Hello fellow ArmA players and comrades,

this is my discussion thread about the modpack I'm putting together in the name of the clan of me and my m8s.
Im planning to create different assets, vehicles, weapons, textures and releasing it to the community, finaly donating it to the great mod-teams out there - if its good enough.
This is my way of saying "Thank you!" to the greatest gaming community out there. This is just for you, the Arma players.

Okay, so what can you expect of this?

This modpack is intended to work just for a special TvT-gameplay mission my clan is constructing right now and during the last months. The mission will be a tactical/strategic MilSim TvT experience, heavily mod dependent and for bigger battles between two teams of players. Though its heavy mod dependancy, there are some assets still needed, so I decided to work on some of these objects. Of course, the content of this mod can be used for anything else (except LIVE-crap).

This is the first time, Im doing stuff for a game, so expect many, many, many stupid questions and cries for help.
(If you think you can help me with this, contact me - PLS!)

As said above, Im thinking about donating the objects in this pack to the great mod teams, or maybe even publish everything open source. This will happen if:

- One object is done and someone is interested in it ( CUP? :) )
- I fail miserably to get this stuff into the game, working
- I quit working on this / quit playing Arma - for whatever reason
- An object is done by one of the great teams already. In this case I will cancel the work on the said object. Why:

1. I feel there is no use in having the same vehicle in 10 different mods. There is still so much stuff we dont have in Arma, I wont waste any time on something thats already
been done by one of the great teams out there.

2. Look at the content of RHS, CUP etc. - could it be any better? I dont think so. So why working on something thats already in there - better!

3. As stated above, our mission does rely on those said mods. When its in one of those, its already in our mission and I wont build it again.

What you CAN'T expect of this:

1. Everything related to AI-support. AI wont play a role in our mission, so I dont care about it. We dont like to play against robots, so pls understand I wont do anything about those. If you want AI-support and are capable of adding it, feel free to contact me :)

2. Stand alones. Never understood what's to say against all-inclusive-packs. HD-space? Connectionspeed? rly...? I like to have few big packs, instead of hundreds of stand alone vehicles.

Pls: Feel free to ask me ANYTHING about this shit. Including release dates, ETAs, status-reports, what I'm planning to do and what else. In addition:
Don't hesitate to tell me whats pure bullshit about the stuff I'm sticking together. I dont find this disrespectful in any way, best thing that could happen is that
this thing improves. Only things I really, really dont wanna hear are phrases which contain: "yadda yadda... FREE TIME!...", "yadda yadda UNPAID!..." and "WHEN ITS DONE!".

So, thank you again to you all - I love the help from the community, the great mods and add ons, and most important: Fighting on the battlefield with you :)

• Like 1

Okay, so at first nothing too special:

The U.S. MIM-104 Patriot Launcher (MIM-104E (PAC-2 GEM+))

2ivmqtd.jpg

Should be quite game-ready, model and textures are okay now, I think - now I've got to figure out how to do the rest ;)
I tried to keep the poly- & texture -resolution as low as possible without letting it look too crappy. The trailer/launcher-texture is at 2048x2048, and the one for the missile-containers is 1024x1024 (think I could reduce that a little) - is that too damn high, or kinda okay? Btw. what would be an adequate polycount for this thing?

So, why another Patriot Launcher? We have the awesome model of SRBKnight's war industry and the outstanding SAM Package by Pook?
I began to think about this thing before SRBKnight showed his first picture after Pooks SAM pack was released. Main reason I started this is the fact that the awesome SAMs of Pook are partially controlled by scripts and AI. I wanted to create some SAM-units which are fully player controlled, without any ai involved. I hope to achieve following features for this one:

1. Will it blend? No, but will it be towable? Definetly yes! I want players to be able to become a complete crew, towing it to its destiny, setting it up and operating it.
Im gonna try to set this up with Leshs towing mod. I have no idea about ACE-towing, will that be the same as Lesh towing?

2. Will it be ACE-compatible? Definetly. Thinking about making ACE mandatory for it.

3. Will it be able to attack beyond visual range? Hopefully yes. I got some information from some fellow modders - but I definetly need help on this. No idea how to achieve this.

4. Will it be compatible to Pooks camo nets? I hope so.

What will be included:
- The trailer with the launcher
- Desert reskin of the vanilla HEMTT towing truck
- Seperate PAC-2 GEM+ container  
I hope ACE rearm will give us the opportunity to change weapon-types in the future. In that case I will add every other Patriot missile.

All of this will come in 3 different color-variations when I got it working: 1. Desert, 2. U.S. Woodland 3. (Vanilla) NATO olive green.

In order to make this thing operational I will add the missing other assets:

1. AN/MPQ-53 radar on trailer
2. AN/MSQ-104 Engagement Control Station (This one can be entered)
3. HEMTT-cargotrailer with crane (transport and rearming)
4. Antenna Mast Group trailer (maybe)
5. HEMTT-trailer with power generators (maybe)

How can you help me?
I definetly need help with the sound. Never done this, maybe laxemann can help out? :D
Need help with acquiring targets beyond visual range (30km+) in combination with the AN/MPQ-53 radar.
...And maybe a shitload of other stuff... as said: Never did something for a game, and now I've got to learn how to get this junk into the game... pray for me.

And whats for the future? Don't know... maybe some russian SAMs, a C-RAM point defense or something completly different...

• Like 7

Wow so quality congrats brother this stuff is really needed :D wish you all best ! cheers !!!!

Keep high-quality textures. Great progress it looks great.

Need help with acquiring targets beyond visual range (30km+) in combination with the AN/MPQ-53 radar.

I dont think its possible, I remember Pook saying that the game engine wont allow for locking past 3 KM 

• Like 1

I dont think its possible, I remember Pook saying that the game engine wont allow for locking past 3 KM

Giving a look at Firewill's planes config I made the SAM vehicle of my mod able to engage planes at more than 8 maybe 9km from it...

Working on this variables in CfgVehicles:

irScanRangeMin = 100;

irScanRangeMax = 45000;

irScanToEyeFactor = 32;

my SAM vehicles can see very far away planes on his radar, than you can work on missiles config to make them able to reach long range targets...

The only limit are the obstacles, you must have a clear line of sight to the target (even if you can't see it becouse of the distance)... For example a montain make all of this not working...

2e16jh5.jpg

2rcad1z.jpg

I don't know if you can see the numbers but in both case (with my SAM vehicle and with firewill's F-15) the target is locked at more than 8km...

Maybe working on this variables you will be able to engage target on a more long range!

• Like 2