Sign in to follow this  
LooneyJuice

Model errors, artifacts, flickering

Hello guys.

Was just brainstorming trying to find a solution to this. I'll get some better material later, the best I have at the moment is this screenshot, due to all my programs not being installed to in order to have some video handy.

bFpoI10l.jpg

After a short while of playing, I start getting hangar textures flickering on and off f.ex, therefore appearing transparent as they flicker, same with a multitude of other random buildings and bunkers. I see shadows drawn out and flickering, polygons protruding out of infantry models and different structures, without any crashes or detriment to performance oddly. I recall similar stuff like this happening with ARMA 2 once upon a time when the memory setting was set to default, but I'm running stock settings now regarding memory allocation. I must stress that it was fine under Windows 7, and the issue started appearing upon switching to W10, could of course be pure coincidence. Same hardware though, which is as follows:

CPU: i5 3750k @ 4.0GHz

GPU: Sapphire HD7850 OC + Gigabyte HD7850 OC (Both matched clocks)

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis @ 1600mhz

Game Drive: 1TB WD HDD

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CAT 15.7.1 drivers about 4 times since this has started appearing, reinstalled the DirectX redistributable that came with the game to no avail. All the model errors start appearing randomly after playing for a little while, and it's completely fine before that.

Thanks to anyone who takes any time to go through this, thanks in advance for any ideas or pointers as to what this may be.

I guess it's because of Win10 , dunno if BIS will manage to fix that and if so then when

personally i wouldn't recommend using Win10

afaik, WIN10 is not fully supported atm, by most software out there, bar Microsoft's. So upgrading is on your own risk (hence why i will wait at least till early 2016 to upgrade)

Have you tried earlier graphics card drivers for your card? I for one haven't noticed this issue after moving to Windows 10, though i have an Nvidia card.

Thanks for the replies guys. On the count windows 10 not being fully supported yet, I would guess that's the problem, seeing as how W10 has different memory allocation and the like.

Have you tried earlier graphics card drivers for your card? I for one haven't noticed this issue after moving to Windows 10, though i have an Nvidia card.

Unfortunately, 15.7.1 is the only supported W10 driver from AMD as of yet.

...is there an outside chance you could have heat related issues?

http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

And no, temperatures are nominal on everything even at max load, with peak GPU 1 temp being 60-62 deg, peak GPU 2 temp being 55-56 and CPU max load temps being 50-53 on all 4 cores. So even overclocked (especially the gpus), all temps are well below what they ran at stock due to case ventilation, coolers, new thermal compound on CPU, GPUs etc. As a side note, I have tried running on stock clocks, same issues. Thanks again for the input.

Well, at first glance, that appears to have done the trick, although i didn't manage to put any incredibly long sessions in. I'll be on the lookout though. Thanks again RH.