Sign in to follow this  
fpsnova

Question on unbinarizing particular configuration files

I am looking for a method in which you can unbinarize files of the type hpp, sqm, and ext. I am aware that Mikero's Dos Tools and BinPBO are capable of binarizing those file types before being packed in a mission pbo, however is there a way to reverse the process in which to return the original source?

This is one example of a binarized file, (a3 rsc common):

A3_Common.hpp

G'day,

Obviously, there is no way of 'extracting' something that is already extracted... With .hpp, .sqm, .cpp and .ext files, they are completely different from .sqf and .sqs scripting. These files, known as 'configuration' files, are used to define a variety of stuff, such as: vehicles, dialogs, userActions, sounds, music and maps. Unfortunately, they are not used for scripting, but they can be used as what I have mentioned before. But they can be opened with a text editor, the same way you would do with .sqf and .sqs files.

Hope it helps,

Rawner135

The file types mentioned are not scripts, the title of this thread therefore is misleading.

To convert bin files into readable files use CfgConvert from the Arma 3 Tools.

I am aware that these are configuration files, however I just wanted to know how to decompile these files after they have been converted via a depbo tool. CfgConvert only works for .bin files that will be converted to .cpp, however I want to know how to convert .hpp binarized to source.

ff2f 2a0d 0a09 4172 6dff 4120 3320 4b69
6e67 ff20 6f66 2048 696c 6cfe 1600 436f 

I am aware that these are configuration files, however I just wanted to know how to decompile these files after they have been converted via a depbo tool. CfgConvert only works for .bin files that will be converted to .cpp, however I want to know how to convert .hpp binarized to source.

ff2f 2a0d 0a09 4172 6dff 4120 3320 4b69
6e67 ff20 6f66 2048 696c 6cfe 1600 436f 

Assuming they undergo the same binarization process, maybe rename the file(s) with a .bin extension, run CfgConvert for the file(s), then simply rename the output from cpp back to hpp or whatever. Might work, probably wont, but worth a try.

EDIT: Just tried it for myself, it didn't work.

Oh I figured it out. If you extract a pbo which has been rapified, you can use the EliteNess depbo tool to derapify all the content within the PBO. Thanks for the help :)