Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Survey for psych class

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Oct. 13 2002,05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tovarish, what about the poor swordfish, doesn't he count?

If you want to save the planet, start with your eating habits, as there are only so many swordfish in our precious oceans.<span id='postcolor'>

I did mention I hated humans as a species didn't I? smile.gif. Part of that reason is the poor swordfish. Dosen't change the fact that it was the best fish I've ever had...thereby making it my favourite animal. And I guess I'm a bit too jaded to believe in saving the planet. I just want to enjoy the ride while I'm here smile.gif.

Favorite: Dolphins (love the lifestyle).

Least favorite: The only animals I truly hate are insects (specifically sand fleas). Since they're not an option, I'll go with Black Widow spiders (I know they'e well-engineered and all, but man, those shiny black legs creep me out).

No phobias.

Semper Fi

Black widow spiders arn't insects??

Hmm, E6Hotel?

Hmm, I thought arachnids counted as insects. Isn't there a class that arachnids and insects and all other bugs fall into?

Oh well, I should have said bugs.

Favourite: Cats, my parents bought me a cat when i was 2 years old and i grew up playing with my cat. I love cats, and when my cat died it was almost as bad as losing a brother.

Less Favourite: Crocodiles. Other big reptiles such as komodo dragons and big snakes also scare me.

Phobias: Wasps. When i was 3-4 years old i stomped a nest without noticing and the fuckers attacked me. When i see a wasp i try to kill it inmediately. They don't scare me, i just hate them!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 12 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My most hated animal is the human, think it's self explanatory but.......we destroy our planet and kill each other in more and more inventive ways.

==========================

Not to mention they post comments in the wrong boards & dont use the search facility

tounge.gif  smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Favourite is probably either a dolphin, or a bird of prey e.g. Falcon, Eagle.

Least favourite is all insects, but seen as how we cant select them, then it would have to be cats, Whearas I hate insects, esp Midges (Scottish), I just dont like cats (probably because I am alergic to them), but being alergic does not mean I dont like the animal, I am alergic to horses also, but I really like them.

Phobias, none really, slight (very) of frogs & Toads, they are so small and move so suddenly [not to mention some frogs are among the most deadly (poisonous) creatures]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Oct. 13 2002,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't there a class that arachnids and insects and all other bugs fall into?

Oh well, I should have said bugs.<span id='postcolor'>

Yessir that would be "arthropods", amazing what you find at dictionary.com when you're spell checking your posts smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ar·thro·pod Pronunciation Key (ärthr-pd)

n.

Any of numerous invertebrate animals of the phylum Arthropoda, including the insects, crustaceans, arachnids, and myriapods, that are characterized by a chitinous exoskeleton and a segmented body to which jointed appendages are articulated in pairs.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 13 2002,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ar·thro·pod   Pronunciation Key  (ärthr-pd)

n.

Any of numerous invertebrate animals of the phylum Arthropoda, including the insects, crustaceans, arachnids, and myriapods, that are characterized by a chitinous exoskeleton and a segmented body to which jointed appendages are articulated in pairs.

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Sheesh, can't they at least use real words in a dictionary?

Favourite animal: Komodo Dragon...I love reptiles, especially lizards, and this one's the biggest, baddest lizard of them all.

http://www.oceansofkansas.com/images2/komodo7.jpg

2nd place would probably be either the Wolverine or Hyena.

Most hated: hmmm, don't especially hate any animal. I don't like flies or mosquitos because they are annoying, and I don't much care for spiders. Big cats kinda annoy me too, not actually them, but how people who think other carnivores like Hyenas or Timberwolves are disgusting, but love the big "Putty Cats"...

OOh, just thought of one I really hate: the f**king birds that start singing outside my windows at about 4wow.gif0am each Spring morning...I think they are Minors. Yep, thats my most hated animal.

Uh, and for the record, dinosaurs are a little more than "just a theory"... tounge.gif

- edit - LOL, I just read Sadico's post above, guess he don't like my favourite...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 14 2002,11:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OOh, just thought of one I really hate: the f**king birds that start singing outside my windows at about 4wow.gif0am each Spring morning...I think they are Minors. Yep, thats my most hated animal.<span id='postcolor'>

YEAH count me in, 3 of 7 days a week I have these crows wake me up too early. And they make noise just as you fall back asleep. I really fee like pecking them off, but this would land me in prison or at least national news. tounge.gif

God damn, I should have a right to eliminate all noise around my sleeping quarters by any means necessary... that's my new patch request. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- edit - LOL, I just read Sadico's post above, guess he don't like my favourite... <span id='postcolor'>

Yep smile.gif Komodo dragons scare me. I can't run away (they are fast), they can climb trees, they swim very well... No escape.

