Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Ok thank you and Leon I know but I have a very very limited data plan (best one where I live but it still sucks) so my choice is limited to a laptop. Also would settings would you say I would be able to run it on.

Dunno, you could probably get away with quite a bit, depends on what missions you're running and what fps you think is acceptable.

Intel® Core i7-3960X Extreme

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME

Corsair Dominator GT1866MHz 32GB

Gainward GTX 690

2 x Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 240GB

Seagate Barracuda® 2TB

Corsair AX 1200W

2 x BenQ 24" LED XL2420T

W7 64 Ultimate

Can this run everything on highest with good fps?

i play with ultra settings everything maxed out 9000 viewdistance in 800x600 resolution and it looks so little different to my 1600x900 reso. framerate is 40 - 60.

if you own a notebook with an amd 6750m, 6770m or 6850m gpu it´s the way you can play everything maxed out....

tested on macbook pro and alienware m17x

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon9 HD Graphics 1.90GHz

RAM: 4GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G

Can I run this, guys?

He has an APU which is CPU + GPU. I have an APU in my laptop. It's a 1,5Ghz budget laptop that runs ArmA2 at reasonable framerates with low settings. You (HuntMan7) have a 1,5Ghz with boost to 2,4 ... if it even runs at all it will be a struggle I think :(

You could wait for the demo which will probably be released just before the game launches later in the year and see how it goes.

@ Leon86: Thanks!

Does anyone see any major flaws with the system I have in mind?

. Hhhhhhn

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

K thanks I am getting a new comp for my bday in August 31 so if it comes out later I will be able to run it

Hi all do you think doubling my ram from 8 to 16 would see any improvement.

Windows 7 64bit

I5 2500 3.3ghz

GTX580

8 gb ddr3

Velociraptor 300 gb and 120 gb

Thermaltake level 10 gt

Powercooler 650w

Hi all do you think doubling my ram from 8 to 16 would see any improvement.

Windows 7 64bit

I5 2500 3.3ghz

GTX580

8 gb ddr3

Velociraptor 300 gb and 120 gb

Thermaltake level 10 gt

Powercooler 650w

nope..because its hardcoded -> 2047 mb-max :-/

I want to setup a new rig and want to hear Your suggestions - should i go with 6 core intel CPU or 4 cores are more than enough? It seems that people have problems with 680's and SLI/CF, maybe it's better to go with 660 or 560Ti?

Hi, im also looking to upgrade my pc my actual rig is the next:

i5 2500k @ 3.6ghz

Corsair H80

Asus p8p96 Evo b3

8gb Corsair vengeance @ 1600

MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II

Corsair AX750

Playing in a 27" Monitor @ 1920x1080 60hz

I was thinking about buying a new graphic card, dont know if a 670 or a 7970. Also thought of change de i5 for a i7 3570k or 3770k, but dont know if the improvemente will be a lot for the price of them, also thinking if i make some Overclock, maybe to 4.2ghz i can get better performance than buying a new i7.

Now arma2 is playable, but arma3 in multiplayer i have a horrible performance :(

What do you think?

Edited by DimasL

Hi, im also looking to upgrade my pc my actual rig is the next:

i5 2500k @ 3.6ghz

Corsair H80

Asus p8p96 Evo b3

8gb Corsair vengeance @ 1600

MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II

Corsair AX750

Playing in a 27" Monitor @ 1920x1080 60hz

I was thinking about buying a new graphic card, dont know if a 670 or a 7970. Also thought of change de i5 for a i7 3570k or 3770k, but dont know if the improvemente will be a lot for the price of them, also thinking if i make some Overclock, maybe to 4.2ghz i can get better performance than buying a new i7.

Now arma2 is playable, but arma3 in multiplayer i have a horrible performance :(

What do you think?

I have similar system to you and a GTX 570. I overclocked my CPU to 4.2 and now I have good FPS.

