Drifter

[Terrain] Southern Waziristan, Pakistan (Release Thread)

how is your map coming along just wondering that's all  

Sorry for the late response, got lost in all the other posts and topic updates. So far its coming along great, I am hoping to get a new update out with a new section of the map complete.

DEV Update

Hey guys, sorry about my long absence of updates on this terrain, I just returned to the ArmA scene after taking a break playing other games and what not. For an update on how the terrain is coming along view my Discussion / WIP thread.

Discussion thread - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182067-southern-waziristan-fata-pakistan-wip/page-3

New release coming soon either within the end of this week or the end of next week.

Expect the entire Western side of the terrain complete with finished compounds, treelines, terrain details (Dried riverbeds), etc. However, I do not have large rock formations placed in the newest treelines yet, I will do all of that near the final version of this terrain.

Again sorry about the slow updates. This will be my last full winter with my family in Southern Alaska before I go to school, I am also big into snowboarding and have been taking a break from gaming on the weekends (Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's).

Pre-release photos and changelog.

Changelog:

- Added roughly 5 new towns.

- Added an FOB south of map, FOB Victory

- Added a few more roads, not too much.

- Added a few footpaths (Only in 1 town for now).

- Added new foliage and tree line types.

- Completed western portion of the map, still some things missing and not 100% complete yet.

- Tweaked the grass clutter, reduce amount of clutter.

- Fixed town names, they now show up.

Imgur photo gallery of the new update.

I advise everyone to view the photos here - http://imgur.com/a/QaMkd

(There are a lot of photos to show...)

• Like 2

Version 1.1 Beta release

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vd0dfunaps9sswl/Waziristan+3.rar

Please report any issues not stated by myself, so they can be fixed in the next version.

Known issues:

- Some roads not smooth, very bumpy

- Some areas not complete.

Changelog:
- Added roughly 5 new towns.
- Added an FOB south of map, FOB Victory
- Added a few more roads, not too much.
- Added a few footpaths (Only in 1 town for now).
- Added new foliage and tree line types.

- Completed western portion of the map, still some things missing and not 100% complete yet.

- Tweaked the grass clutter, reduce amount of clutter.

- Fixed town names, they now show up.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update can't wait for the complete release, man! :P

Great stuff again, did some shooty shooty moments :D

• Like 1

I love the map! It's awesome. 

Are there any plans like a cave and tunnelsystem? 

nice new up date

you did some nice work looks damn good cant wait for the map to be done.

Thanks for the support, I'm glad you like it.

Thanks for the update can't wait for the complete release, man! :P

Thanks for the support. I'm working as hard as I can to get this terrain closer every week to the final release.

Great stuff again, did some shooty shooty moments :D

Thanks again Jeza, love your video work and love what you do on your YouTube channel.

I love the map! It's awesome. 

Are there any plans like a cave and tunnelsystem? 

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Multiple tunnel systems are in the works now, I am working with the JBAD Rocks and vanilla rocks to make custom cave systems with complete furnishing and rooms. Currently experimenting, nothing permanent yet.

Great looking map.  Few issues.  1. The wall walk-thru (guess that isn't fixable yet).  Also, only on this map I've found the Random House Patrol Script v2.2 for Arma 3  doesn't work.  Any guys you place using this nice patrol script do not show up on this map.??

Are you planning more FOB's? The one available now is a bit too small for my plans :) Really love the map <3

Great looking map.  Few issues.  1. The wall walk-thru (guess that isn't fixable yet).  Also, only on this map I've found the Random House Patrol Script v2.2 for Arma 3  doesn't work.  Any guys you place using this nice patrol script do not show up on this map.??

Wall walk-thru? Like AI walking through walls? I don't know why random house patrol script doesn't work, I don't use it. The script probably only works on vanilla buildings, not JBAD_Buildings. I would recommend using something else.

Are you planning more FOB's? The one available now is a bit too small for my plans :) Really love the map <3

I could squeeze in another FOB somewhere if I have enough room.

Wall walk-thru? Like AI walking through walls? I don't know why random house patrol script doesn't work, I don't use it. The script probably only works on vanilla buildings, not JBAD_Buildings. I would recommend using something else.

I could squeeze in another FOB somewhere if I have enough room.

Would be great but don't feel obliged to do it

Huh. So odd. I've used same Random House patrol script on other maps (using JBad).  but on this map. Units placed with such a script don't show up at all.  Like they are somewhere on map but invisible.  Because it's not like they are placed (but aren't following the script). They simply disappear. Odd.

Nevertheless. Beautiful map.   seems UPSMON does work but has some issues with guys finding places to 'fortify". AI doesn't seem to like going into buildings.

really like the layout of this map.  But it seems mainly for PvsP.  the cool small walls look and have great feel to them but are brutal on AI foot soldiers.  The AI just can't seem to handle them. They bottle neck them all to only go certain paths.

really like the layout of this map.  But it seems mainly for PvsP.  the cool small walls look and have great feel to them but are brutal on AI foot soldiers.  The AI just can't seem to handle them. They bottle neck them all to only go certain paths.

The terrain can be used for both PvP and COOP. When I tested on dedicated servers the AI seemed to run fine, of course at some parts they would get a bit confused, like what you said with the low walls, but thats ArmA ai in general.

You can always build your own in the editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drifter you and your team are the best.

Such a beautifull map. Cant wait to see the final version. Same with Wardak Province.

Just awesome :wub:

Keep it up Guys ;)