Crows are nothing compared to stupid seagulls nesting near ur house and divebombing u if their nest is close to the pavement plus even though sharing the same 'qualitys' as other pests such as squirrels and magpies etc u cant shoot them over here.

wasps are annoying too specially at summer when all they seem to do is buzz around u mad.gif

my favourite animals are horses.

I can't really give any good reason for it, but i have worked with horses for almost ten years and they kind of grow on you.

=)

I can only think of one animal that i truly hate. The tick!!

Where i live some ticks cary diseases that can in some cases be leathal. Since i can be out in the woods for weeks at the time in the summer, this is kind of a problem.

This in combination with the ticks complete lack of personality makes it very easy to hate!

mad.gif

favorite is CATS,

they aren't wimps, if they like you they like you if they dont they dont... Theres no training them. They also show an amazing capacity for abstract thought.

Hated is hmm.... none,

although i do have a thing for spiders, or anything of that type, those little crawlies that can get in your food, computer or ears.... ick..

offtopic- Ok, i understand that nothing is a fact untill its proven that it cant be disproved but calling them a theory is stretching it a bit, dont you think?

most favourite: hyena, the only animal that the lion is realy afraid of. It represents the equilibrium of full power and total weakness. Its jaws are the strongest ones of all mamals. It can crack backbones with a single bite. But it has terribly weak legs in the back, which make them slow and hard to coordinate.

But I love so many animals and there are so many I admire

most hated: penguin, cause they look so sweet but have a realy ugly social behaviour, including killing their kids if they are anoying them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (swae @ Oct. 21 2002,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">offtopic- Ok, i understand that nothing is a fact untill its proven that it cant be disproved but calling them a theory is stretching it a bit, dont you think?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, last I heard dinosaurs ARE still just theories or ideas like the big foot missing link. "Dinosaurs" havn't been proven yet (but I think we are getting pretty close).

People have just been hearing about them so much that some people just have kinda assumed that they existed.

I'm still kinda skeptical.

Considering I never really understood the topic to begin with, I'm going to pursue the current line of discussion

------

IceFire, where do you think all the bones come from? They aren't made in some Chinese sweatshop.

Most liked: Dogs

Most hated: Mosquitos

Phobia: I hate spiders as soon as they have visible hair on them.... If they don't have hair on them, i dont care about them though - they dont scare me.

----------

Icefire..... So the pyramids doesnt really exist either?

Favorite Animal: Wolf.

Most Hated Animal: Buzzard

Phobia: Bobcat

It was very hard for me to choose these, since animals play little to no role in my life, aside from housepets (which are in the grey area - I can't pick any that I really love or really hate). Bobcats were chosen as the phobia animal because it is the animal I would least like to have to fight off. According to the stories I have heard, they will randomly attack you and are very vicious and will not relent, and don't seem to fall for the tricks bears fall for. Don't quote me on this. I don't really know much about animals.

The buzzard was my choice for the most hated animal because well, it does nothing. The wolf is coordinated, fast, and good at killing. It kills, eats, and the buzzard cleans up the mess (although I do not think these two animals would ever be found in the same environment).

Hope this gets you a little closer to an A,

-Dan

of course a spider is an insect, I guess to define an insect is not tough gentlemen! Insectum Insectus Insecare: to cut in! Those animals have clearly visually segmented bodyparts, why, because the have no backbones and no internal stablisiator but the bones are basically outside, the shells. So they have segmented bodyparts because their joints must be at the ouside (legs, head, corpus). But the chitin has one big problem: You have no nerves at the outside and you can only grow slowly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 21 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Considering I never really understood the topic to begin with, I'm going to pursue the current line of discussion

------

IceFire, where do you think all the bones come from? They aren't made in some Chinese sweatshop.<span id='postcolor'>

Didn't you know: God put them there just to mess with the scientists!  tounge.gif

Favorite Animal: Cat

Most Hated Animal: Ants (I hope they all die wink.gif )

Phobia: Worms

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 21 2002,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">of course a spider is an insect, I guess to define an insect is not tough gentlemen! Insectum Insectus Insecare: to cut in! Those animals have clearly visually segmented bodyparts, why, because the have no backbones and no internal stablisiator but the bones are basically outside, the shells. So they have segmented bodyparts because their joints must be at the ouside (legs, head, corpus). But the chitin has one big problem: You have no nerves at the outside and you can only grow slowly.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, spiders are not insects. They are not a member of the class Insecta, they belong to Arachnida. Arachnids, not insects. smile.gif