mostly

Make AI target my attack dog

I've managed to create an attack dog. He follows me around (although he's not part of the team), travels in my vehicles, obeys commands and is lethal to enemy soldiers. Everything is working well but I can't get the enemy AI to see my dog as a threat, so he just runs amok and kill all the enemy soldiers without them trying to stop him.

I want the enemy AI to shoot at the dog as if he were one of my team members.

So far I've tried the following but haven't had any success:

1. Changed the side in the mission file from Ambient life to West.
  2. Added EAST setfriend [AMBIENT LIFE, 0].
  3. Tried to attach a laser target to the dog, although I'm not sure if I've done this correctly.
  4. Dog Addrating -4000,

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Why would you want anyone to shoot your dog?Other than that I don't think its possible in A3...yet.I know it worked in A2/OA via script.

I think it's because you configed the dog based of ambient life. May need to be configed off of some type of man class instead. That would be my initial guess, but I'm not an expert at configs

I think it's because you configed the dog based of ambient life. May need to be configed off of some type of man class instead. That would be my initial guess, but I'm not an expert at configs

That makes sense to me.The same way the raptor mod worked-it is basically a man  in a dog suit.

I tried using createunit/agent and neither worked, an old trick was to use the invisible uav pilot but even that option no longer works unless the pilot is in the vehicle.

I asked many times why BIS won't supply a few invisible targets that can be attached to objects without ever getting a response, they were included in the early beta but removed on release of the game.

I have no idea why they make it so hard to actually shoot things that  aren't seen a threat.

I tried using createunit/agent and neither worked, an old trick was to use the invisible uav pilot but even that option no longer works unless the pilot is in the vehicle.

I asked many times why BIS won't supply a few invisible targets that can be attached to objects without ever getting a response, they were included in the early beta but removed on release of the game.

I have no idea why they make it so hard to actually shoot things that  aren't seen a threat.

Perhaps if we get more vocal about this issue (a separate thread to discuss it?), BIS will respond. Sooner or later. Either way, you know, they've got their own priorities and don't want the devs to be overworked...