Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

Hi, i noticed arma 2 OA had a update today.

after the update. im not able to join any servers, mine included.  

I keep getting session lost the second the games open.  I use bat files to connect to my servers.

Then i decided to try dayzlauncher.  That worked. 

Im wondering what could of changed that the bat file cant launch it properly

Here is my bat file

::===============================================================================================================================================
::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=158.69.23.196
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2302
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk ]
set MODS=@dayz_overwatch;@dayz_epoch;
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================

::===============================================================================================================================================
:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit

Bug:

G36 Variants that have zoomed in optics are bugged. Image below shows what it looks like when looking down the zoomed in optic.

http://imgur.com/7MJ73Ph

From what I'm aware of, nothing about the G36 has been changed. This may be related to change in "CorePatch_ViewFix"

• Like 2

Hi, i noticed arma 2 OA had a update today.

after the update. im not able to join any servers, mine included.  

I keep getting session lost the second the games open.  I use bat files to connect to my servers.

Then i decided to try dayzlauncher.  That worked. 

Im wondering what could of changed that the bat file cant launch it properly

Here is my bat file

::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=158.69.23.196
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2302
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk ]
set MODS=@dayz_overwatch;@dayz_epoch;

:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit

Im also getting this problem with a community launcher

• Like 1

Well, thanks for continue updating the A2/OA.

But, i have to say, now my server dont appear in the online servers anymore..

Regarding launching i found that commandline, calling arma2oa_be gets you to the lobby then instantly get Session Lost but if you join via Steam URL, all is good

ArmA2OA_BE.exe 0 0 -noSplash -noPause -connect=192.223.24.226 -port=2302 "-mod=C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;C:\mods\@DayzOverwatch"
Result: Join lobby then instantly get "Session Lost"

steam://run/33930//-noSplash -noPause -connect=192.223.24.226 -port=2302 "-mod=C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;C:\mods\@DayzOverwatch"
URL encoded: steam://run/33930//-noSplash%20-noPause%20-connect%3D192.223.24.226%20-port%3D2302%20%22-mod%3DG%3A%5CSteamLibrary%5Csteamapps%5Ccommon%5CArma%202%3BExpansion%3BU%3A%5Cmods%5C%40DayzOverwatch%22
Result: Join lobby fine
  • Like 1

Worst update to this game yet.

AS50 (TWS) no longer zeroes

M107 (TWS) no longer zeroes

AS50 sounds like M107

Armored SUV PMC is no longer 5000/20000/2 (Was a good vehicle to set a high price for).

• Like 1

Removing zeroing from a sniper rifle just doesn't sound right...

Will be trying vehemently to restore my game to previous version before the update.

I admit I didn't do a search within the thread. It's really late here... but why did you have to change classnames? It's obvious that it would cause big problems with many mods, and it's not like anyone's going to fix mods that have released their final versions years ago...

Regarding launching i found that commandline, calling arma2oa_be gets you to the lobby then instantly get Session Lost but if you join via Steam URL, all is good

ArmA2OA_BE.exe 0 0 -noSplash -noPause -connect=192.223.24.226 -port=2302 "-mod=C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;C:\mods\@DayzOverwatch"
Result: Join lobby then instantly get "Session Lost"

steam://run/33930//-noSplash -noPause -connect=192.223.24.226 -port=2302 "-mod=C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;C:\mods\@DayzOverwatch"
URL encoded: steam://run/33930//-noSplash%20-noPause%20-connect%3D192.223.24.226%20-port%3D2302%20%22-mod%3DG%3A%5CSteamLibrary%5Csteamapps%5Ccommon%5CArma%202%3BExpansion%3BU%3A%5Cmods%5C%40DayzOverwatch%22
Result: Join lobby fine

Hi maca, thanks for posting this.  I tried a few things, but because your file everything is on the same line, i get a bit confused.  and tbh its the first time i hear of a steam join url.

What would i need to modify in my bat file.  Its a pretty common file used in alot of dayz forums.

In addition to AS50 sounding like an M107 and loss of zeroing,

-- UH-1Y Venom miniguns can no longer be slewed to 12oc, nor to dead aft (no more manual fire strafing). The firing arc is incredibly tiny. The target would need to be right on your beam to be in the gunner's arc.

-- No more manual fire of the miniguns on the UH-60M either.

• Like 1

keep reporting the regressions , the Corepatch team needs the feedback ...

Hi guys!

I'm back on working on CorePatch after a short pause.

We (the CorePatch team) are working on resolving all the regressions you have found on this latest update. Regarding the AS50 that sounds like the M107, it is related to CIT report #71270

Since we don't have a new sound to add to the AS50 rifle we added the same sound of the M107 as workaround. If any of you has a better sound sample feel free to inform me!

If we revert back this change, the AS50 will sound the same as the L115A3.

Hi, there are a few things which are altered in the game which seems a bit of unbalanced. 

The AS50 TWS can't zero anymore, the DMR zeroes to 800m (which is OP), the M14 AIM is full auto which is also OP. 

