pinaz93

The Italian Division project (Factions mod+)

Sorry if I post a lot of screenshoots (some are unnecessary, I think, like these), but I love to take good screenshoots and share them :)

Today I have made a long flight over Isla Panthera (part of slovenja, where there is one Triveneto base, at Lesce airport) with planes and pilots of the Phantera provisional air group, composed by planes from the 1st and 4th Triveneto Air Force Wings (2 F-35A and 3 F-16C).

F-16s just before to taxy to the runaway

2udz01z.jpg

F-16s taxing and taking off

ehenoz.jpg

6t1icn.jpg

2djt538.jpg

2u4kknm.jpg

Vulpes-3 (the F-16) and Leone-2 (the F-35) flying over the montains

6y1di1.jpg

15foqpt.jpg

Vulpes-1 and Vulpes-3 flying over a city in southern Panthera

mmey5t.jpg

Returning home

20ix4c9.jpg

• Like 3

I love the desert units, the camo reminds me of the old desert uniform a bit, I don't know if you were shooting for that, but a new retake on old camouflages is always nice. 

I love the desert units, the camo reminds me of the old desert uniform a bit, I don't know if you were shooting for that, but a new retake on old camouflages is always nice.

Yes I love old style camouflages too ;)

However how can I make para units more "unique"? Any ideas?

Have you thought about adding maybe some kind of scrim nets or black elastic bands on their helmets, like http://www.kitmonster.co.uk/images/new-og-scrim-LRG.jpgor going back to the old Lebanon style uniform pattern or an off take, that would be neat http://img01.militaryblog.jp/usr/camouniform/italian_army_1980s_uniform.JPG .

I would say if you used Tryk's stuff there are some OD vest  that look like the ones the Italian military used to use, the OD ones like this http://www.keepshooting.com/italian-army-load-bearing-vest.html, it's not an exact copy but it's similiar.

Other than that, you could add a few camo faces, berets, and watch caps to them for variety, definitely will need a nice maroon color beret and a nice flash to go with like a dull pewter style.

Do you have all the weapons/gear/vehicles you wish for planned out for them, theres a few that I would recommend if you can get the permissions, 

hkg3sg1-hlc

MG3-Massi

Beretta m9-massi

AAV-7A1

Tornado

Harrier

Tryk's

Have a look, but theres a few nice ones that i think you would like if you can get the permissions a few uniforms with hoods and non built in knee pads, for a more conventional look.

On a side note, if your interest in talking to the spanish army mod they have a Vamtac and nice beret model.

Have you thought about adding maybe some kind of scrim nets or black elastic bands on their helmets, like http://www.kitmonster.co.uk/images/new-og-scrim-LRG.jpgor going back to the old Lebanon style uniform pattern or an off take, that would be neat http://img01.militaryblog.jp/usr/camouniform/italian_army_1980s_uniform.JPG .

I would say if you used Tryk's stuff there are some OD vest  that look like the ones the Italian military used to use, the OD ones like this http://www.keepshooting.com/italian-army-load-bearing-vest.html, it's not an exact copy but it's similiar.

Other than that, you could add a few camo faces, berets, and watch caps to them for variety, definitely will need a nice maroon color beret and a nice flash to go with like a dull pewter style.

Do you have all the weapons/gear/vehicles you wish for planned out for them, theres a few that I would recommend if you can get the permissions, 

hkg3sg1-hlc

MG3-Massi

Beretta m9-massi

AAV-7A1

Tornado

Harrier

Tryk's

Have a look, but theres a few nice ones that i think you would like if you can get the permissions a few uniforms with hoods and non built in knee pads, for a more conventional look.

On a side note, if your interest in talking to the spanish army mod they have a Vamtac and nice beret model.

-I have the permission from massi to take vehicles and weapons from his pack so ;) 

-I hava lready asked for the harriar to chairborne but he don't give me the permission...

-The only tornado is the BWI but it's really bugged

-I will take a look for the AAV-7

-For the vests I will ask in a secon moment, in the first release I'm going to use the standard A3 vests and equipments ;)

However thank you for the good information and good suggests ;)

I have an another good news, after some time I recived a reply from the author of the Pak-Fa/T-50 and I'm free to use it :D

I remember a suggestion, made by someone, to use it for the southern air force, becouse it's cheaper than the F-35... And I think that it can be a good idea... In your opinion, have I to use it like an modified export version with western weapons? Or simply use the russian weapons?

