waigl

Linux dedicated server: Mission will immediately restart after start

I'm having some problems hosting a dedicated Arma 3 server on linux. I set the server up following this guide: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Instructions_.28Linux_o.2Fs.29

The server used to work like that until several months ago, but when I'm trying to use it again now, I cannot get any missions started. As a player, I can connect, select a mission and press OK, but once the mission finishes loading, I find themselves back in the lobby again. If I keep pressing OK to start the mission, this will continue indefinitely.

The server is running under Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS 32 bit. (I chose the 32 bit version because Arma 3 itself is 32 bit, so I thought this might lead to fewer compatibility problems.)

I originally encountered the problem trying to play a custom mission with a large number of third-party mods, but to debug the problem better, I ran the server without mods and with BI missions only.

This is the server.cfg:

passwordAdmin = "<censored>";
//password = "<censored>";
hostname = "TMSCTI";
maxPlayers = 160;
motd[]= {"Welcome to our TMSCTI server"};

voteThreshold = 1.1;
voteMissionPlayers = 1;
kickduplicate = 0;
logFile = "server_console.log";
persistent = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"};

forceRotorLibSimulation = 1;

disableVoN = 1;

The command line used to start the server was this:

./arma3server -config server.cfg -mod=

The console output from the server can be found here: http://arma-tms.de/screenlog.0

(It's a bit too large to paste here verbatim.)

I've also tried setting up a completely brand new virtual server following the original guide, but this lead to the same problem.

Could someone help me with that?