pinaz93

Eurofighter Typhoon AWS

Pinaz just FYI, I am working on improvements to the base texture myself.  I'm updating the NOHQ layer so that the seam lines are thinner, and that stretched area on the sides of the fuselage are fixed as well.  Going slow due to Real Life... we should probably sync up our projects when I get that nailed down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

Pinaz just FYI, I am working on improvements to the base texture myself.  I'm updating the NOHQ layer so that the seam lines are thinner, and that stretched area on the sides of the fuselage are fixed as well.  Going slow due to Real Life... we should probably sync up our projects when I get that nailed down.

Of course let me know when you have updates! I will also improve again the cockpit in the near future so I will send it to you!

• Like 3

Hi Pinaz, another suggestion here. Is it possible to make gbu-16 from Firewill available on your Typhoon? As of I'm right, the British and German use the gbu16(1000lb bomb) and the enhanced variant, the gbu48 on their aircrafts. I don't know about other air forces though.

For the US force, only Navy love to use gbu-16 1000lb, I'm not sure USAF use that, haven't aware of it. I think that's why Firewill make it only available on his FA-18f, fa-18 hornet, and other US Navy planes. You can find gbu-16 on those aircrafts of Firewill. If possible, you should make it available on both of your Typhoon and Tornado.

Total of six GBU-16s can be carry along the EF Typhoon wing (if you emptied the belly of long/medium range aa missiles), plus two short range AA missiles.

I'm not exactly sure about Tornado other than i know Tornado's front row belly pylon can accommodate up to 2000lb bomb like gbu-24! So imagine Litening at one side and gbu-24 on another :). I'm not entirely sure of it's wing pylons though, they're technically different with each nations, both avionic and munition wise.

No.

While there are hardpoints to carry that many, the only time you'll see this on a real plane is during a demo.  Real Life loadouts must be balanced with fuel, which means the standard 4x LGB loadout + fuel tanks is "THE" standard.  One cannot simply start bolting more bombs to a plane.

surface-weapons.png

8 hours ago, hcpookie said:

No.

While there are hardpoints to carry that many, the only time you'll see this on a real plane is during a demo.  Real Life loadouts must be balanced with fuel, which means the standard 4x LGB loadout + fuel tanks is "THE" standard.  One cannot simply start bolting more bombs to a plane.

surface-weapons.png

Totally agree. I just stated the possible loads that Typhoon is capable which i saw on certain article, i think it is like how Russians advertise their jets lol

Yes, the image you posted is the most common loadout we see in real-life, usually without long range AA, but those can be slapped. Afterall the wars in last couple decades for Britishs were all "go bomb and return" mission, on enemies that aren't have much challenging air forces. We rarely have interception or got intercepted by for so long. I think maybe that why we rarely see jets slapped up with loads of AA missiles these days.?

Anyway, you two working together for single typhoon mod huh? That would be great bud. Also, can i be able to slap that fuel tank up in the second pylon from fuselage in pinaz's one, like in the image you posted? Also will you guys included Firewill's gbu-16, or your gbu-48 in Pinaz's typhoon?

Thanks very much for all your work pookie! I'm the good fan of yours 😁

Waiting for the ability to slap the fuel tanks in second pylon like pookie one.

You two working on this together? Then can you guys please update the fuel tank placement first before doing something big?

Tornado is flawless now, so will you do the fuel tank this time? 

There aren't any deadlines to meet any requests - Real Life takes precedence.

Hi there, I've been playing around with the Storm Shadow on the Typhoon and it only seems to be able to travel about 10km before blowing up, reason I query here is that from what research I've done the Storm Shadow isn't part of 'FIR AWS(AirWeaponSystem)' so I assume it's part of the Typhoon mod itself.

Is it something I'm doing wrong with the Storm Shadow or is it designed that way? As with the AGM-84H SLAM-ER from 'FIR AWS(AirWeaponSystem)' I can hit targets 40km out.

Any help appreciated.

Yes it is part of the original mod and can be discussed here:

I haven't seen the behavior you describe; I have tested it out to about 120km.  It is entirely possible that recent game changes have nerfed the behavior.  I'll have to look into it.

I haven't seen that behavior

• Like 1

Hi all, 

I am considering using this aircraft in my new unit, however, I want to know if it is still being updated with better textures and that sort of thing?

Any help gratefully appreciated