Sign in to follow this  
Jester983

What goes through your mind

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 24 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">k then ....

during my first trip down in bosnia , during a patrol with some other guys , we were walking in some kind of pine forrest , we were searching for possible mortar teams , after half an hour , we fall on a bunch of brits who were doing the same , we continue our road together .... we meet some dutch who were also seeking for mortars .... we continue our road .... we find some germans who were also seeking for mortars ..... we continue ... we had assembled the equivalent of an entire platoon at the end including all nationalities of the local UN forces .. we all continue our road ... what was originally a patrol was now like some kind of touristic visit , one of our local translators made us visiting a few parts of the forrest , including castle ruins and the site of an old airplane crash from WW2 , our group was really noisy ... we wandered around for something like 3 hoursour respective officers were calling every patrol elements from every nationalities , the answer was always the same , we weren't finding anything , we had a small village insight , we knew it was still occuped and that they had an UN checkpoint there , so , we go down the hill and enter in the town , the UN checkpoint personel says us that they've been bombed in the morning not too long before midday , so we go back to the woods after having drunk a little bit , and the patrol then transformed itelf in an hunting party ..... we were running after local animals , firing with a few hunting weapons we had "borrowed" in the village , we did that for like 1 more hour , the evening was falling , we had killed a few boars and rabbits , our respective HQ's were really becoming impatient ..... , we decided to go back , it was around 7 o'clock in the evening ... and guess who we found on the way back confused.gif the enemy mortar team ..... , both of the groups were drunk , so we didn't pay attention to each others , then , a brit noticed what the serbs were carrying , we ask them "gently" to stop by firing a few bursts in the air .... , they "surrender" .... the HQ then asks us to take the mortar with us and to disarm the other guys , we execute ..... , and then suddenly , a belgian (if i remember correctly) starts shouting that the boars are theirs , we answer that they are ours ....   the other national groups start joining the discussion .... 5 minutes after . the wood became a real boxing ring , and while we were fighting , the serbs were gone with the mortars and two of our boars .. the night was falling , it was 8 o'clock , we all of a common d"ecision wanted to chase the bastards who stole us our meat and who took back their mortar .. but our HQ's were really wanting to see us back at the bases to admonest us really hardly because of our bad conduct on the field ..... we all seperated and reformed our respective patrol groups and went back to our bases , the result afaik was punitions such as cleaning the WC during an entire week and doing all the stupid and boring stuff you could do ... the "rear logistic personnel" was on "hollyday" for an entire week smile.gif , and we had to take back the hunting weapons to their respective owners and make public excuses for our bad conduct , we were all like little boys playing outside<span id='postcolor'>

And they tell us "Join the army", there you learn discipline, self-control and following orders" YEAH RIGHT biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 24 2002,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And they tell us "Join the army", there you learn discipline, self-control and following orders" YEAH RIGHT  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it was the end of the winter and we were getting bored ... but it was on of the rare occasions we had to actually have real fun

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 23 2002,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and then suddenly , a belgian (if i remember correctly) starts shouting that the boars are theirs , we answer that they are ours ....   the other national groups start joining the discussion .... 5 minutes after . the wood became a real boxing ring<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe, surprise surprise biggrin.gifwink.gif

yeah yeah smile.gif

actually i don't remember if it was a belgian or a dutch

those things are very tasty if prepared the german way. You should have given them to the germans and let them perpare it. They would have had to wash the dishes and do the preparations while you just enjoy a good meal. I mean with cranberry sauce and dumplings or simply like a Sauerbraten with raisins....mmmmmmmmm! Ca sera delicieuse! smile.gif

lol . still better than the C or K rations smile.gif

We shot alot of Hyenas in Africa. Only way to get spagetti bolognese biggrin.gif

Funny side note. I´ve been with the last german forces (and the first...) in Som, so we packed our things and convoyed them to Moga for over 1 month. Lots of equipment had to be shipped out and the camp mutated more and more to a ghost camp. Also more and more personel was flown out, so we were only 350 peops in the camp at last. What is funny ?

One of the first things they sent to Moga was our kitchen personel and kitchen machines like stoves, and other kitchen machines. So we had to eat EPA (german one man rations) for over 1 and a half months...Unfortunally there was only one type left in the camp. So we had "Bauerntopf" for 1 and a half months. This really sucked and hopefully you can understand now why we ate hyenas biggrin.gif

When deconstructing the tents I found a Campbell soup (and a belgian storm rifle) can one day in the sand. I assume the canadians have left it there. It was delicious !

Kongo was worse, but they had more animals to shoot. We got used to local kitchen very fast. If you dont really care what you eat it can be quite deliciouse.

i remember while in BIHAC when an officer of the 2nd REI lent us a few FR-F2 to kill wandering dogs who where putting the mess around the base

what goes through your mind when you shoot a wandering dog who stole the content of one of your mate's A tent

"GOT IT , GOT THE FUCKER"

Hmm. Dogs. Yes, not my favourite animals.

A couple of times when I had time off in Kosovo I went to Camp Victoria (Swedish base outside of Pristina) because a very good friend of mine was stationed there with SweBat. When I visited we always used to jog in the morning. He was required to have full combat gear when leaving the base so I put it also on out of solidarity when running. One morning in the middle of our run a dog started chasing us. It was not a very big dog but for some reason me and my friend managed to psych each other out so we started running away from it, running like our lifes were at stake. Of course the dog, being a dog took up the chase.

When we almost reached the base we started yelling to each other that why the hell we are running when we are the ones holding the guns and agreed to go to a fire position. We swung around and opened full automatic fire on the poor animal. Fortunately for the dog we missed it since we were running backwards. Unfortunately for us we had almost reached the base and when they heard shots fired they sounded the alarm. I got away without a punishment since I wasn't a part of the unit but a letter of complaint was sent to my CO (who didn't take it seriously at all). My friend got cleaning duties for two weeks.

Damned dog smile.gif

i never missed the dogs i took at target wink.gif

7.62 bullets are deadly ... especially when they hit the animal's head

sounds barbarian but ..... we had to do it , for the security of the base and on a sanitary plan , and it was also a source of fun since we weren't always allowed to go out too far from our hq

i also remember when we once took an old woman in our apc to pass a street full of snipers , she was oh ... maybe 75 or a bit more and she managed to pass that street everyday even when the snipers were firing , she had participed to the local resistance in ww2 and she knew sniper tactics .... and since this day , we were taking her everyday with us in our apc , playing the role of taxi , i've learnt a little bit later that the VAB drivers continued to take her for transport even after we left , that woman was really fantastic , she always wanted to participate to our discussions while we were in the apcand she told us about her war histories , that was so funny to seeall of us wearing battle dresses and automatic weapon listenning to a small older woman looking like an normal older woman that could be an aunt or a grandma talking about firefights and sabotages , she knew a little bit of english ... i'll always remember that woman , she's definitaly got printed in my mind , he was twice older than us , but she was talking aboout her arm facts like we , young soldiers , use to do ......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 24 2002,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He was required to have full combat gear when leaving the base so I put it also on out of solidarity when running.<span id='postcolor'>

This is me in Camp Victoria in Swedish combat gear (how we were dressed and equipped when we ran away from the dog)

swebat.jpg

what's on the barrel of your AK5 ??

/note to self: when ambushing denoir, use CZ 99 instead of Ruger .22, and have a dog chase him. tounge.gif

LOL...man..that was somewhat funny....but you do get psyched when a dog chases you.

as simple as that : i always had an BM92 or a PA on me (even if i wasn't allowed to) , handguns can be usefull , not as loud and as big as an assault rifle .... it's sometimes practical