123justin321

Smoke produced by smokegrenades covers a very small area only

Evening,

when playing ArmA3 again recently, I noticed some odd issue regarding smoke grenades. Since a picture says more than a thousand words, here you go:

smokejou00.jpg

That is pretty much the whole size the smoke grenade cloud reaches, it won't get any bigger than that. I tried disabling "Blastcore Phoenix 2" and stuff works as intended when not using Blastcore. However, I cannot imagine that this is a general problem with Blastcore, since it certainly had already been noticed if that was the case.

THIS is the collection we are using, so you can see what Mods we are running and maybe have any ideas what mod could be causing it.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

Edited by 123justin321

Hey Justin,

Me and my group have been seeing the same issue since the last Arma 3 update. Waiting for a fix I guess...till then I have disabled the @BC-Phoenix mod.

I don't use mods.

The smoke covers a nice broad area.

If the problem only exists with Blastcore, it's a Blastcore problem, not an Arma 3 problem.  

Have you tried testing with Vanilla and then adding your mods in one by one? 

luck

We are having the same issue. It's definitely caused by Blastcore. It's been happening for over a month and we have had to stop using the mod as a result. It seems strange that there hasn't been a fix pushed for it...

My friend still has the issue even though he has stopped using blastcore. Is it possible that there may be lingering elements in an unused mod that can still hinder a mission?

I'm having the issue. I don't use or have Blastcore installed. I started the editor with NO MODS and when I go in game via preview, the smoke is still a small ball. Any help appreciated. Edit: I verified game cache via Steam also.

4OaQ2It.jpg?1

I did verify files. What I ended up doing was completely uninstalling Arma, removing all mods and just keeping my profiles. Put my normal mods I use back in the Arma folder and it works now. It must have been a bad/corrupt file lingering some where ..... but all good now.