I've noticed the wiki is a mess, links linking to unrelated pages, it is so bad it's almost Swiss cheese.
Things severely need organizing. Not cross linking ArmA 2 with ArmA 3 etc, Operation flashpoint. etc

1. Suggest your perfect structure.

2. Who will implement it?

3. When will it be ready? / How much downtime will transition produce?

4. Will it be suitable for the community?

1. Download the free wiki cms used by everyone.

2. Fill it as you think you must fill it.

3. Give the link here

4. Enjoy Feedback

"Perfect" no. Related architecture yes.

ArmA 2 really only referred to in footnotes.

ArmA 3 related content, should be improved, Introduction to Scripting page should have ArmA 3 Scripting Commands reference added to it's main body.
Directory references like this are just down right screwy

I mean setRain yes is command group environment, but one adjusts the environment "rain" gets the value. It's not mission information it's environment information generated by the game itself. Not the mission.
But okay rain and set rain could happily be catagorised together. but setAmmoCargo, no thats completely different to setRain

Command Group Environment:
rain
fog
overcast
waves
etc. All environmental values, but shouldn't refer back to setAmmoCargo?

Well, that will never happen, except BIS employs someone who takes care of the wiki fulltime.

I'd already be happy if we could get a better search functionality and a text editor like here in the forums to add notes etc.

Nothing stopping you create an account and helping to tidy it up

Directory references like this are just down right screwy

So you copied the links BIKI shows you under command title, which is actually your viewing history, so that you can complain how messy it is? You like to criticise things you don't understand, don't you?

• Like 2

Nothing stopping you create an account and helping to tidy it up

You mean to tell me there's free registration on BIKI? I could only find "Log in" link there.

Meanwhile, I scanned Category: Scripting Commands page and found these commands present on this page, but not present in Category: Introduced with Arma 3 version 1.56:

There's also setObjectMaterialGlobal command page missing from Category: Introduced with Arma 3 version 1.54

UPD: I scanned all commands for their presence in respective categories and they all seemed to be ok, except for the gearSlotAmmoCount command which has unknown version.

It is right there, look carefully

Nope, sir. Still can't see it.

I retrieved the list automatically and then checked manually, there shouldn't be error.

Rechecked this specific command again. It is absent. What do I do wrong?

Nope, sir. Still can't see it.

I retrieved the list automatically and then checked manually, there shouldn't be error.

Rechecked this specific command again. It is absent. What do I do wrong?

rAMjxPt.jpg

Arma 2 information carries over into Arma 3, as OFP information carried over to Arma 2. Information that applied to previous games is (mostly) still relevant to future games. BIS doesn't seem to want to clean things up, so it allows for greater backwards-compatibility. This is why getDammage, setDammage, and the "Dammaged" event handler still exist at all

• Like 1

Is it by any chance hidden from non-logged-in users or something? Tried other browser, cleaning cache and stuff... nothing helps. For me it shows 20 links in this category.

FaaMOJg.png

Is it by any chance hidden from non-logged-in users or something? Tried other browser, cleaning cache and stuff... nothing helps. For me it shows 20 links in this category.

FaaMOJg.png

Could be a bug with wiki software. If you click on what links there, the missing page exists in links.

To ensure clean data etc. Rechecking
1. Dynamic IP re-assigned (All routers restarted)
2. ipconfig /flushdns
3. Purge Browser cache
4. Re purge cache.

Goto following address
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setRain

Directory structure remains the same:
History wouldn't be recorded, all cookies and other cross-site data was erased to ensure clean check.
Remain exactly the same.

Additionally:
remoteExec > BIS fnc MP > Category:Arma 3: Functions
Should route back to. At the top header where Scripting Commands by Functionality optimises access to the data much easier.Has alreaady been done nvm.

(I also noticed a while ago some commands were not present in each functionality catagory. Can't remember which ones.

Is missing links to remoteExec and remoteExecCall  and their respective sub-catagories. (Definitely missing)

Makes more sense does it not?

Could be a bug with wiki software. If you click on what links there, the missing page exists in links.

Same here I can not see the "create account either"

Otherwise I'd be happy to fix it.

Ah I know what might be going on. I'm a public user, I'm not logged in.

Even so I did clear my browsers cache etc.

So the chance for cookie references is gone.

But remoteExec & remoteExecCall are definitely missing from the multiplayer sub-catagory.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Scripting_Commands_by_Functionality

Category:Command Group: Multiplayer > remoteExec
Category:Command Group: Multiplayer > remoteExecCall

All recent changes probably should also report to

I think we can definitely agree the wiki has some holes?