• Like 2

Hi, there are a few things which are altered in the game which seems a bit of unbalanced. 

The AS50 TWS can't zero anymore, the DMR zeroes to 800m (which is OP), the M14 AIM is full auto which is also OP. 

Hi! Thank you for reporting scredox!

We are aware of the AS50 TWS and all others TWS sniper rifles zeroing problems. We are trying to revert some changes. Thank you!!

The M14 is a full-auto rifle IRL and the DMR can fire up to 800m IRL. BTW I will do som more research on them!

I agree that the nerfs to the miniguns on venom, blackhawk etc need to be reverted, it really breaks gameplay especially on servers where the most powerful air vehicles are helis like blackhawk and venom with disabled rockets..

I've only played a few minutes on overpoch sofar and one thing I noticed is that the HK 417 SD Acog has "Zeroing          189" displayed now.. It can't be changed with zeroing up/down however.. I realize that weapon is a custom overwatch gun, but the issue comes from changes in a parent class and just looks wierd, I mean 189? Maybe look into that..?

Also someone mentioned classnames were changed? For which classes? Doing something like that is going to break EVERYTHING, missions, mods etc that used those classes and is honestly retarted if its true.. Fix!

I also noticed particles aren't rendered anymore on the server by adding some !(isDedicated) checks, although that should honestly be hardcoded in the server executable itself, it's nice that stuff like that is sorted out in SOME way.. :)

I'm really hoping for a hotfix before this weekend is over..

It's nice to see that you're working on fixing things! Now just need to fix the fixes ;)

• Like 1

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SVD/OpticsModes/Ironsights.discreteDistanceInitIndex'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value

In CorePatch_CCP_62628:

class SVD : Rifle
	{
		weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";

class OpticsModes
		{
			class Scope
			{
				discreteDistance[] = {100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000};
				discreteDistanceInitIndex = 2;
			};
			class Ironsights : Scope
			{
				discreteDistance[] = {100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200};
				discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0; // <---- add this
			};
		};
	};

Hello

I am a long time arma2 player with many more hours than I am willing to admit. These changes have really broken a few things. I mainly play the Overpoch mod so I can't speak about any other mods. 

- Full auto m14 aim: It might be more real but this is incredibly overpowered. It has got almost no recoil. Please revert this!!!

- Venom gunner angle: Pretty much every mod I have ever played has got hydras on the venom disabled. They are the yin where the blackhawk is the yang. Eventhough the blackhawk was slightly better, you have just made the venom completely useless. Again, might be more realistic but it breaks the gameplay!

- AS50 sound: There was no need to change this. You could easily distinguish the as50 sound from the lapua sound by listening to the reload sound after the shot. Now it sounds exactly like the m107.

- DMR scope: After all these years... Our trusty sniper that requires some skill to zero and can be used with NVG is now no more. No more NVGs, a scope and zeroing that doesn't feel right. 

These are the only changes that have come to my attention so far, other than those that have already been extensively mentioned before. I have to say good job on the other fixes though!

• Like 1

pzvi, I don't receive these warnings.

I forgot to say about this addons  -mod=@cba_co;@acex;@ace;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy

Just took a drive in my SUV and boy.. Bicycle does twice the speed in the forest now.. 40ish compared to the SUV at 15-20km/h.. This is getting more annoying the more changes I notice.. :( Make the game fun again kkthx, and leave the realism fixes to mods like ACE...

This aint the time to do massive game balance changes, stick to the bugfixes...

• Like 1

Does anybody else notice a problem with addweaponcargoglobal and addmagazinecargoglobal?

Have a Epoch server running and all boxes now dont get filled, but the items lay outside, beside the box.

I tested my script with diag_log to .rpt, but it showed no errors so far.

Thing came up, right after the update of arma2 came out.

Bug:

G36 Variants that have zoomed in optics are bugged. Image below shows what it looks like when looking down the zoomed in optic.

http://imgur.com/7MJ73Ph

From what I'm aware of, nothing about the G36 has been changed. This may be related to change in "CorePatch_ViewFix"

I can confirm this.  G36A (camo) and G36K (camo) both have borked optic view with no reticule.

----

A2 + OA betas have been active for like a year for testing.  It's a shame to see all this sudden outrage and bug reporting when changes are moved to stable branch.  But you can't expect everyone to use those betas, especially those running servers, so I guess this is to be expected to some degree.

I can confirm this.  G36A (camo) and G36K (camo) both have borked optic view with no reticule.

Can confirm this too, but from what I know, anything related to the G36s are all broken. So the MG36 is broken too. [Holo is fine] Anything with a scope is broken whilst the alternate sight is fine.

----

A2 + OA betas have been active for like a year for testing.  It's a shame to see all this sudden outrage and bug reporting when changes are moved to stable branch.  But you can't expect everyone to use those betas, especially those running servers, so I guess this is to be expected to some degree.

The Beta Patch never had half these problems. I run the Beta all the time for OA and I never had issues with the Optics for the G36 Variants nor the helicopters.