Sign in to follow this  
shadow

No missions show up on 1.85dedi

I upgraded both my computers to 1.85 plus installed the 1.85 dedi-server on my ofp-hosting-computer.

I can log in as admin but no missions show up.

I have no 3-rd-party addons installed or anything on either machines.

Any suggestions?

I solved it.

Seems the new server did'nt like my missions-class defined in my server-cfg on my server.

When I removed all missions-classes it works.

I might have misconfigured the missions-section earlier (but 1.75dedi have always worked fine).

Something for BIS to comment on?

Can you please post (or PM) your misconfigured (old) version of server.cfg file?

Sorry, I did'nt keep a backup of that file.

If it makes any difference, the server never started automatically the missions in that class-list in the older server-versions (1.46,1.48,1.60 and 1.75). Obviously a miss-config on my behalf.

I have the same problem.

If someone of my clan wants to login as an admin on our clanserver and wants to change the mission (#missions)

there are no maps visible. its impossible to choose a map.

We have not any mapclasses in our server.cfg file.

please try to fix it soon!

Greetings MyersTheShape[AFS]

With this config the server works (linux), but it's not a good solution:

--secure.cfg--

passwordAdmin = "admin pass";

password = "userpass";

motd[]={"Welcome to Lob's Server","based on RedHat Linux 7.3","and PIII 500 MHz with 384 MB RAM","you need Winter Kolgujev 1.2", "and Kegetys Editor Addon 1.11","if you want to play all maps"};

motdInterval=2;

MinBandwidth=768000;

reportingIp="master.gamespy.com";

hostname="[CiA]Lobanak on RedHat 7.3";

maxPlayers = 8;

class Missions

{

};

--end secure.cfg--

But now you don't have missions that rotate. So you need an admin to choose missions.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

On my Win dedicated server 1.85 here's what I do:

I login as admin, enter #missions

If no missions show up, then I #logout and then log back in. Almost every time the missions show back up again.

I think this is because the Whatchamacallit isn't whizbanging the whatzit, or something to that regard. Sorry about the technical jargon. biggrin.gif

Yer.. or maybe a Hull-collision in the internal buffer-crate!.. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Any ways. As you describe Karrillion same thing works for me..

tested it with and without the "class Missions" included in the servers .cfg!..

So still have a mapcycle on our server, BUT I(as admin) still have to use the work-around!. sad.gif

[WKK]-EazyOne

Noticed this problem also, either log-out and retry or swap admins seems to do the trick. Fine if there are non-vote admins around but you know how difficult it is to get people to vote an admin. Especially if you have to re-vote someone who cant see the maps, and the server is full of nOObs who dont know about this little bug ....

The removal of the map entries in the server config seems do do the trick for all servers I've heard of.

Yer we have been foolin around with it the last few hours... same conclusion, but ppl will really have to get used to a "wait for server"-msg. since there are no missions loaded.

ANOTHER thing while at it: Any of you guys tried to make a map after sad.gif

[WKK]-EazyOne

Call this the "#missions Bug"

Same thing on my Windows v1.85 server ... appears to be more and more common, looking at other servers.

If you leave the class mission statement out completely, It gets messy when 2 people join before the 1st has selected a mission .. "hang up" .. Noobs and people that are unaware of the issue cant get anywhere either .. dead ends and frustration.

I tried adjusting the config .. but appears they have #$@%'d this one up good ... still have to use the work around stated above ...

Well here is my config: 5thSFG.OFP.SERVER Config

(didnt seem like anyone wanted to share theirs, hard for Suma/BIS to fix something they cant see.)

Note:

This is nothing compared to no Linux support for v1.46 .. or No VON for v1.75+ sockets ...  no biggie.

*sigh* v2.0 will be solid. *wink*

Gameplanet is experiencing this issue since 1.85

Description: When admin is logged in and uses #missions command, mission selection window is displayed blank, no missions are displayed.

Solution: While mission list is still displayed, admin #logout and then #login, mission list is then displayed.

History:

Automatic Mission cycling was working in 1.75 with the same server.cfg, you can download the GP Server CFG here.

Regards,