zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Can you tell me is there a possibilty to change max squad size per player. Or where is it in the mission scripts ? now its 10 but want to change it to 20 because we play as a small group with friends. Thanks for replay

Hello,

I have an issue with enemy spawns.

After sometime, there is no spawn of infantry anymore in the enemy sectors. Trucks, armored mobile are here but sometimes they are also without crew manning them.

The issue only occurs after a while, no idea why.

I tried to attack a sector alone and by Zeus units alone, same result. Armored vehicules but no infantry. 

But something strange also, since they are no units I can capture easily base and towers, but cities are never turning. They always stay at hand of the enemy even with strictly 0 units around.

If I restart the server everything returns to normal.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT : Added required info from frontpage

1. Server logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/03fcardlgmwt29u/arma3server_2016-02-22_22-16-53.zip?dl=0
  2. Client logs : -
  3. Headless client log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbr5oia8jlrjskp/arma3server_2016-02-22_22-17-09.rpt?dl=0
  4. Version of the mission : 0.921 on dedicated 1.56
  5. Modifications : None
  6. Mods : CBA_A3 / Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL / RHSAFRF / RHSUSF / asm / HMDs MOD (Metric) / VanSchmoozin - MOHW Camo Pack / Heli;Kart;Mark / TRYK / ATLAS
  7. Screenshots : -
  8. Reproduction steps : -

EDIT 2 : happened again

1. Server logs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddoofvenjhmtgz5/arma3server_2016-02-23_18-36-46.rpt?dl=0
  2. Client logs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/b77k6prwu8vb7hq/Arma%203.zip?dl=0
  3. Headless client log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm3rlu2ao8lb72f/arma3server_2016-02-23_18-37-31.rpt?dl=0
  6. Mods : CBA_A3 / Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL / RHSAFRF / RHSUSF / asm / HMDs MOD (Metric) / VanSchmoozin - MOHW Camo Pack / Heli;Kart;Mark / TRYK / ATLAS

Can you tell me is there a possibilty to change max squad size per player. Or where is it in the mission scripts ? now its 10 but want to change it to 20 because we play as a small group with friends. Thanks for replay

open_build_menu.sqf in scripts\client\build

find:

if ((buildtype == 1) && (count (units group player) >= XX)) then {
_squad_full = true;

Change XX to how many AI you want in your squad.

Anyone got a problem with accessing the Build Squad menu as a commander ? I'm logged as admin, connected into the commander slot and still can't see the last button in the build menu. The last version of the mission is bugged ?

Hi zbug,

many thanks for taking the time to make such a fantastic mission!

I have some questions for you, or anyone who can answer.

First of all, I am a dedicated singleplayer arma type of player. Not interested in MP whatsoever. With that in mind, is the mission playable with me and AI only? or is it going to be one huge headache which is not worth the effort?

Im asking this because so far, I love it, but I find it extremely difficult to create, control and manage the AI in terms of high command. I use mods to create HC units which is a quite cumbersome way to do so and on top of that, when I exit and load the mission, they are not even accesible forcing me to interact with them via the zeus interface reassigning them to me and here we go the same thing all over again. 

So far, I tried loading the missions as singleplayer and multiplayer (through LAN). Singleplayer is messy and disfunctional. MP works ok though I miss the pause and time acceleration. Two simple functions that I almost can't live without :(

After that short intro, here are my main questions:

-Is there going to be a proper High command interface with which you can easily make HC squads etc?

-apart from a High command implementation, do you have additional plans for SP guys like me? 

-May be a silly question but, how do I reset the mission? Meaning that everytime I load it, it starts right where I stopped and having messed some things up, I want to restart to 0. 

If any of the above has already been answered, I'm sorry in advance, but I'm new to these forums and I probably didn't search well enough :(

Thanks for your time!

Question: How do I get a manned AI mortar to fire on a position? I'm in Zeus, give a waypoint to the mortar, change it to a fire mission. Nothing happens.

Question: How do I get a manned AI mortar to fire on a position? I'm in Zeus, give a waypoint to the mortar, change it to a fire mission. Nothing happens.

That's what you do. If that isn't working, it's likely the waypoint is out of firing range. Mortars are pretty short range.

Hello,

I have an issue with enemy spawns.

After sometime, there is no spawn of infantry anymore in the enemy sectors. Trucks, armored mobile are here but sometimes they are also without crew manning them.

The issue only occurs after a while, no idea why.

I tried to attack a sector alone and by Zeus units alone, same result. Armored vehicules but no infantry. 

But something strange also, since they are no units I can capture easily base and towers, but cities are never turning. They always stay at hand of the enemy even with strictly 0 units around.

If I restart the server everything returns to normal.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT : Added required info from frontpage

1. Server logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/03fcardlgmwt29u/arma3server_2016-02-22_22-16-53.zip?dl=0
  2. Client logs : -
  3. Headless client log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbr5oia8jlrjskp/arma3server_2016-02-22_22-17-09.rpt?dl=0

Had the problem but only because if I Headless client Create

Had the problem but only because if I Headless client Create

You mean you had the issue only when using a headless client ?