I will not make any upgrades to my system. I believe that the final version will better optimized and with better FPS.

The i5 2500k is a wonderful CPU will great overclocking potential.

The only upgrade I might consider is a SSD when the final version is released.

IB's are too heaty when overclocked and 3930K is much more pricey and power-hungry (ofc it doesn't use the full 130W all the time)

Would an I5-2500 upgraded to a

I7-3770k make much difference

nope, not even 10% probably. better off overclocking the 2500 a bit, if you have a P67, z68, z75 or z77 motherboard you can overclock to 100*(turbomultiplier+4) Mhz.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

IB's are too heaty when overclocked and 3930K is much more pricey and power-hungry (ofc it doesn't use the full 130W all the time)

and a 3930K is slower than a 3570K in arma, so it's pretty pointless for this game and most other games.

and a 3930K is slower than a 3570K in arma, so it's pretty pointless for this game and most other games.

In ArmA II sure but im not sure about ArmA 3

In ArmA II sure but im not sure about ArmA 3

Arma3 alpha is just like arma2. uses a quadcore about 50-60% when there's a lot going on. I'd recommend dualcores if there were any fast overclockable ones to recommend.

I'd recommend dualcores if there were any fast overclockable ones to recommend.

Yah, and no one would take your advice ;)

Here's why:

In the first graph (A map with no players, we see that the 2600K keeps up with the 3930K)

http://gamegpu.ru/images/stories/Test_GPU/Action/Battlefield%203%20Armored%20Kill/test/b3%20ac%20proz%202.png

In this graph, where 64 players have been added, we see that the 3930K basically stays where it was and the 2600K drops (clearly showing the advantages of 6 cores in Frostbite 2)

http://gamegpu.ru/images/stories/Test_GPU/Action/Battlefield%203%20Armored%20Kill/test/b3%20ac%20proz%2064%202.png

Not that it's so important but keep in mind that the 2600K (and the 3570K) is clocked 200Mhz higher than the 3930K.

Not to mention the Physics enabled 3DMark scores where it is almost twice as fast as a 3570K:

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-3930K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K#performance

Edited by BangTail

Hey, i'm right in between the decision will i buy arma 3 or not.

Game looks awesome and i'm worried i can't run the game properly with Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Lite. All other parts meet recommendations though.

Can anybody tell how my computer would run it? What the game looks like with lowest settings?

Thanks.

/K120

@bangtail

unfortunately arma doesnt scale as well with cores as battlefield, besides, the i3 still gets 54 fps minimum in bf3, perfectly playable, if it was 4Ghz and overclockable it'd be perfect for arma, and still fine for other games.

and a 5770 should be ok for this game, it's mostly heavy on the cpu, what cpu do you have?

and a 5770 should be ok for this game, it's mostly heavy on the cpu, what cpu do you have?

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

So i should be able to run in decent fps with lowest settings? :confused:

Hey, i'm right in between the decision will i buy arma 3 or not.

Game looks awesome and i'm worried i can't run the game properly with Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Lite. All other parts meet recommendations though.

Can anybody tell how my computer would run it? What the game looks like with lowest settings?

Thanks.

/K120

I'm currently using an HD 5770 and I can run it smoothly on mostly 'standard' settings, a couple on high, with a view distance of 2.5km. It looks very nice

Edited by skulldragon
Typo

Ok, thank you very much. :)

Going to buy it right away then.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965

Motherboard - Gigabyte AMD 760G

Video Card - XFX Radeon HD 6670

RAM - Corsair XMS3 4 GB

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500 GB

Power Supply - Cooler Master eXtreme 500W

Optical Drive – Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X

can i run it?

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965

Video Card - XFX Radeon HD 6670

Cpu isn't that fast, gpu quite slow, well, better than the other way round. It should run reasonably if you turn down settings enough.

If you want to be sure wait till the 14th, there will be a lot of free alpha lite (no mulitplayer) invites available.