Nice PAK FA will be great 

I'm also working on Special forces and Reserve/Military Schools/In-Training Troops, here are some screens... Also I have mostly finished the paratroopers...

The weapon for the Reserve/Military schools/In-Training units will be changed in something less modern than the ARX (like a FN FAL or a G3)

33axlcn.jpg

nc1hec.jpg

The special forces have a low-vis flag and insigna, and they are going to have a more accessorized ARX-160

2v0fy8w.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like the Air force will have a nice variety of aircraft, shame about the harrier,"I wouldn't get too discouraged I think there is more than one available" and the tornado , I do like the reserves, too bad there isn't a bm59 or ar70/90 in arma3 yet.

Sounds like the Air force will have a nice variety of aircraft, shame about the harrier,"I wouldn't get too discouraged I think there is more than one available" and the tornado , I do like the reserves, too bad there isn't a bm59 or ar70/90 in arma3 yet.

Is there another harrier mod?

However yes, the ar70/90 fit perfect with the reserve troops but sadly there isn't one... But I think that some "old" G3 can fit good too!

Yes, there's another one as well as another tornado out there http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25898, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28170  if you're able to contact them, you should be set, and I agree a G3 would work fairly well.

Personally i'm more inclined to HLC's G3's, but massi has several nice G3's as well, mainly I like massi's for his mg3 as medium machine gun, on a side note however going back to the unique look for the para's, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26142&highlight=KGB%2BCAMO%2BFACESthat wouldn't be a bad addition for some of them.

Yes, there's another one as well as another tornado out there http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25898, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28170  if you're able to contact them, you should be set, and I agree a G3 would work fairly well.

Personally i'm more inclined to HLC's G3's, but massi has several nice G3's as well, mainly I like massi's for his mg3 as medium machine gun, on a side note however going back to the unique look for the para's, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26142&highlight=KGB%2BCAMO%2BFACESthat wouldn't be a bad addition for some of them.

That Tornado is pretty broken the last time i used it, if you exit the camera from the interior the the plane becomes a flying cockpit 

• Like 1

Hmm I will try to ask for this Harrier!

However that Tornado is the one that I was speaking about in the previous message ;)

Ahh okay , hmm that's unfortunate well you do have a fairly diverse air fleet at any rate, and if you need to also try to contact the spanish army mod team, they too have a harrier and several things that might be up your ally including a landing ship for marines ;) .

The worse they can do is say no.

Ahh okay , hmm that's unfortunate well you do have a fairly diverse air fleet at any rate, and if you need to also try to contact the spanish army mod team, they too have a harrier and several things that might be up your ally including a landing ship for marines ;) .

The worse they can do is say no.

Yes, I will write to them too ;)

However I have some news:

-I have imported the retextured Titan launher from massi pack, now it's the standard launcher for both AA and AT units:

2uymwd5.jpg

-The Beretta 92FS (M9) is now the standard pistol for the Triveneto armed forces

2pop65t.jpg

-I have made the ARX-160 for the special forces using some accessorizes from massi pack:

2ptw5d1.jpg

soyhq0.jpg

-I have completed the reserve units:

Rifleman with G3

voc09e.jpg

AA rifleman with a Stinger:

20upxtc.jpg

Medic and a guard

v43w9z.jpg

Marksman

10setlj.jpg

AT soldier with a carl gustav

34xexdd.jpg

They are going to be commanded by a regular army officier

2zjj31v.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful, the TITAN looks fantastic, this is definitely shaping up quite nicely. do you plan on using the AAF officer uniform model in your pack also? 

Beautiful, the TITAN looks fantastic, this is definitely shaping up quite nicely. do you plan on using the AAF officer uniform model in your pack also?

It's in the plans, but I don't know why I can't retexture it... It remains invisible like it son't have textures... I will try to solve rhis problem near the end of this faction ;)

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing more and playing with these guys, what else do you need/want for this faction? 

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing more and playing with these guys, what else do you need/want for this faction?

Air force protection units, air force ground units, jtac operators, officiers, non-combat uniform, complete special forces, special forces in other camos... And that's all I think ;)
  • Like 1

Hmmmm complete special forces?, time to bust out the ECH's, boonie hats and watch caps"I'm personally a fan of patrol caps or the snakeskin type helmet", and have you thought about perhaps a new take on the old San Marco pattern the brown, bit of a blue green and mustard color  or possibly going for a new take on the 90's pattern they had.

