.

I have shared them on google drive (bidmp + mdmp + rpt)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_3mcUymI1ifYm1UdFpxc0tFX2s?usp=sharing 

Edited by piratefilmco
added data