• Like 1

have the same issues when running a headless client too, turned mine off no issues, only been last few updates that it happens in and very random, hard to reproduce on a server enviroment without having 20+ people to help test. 

I just have taken the time to do a mission restart every few hours to fix it. 

The headless client has stopped working due to 1.56 update;

Here is rep: https://forums.bistu...p/#entry2984680

Vengeance

Headless works fine as long as you use a mission made before the release of Eden.

Its when you publish your mission with the Eden editor that the headless init become broken.

Headless in Liberation works pretty well until that random moment where everything stop working pretty well :(

have the same issues when running a headless client too, turned mine off no issues, only been last few updates that it happens in and very random, hard to reproduce on a server enviroment without having 20+ people to help test. 

I just have taken the time to do a mission restart every few hours to fix it. 

Both of you are running with only one headless client ? Could you try with 3 headless if that's at all possible ?

There's nothing obviously going wrong in the logs you provided, the issue may be related to the large amount of local units running on a single HC instance, large uptime (15+ hours), maybe exceeding the maximum number of groups (I should add that info in the log traces actually), maybe all those elements at once. I'm impressed with the fps you're getting with 350 units on a single HC by the way.

Anyways nothing too specific for now, so rebooting your server once in a while is your best bet.

Sorry I don't have time for a proper follow up at the moment, I didn't even get the chance to try the new editor. Short terms plans involve putting in the little stuff on the backlog, adding at least 2 more kinds of secondary objectives, and giving the commander a way to shutdown the auto-danger behaviour on friendly AIs, since it's now possible (yay)

Both of you are running with only one headless client ? Could you try with 3 headless if that's at all possible ?

There's nothing obviously going wrong in the logs you provided, the issue may be related to the large amount of local units running on a single HC instance, large uptime (15+ hours), maybe exceeding the maximum number of groups (I should add that info in the log traces actually), maybe all those elements at once. I'm impressed with the fps you're getting with 350 units on a single HC by the way.

Anyways nothing too specific for now, so rebooting your server once in a while is your best bet.

Sorry I don't have time for a proper follow up at the moment, I didn't even get the chance to try the new editor. Short terms plans involve putting in the little stuff on the backlog, adding at least 2 more kinds of secondary objectives, and giving the commander a way to shutdown the auto-danger behaviour on friendly AIs, since it's now possible (yay)

Thanks Zbug, i will load up a couple more headless clients and let you know the performance. 

Cant wait for a new version :D 

Ok so ran 3 headless clients today, after about 30mins the mission still locked up and would not allow capping even if we killed everyone in the town. 

Performance wise it was fine, 50fps for all 3 headless and the server itself with 20-25 players on the server. 

Any other ideas? 

Can anyone make an RHS version of this where all units (Friendly/Hostile) are RHS units? Also is it possible to play Liberation on a different map?

Don't know if its any help, but I tried with two HCs, and I noticed that the server has a tanking cps value once the issue occurs.

HCs doesn't seem to be affected.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85sxixncj1m56oh/tanking_cps.JPG?dl=0

Either way those issues suddenly started happening as v1.56 came out, with no release of liberation in the last month, so I'd rather wait for BIS to sort out the new issues rather than spend long hours debugging this problem

Yes as I said 1.56 broke it and others have confirmed. I have run 1 or 3 HC's and same results but if you don't run any HC's it works fine actually with FPS not that bad.

Hope BI will fix it soon.

Thanks for the response ZBug.

• Like 1

I'm having a problem with the current build of the script (0.921). Anytime I try to build an object, (Ex: cars, tanks, helos, FOB) I get the error stating that "X" objects are within "Y" meters of placement. The problem is that it is detecting the indicator spheres that appear around the object to show where the detection is. It's creating its own obstacle, so to speak. I have modified the classnames.sqf to include several vehicles from CUP. However, I am also having this issue with Vanilla vehicles, not just the mod vehicles. IDK how adding some classnames to the above file could cause such an error. Please help me, I love this game mode and would love to be able to play it with modded vehicles. Thank you for your time.

crowmedic - Did you ever sort this one out? We play on a dedicated server and we all run the same mods. My other mates can build away but only I get the same issue you described. I've not modified any sqf. Any help would be appreciated.

crowmedic - Did you ever sort this one out? We play on a dedicated server and we all run the same mods. My other mates can build away but only I get the same issue you described. I've not modified any sqf. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you running any client mods that your friends wouldn't have? There was a very similar issue with that a while ago

As for the original issue, I'd check if GRLIB_ignore_colisions_when_building is still there at the end of classnames.sqf and if it has a correct value

Thanks for the reply zbug. Yes I've narrowed it down to a mod. I unloaded all except for CBA and the issue is gone. I'll reload one at a time to see which it is.

I'll report back my particular finding. Great mission! Looking forward to the next build release.

• Like 1

@zbug can you limit FOB's about config ( 1,2,3 or 4) pleas and do you have a PayPal account