Air force protection units, I'd suggest either a grey type of uniform, a light blue, or the regular camo uniform you have created and just equip them differently, predominantly lightly equipped with carbines and sub machine guns maybe a saw here and there or a mg3 for the security details they would be manning checkpoints and towers mostly, so G3's/mp5's/Saw's/Mg3.

The officers, probably the combat belt and or drop leg, pity the AAF officer Uniform is acting up currently, but thats a possibility.

• Like 1

Air force protection units, air force ground units, jtac operators, officiers, non-combat uniform, complete special forces, special forces in other camos... And that's all I think ;)

For the Air Force Security Forces I would suggest the normal uniform with lighter equipment. So no helmet and no big HMGs. A Landrover with special air field marks would be nice too. For the special forces multicam or some of the camos yevgeni89 suggested could fit.

In the beta were no groups. Will you add them in the main release?

Are you planning only military SFs or also SF for the Garde Republicane (like GIS)?

Anyway, great work !

For the Air Force Security Forces I would suggest the normal uniform with lighter equipment. So no helmet and no big HMGs. A Landrover with special air field marks would be nice too. For the special forces multicam or some of the camos yevgeni89 suggested could fit.

Are you planning only military SFs or also SF for the Garde Republicane (like GIS)?

Anyway, great work !

I like the land rover idea with special decals, I can't remember what all landrovers in massi's pack, but the one with the medical module would be nice for medical purposes then it could also be reskinned for a detainment vehicle for the security forces.

I haven't had the chance to play the beta yet, but the garde may need a special team or unit like Nucleo Operativo, to respond to terrorists or severe civil unrest.

italian_nocs_officer_with_holstered_bere

Hmmmm complete special forces?, time to bust out the ECH's, boonie hats and watch caps"I'm personally a fan of patrol caps or the snakeskin type helmet", and have you thought about perhaps a new take on the old San Marco pattern the brown, bit of a blue green and mustard color  or possibly going for a new take on the 90's pattern they had.

Air force protection units, I'd suggest either a grey type of uniform, a light blue, or the regular camo uniform you have created and just equip them differently, predominantly lightly equipped with carbines and sub machine guns maybe a saw here and there or a mg3 for the security details they would be manning checkpoints and towers mostly, so G3's/mp5's/Saw's/Mg3.

The officers, probably the combat belt and or drop leg, pity the AAF officer Uniform is acting up currently, but thats a possibility.

Boonie hats and etc. are going to equip the recon units (parts of the special forces), the normal special forces units are going to use the ECH fon now ;)  for the air force security units I want to use light equipment, like lighter plate carriers, Tar-21 or another bullup rifle (or an smg I have to choose) and no helmets... Only few soldiers will have a heavy equipment (but the same weapons), like an "emergency unit" in the airport until the arrival of the reinforcement... ;)

Anyway, great work !

The land rover can be a good idea... however like I wrote before they will have light equipment ;)

I like the land rover idea with special decals, I can't remember what all landrovers in massi's pack, but the one with the medical module would be nice for medical purposes then it could also be reskinned for a detainment vehicle for the security forces.

I haven't had the chance to play the beta yet, but the garde may need a special team or unit like Nucleo Operativo, to respond to terrorists or severe civil unrest.

italian_nocs_officer_with_holstered_bere

Yes I think that I will made a SF section for the Republican Guard!

waiting for other factions and the first release too ^_^

The first release isn't too far, the other faction are going to arrive in the next months, after the first release ;)

• Like 1

Can't wait to play with these guys and make some simple scenarios.

Side note: I was thinking about it the other day and the reservist remind me a lot of 1980's early 1990 Italian Army and I was thinking about possible headgear and im digging the pasgt with the helmet net draped over. army.jpg

In the plans for this mod there's 3 types of pilots, with different helmets or vests, one for 4th generation aircrafts, one for 5th generation and one for cargo and other planes... So I want to use firewill's helmets, I haven't imported them for now, but I can show you how it will looks... (From his pack I'm also going to take the hig-vis gilet for the ground crew)

2aaj3bm.jpg

2gsjva0.jpg

• Like 1