Sign in to follow this  
h a w a i i a n

Anyone know what Shemagh this is?

I had this stuffed in a folder and I have no idea how or where or who from I obtained it!? Is this an Arma2 or any other Arma game's model? The name on the p3d is SafetyCatch_3.p3d. I want to use this so bad, the same type/kind of shemagh setup I was searching for.

tf86_shemagh_by_dissizithawaii-d99ngup.j

That should be Task Force 86 Navy Seal pack from A2

I had this stuffed in a folder and I have no idea how or where or who from I obtained it!? Is this an Arma2 or any other Arma game's model? The name on the p3d is SafetyCatch_3.p3d. I want to use this so bad, the same type/kind of shemagh setup I was searching for.

I find this somewhat suspicious that you have unpacked p3d content from different addon makers, do you have permission?

• Like 1

I find this somewhat suspicious that you have unpacked p3d content from different addon makers, do you have permission?

LOL "suspicious" ...my ass.  The only content I'm using that's not BI content is DaveGary's helmet with his FULL permission, I have the pm's to prove it. This shemagh I obtained, I just have a case of forgetfulness on where I got it from and "no" I don't have permission...yet, that's why I'm fishing around and asking you twat....

edited: my thread for my addon, https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172680-us-75th-rangers-wip/ which I'm %100 certain you didn't even check before your "suspicions".....lol 

LOL "suspicious" ...my ass.  The only content I'm using that's not BI content is DaveGary's helmet with his FULL permission, I have the pm's to prove it. This shemagh I obtained, I just have a case of forgetfulness on where I got it from and "no" I don't have permission...yet, that's why I'm fishing around and asking you twat....

edited: my thread for my addon, https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172680-us-75th-rangers-wip/ which I'm %100 certain you didn't even check before your "suspicions".....lol 

I was merely asking a simple question, there was no need to over react and insult me. I was asking as because of the following rule:

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

that's why I'm fishing around and asking you twat....

Bit uncalled for don't you think ? R0adki11 does a fantastic job round here and he only questioned if you had permission, same as he would also protect your rights as a creator, I think you owe him an apology.

• Like 1

apologies brother, won't happen again.

Thank you for apologising

• Like 2

As a part-author of the TF86 SEALS/SAS Pack (as well as other TF86 addons, including this private squad-only face pack, of which Safetycatch_3.p3d is a part of), I can certainly say you DO NOT have my permission to be poking around in pbos that were never released publicly and were made as a squad-only addon. Quite how you got a hold of this content is anyone's guess, but I have my suspicions as to who leaked them.

The only content I'm using that's not BI content is DaveGary's helmet

Then how exactly do you have these files, or are you saying they came from DaveGary too?

*sigh gentleman....I made this thread in order to "ask" permission to whom the creator of this content is so that I may have permission to use it LOL, I have no intentions of stealing or using content which I have no permission to use. And no they never came from DaveGary, I think I know where I got it from tho. There was an open thread posted here and there was a discussion about modeling and there was also an open downloadable link which was shared over this thread by whom !? Anyway I'm pretty sure I got it from there, there was the model SafetyCatch_3.p3d but no textures. I'm assuming it was for an individual for reference purposes on modeling a shemagh. Don't ask me what thread this was from because I obtained it in late 2014 when I was away. And if you're wondering ,no I have no idea on how to "un-binarize" models and I never stole a thing in my life, well adult life that is....

edit: if it was an "open" downloadable link on an open thread than it was pretty much open source for anyone to download right? but than you also said it was leaked (so than yes I did "steal" it,but didn't know I stole it) It also did not come with textures/rvmats , just the p3d, and I'm only assuming (if the thread was legit) it was for "reference" purposes only, which I used for "reference" to see how they would look, it's not stealing if you haven't released anything right....right. I'm not into modeling ,so this file is useless to me. And one more thing...you mentioned this asset was modeled for a clan's use, well than I know how that is so I guess I won't be getting a shemagh lol.