Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Lsd is released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Oct. 12 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sole @ Oct. 12 2002,15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, is that a crime? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, but it could be problem I'm afraid  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (readme.txt @ Oct. 12 2002,15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Ship might not run on computers with TNT2 and Voodoo video cards.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

then i seriously wonder why the beta version worked like a dream except for the usual beta bugs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sole @ Oct. 12 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">then i seriously wonder why the beta version worked like a dream except for the usual beta bugs<span id='postcolor'>

Is there any link to the beta now? I'll give that one a run for its money...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Moriv @ Oct. 12 2002,15:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sole @ Oct. 12 2002,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">then i seriously wonder why the beta version worked like a dream except for the usual beta bugs<span id='postcolor'>

Is there any link to the beta now? I'll give that one a run for its money...<span id='postcolor'>

Beta wont be released. smile.gif

I got a question for the people that experienced problems with the dock landing ship. The lsd.p3d problem, does this only happen with the moving version of the ship, the static version, or both? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tracer18 @ Oct. 12 2002,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got a question for the people that experienced problems with the dock landing ship. The lsd.p3d problem, does this only happen with the moving version of the ship, the static version, or both?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I got the problem with both versions. After getting the error once and trying to play the mission again when I headed to the area where I had placed the ship it wasn't there.

I get the error with both the static and the mobile version

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tracer18 @ Oct. 12 2002,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got a question for the people that experienced problems with the dock landing ship. The lsd.p3d problem, does this only happen with the moving version of the ship, the static version, or both?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've tried landing Cobra on both without problems. I had a small problem driving a BMP into the static one but I solved it by lowering the elevation of the ship by 1 m. Driving into the moving version worked well.

Dont place the ship to close to the shore. biggrin.gif

But put it more in the sea, otherwise the vehicles cant enter the dock because the ship is then standing on the bottom.

Tracer i really like this ship, but some problems i found:

You cant kill the AI driver of the ship, I was a east unit, i landed on the back with a Mil-24 then raced up to the bridge and no matter what i did i couldnt kill the guy standing at the control panel by the window, i stood behind him and shot. Also i tried to snipe him from outside,by shooting through the glass. Now maybe the glass is armoured on these ships or maybe its a bug in the model that might of been overlooked.

I couldnt get AI to follow me through the ship, which i think is a OFP problem anyway. But in any case its hard to place them in different locations in the ship.

But hey, i love it! biggrin.gif

It's been said, but I'll say it again:

AWESOME WORK!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Oct. 12 2002,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tracer i really like this ship, but some problems i found:

You cant kill the AI driver of the ship, I was a east unit, i landed on the back with a Mil-24 then raced up to the bridge and no matter what i did i couldnt kill the guy standing at the control panel by the window, i stood behind him and shot. Also i tried to snipe him from outside,by shooting through the glass. Now maybe the glass is armoured on these ships or maybe its a bug in the model that might of been overlooked.

I couldnt get AI to follow me through the ship, which i think is a OFP problem anyway. But in any case its hard to place them in different locations in the ship.

But hey, i love it!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

AI driver... hehe, looks like the same problem as the M113 gunner too... they seem to have armored uniforms.  tounge.gif

AI cant move through the ship, thats right. Its the same as the buildings in Resistance. AI wont walk in it either.

We will release a fixed version with the p3d problem first. And maybe a version 2 later.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tracer18 @ Oct. 12 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will release a fixed version with the p3d version first. And maybe a version 2 later.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ETA for the fixed version?

ZIKAN, you're lucky you got to the bridge of the moving version! I tried and fell to the sea through the same corridor floor every single time. I got up the first staircase to deck 2 but when I got to the staircase to deck 3 I fell through the floor.

edit: I made it after a couple of tries. Moving the ship did the trick.

Looking really great! I'm downloading it right now!!! Thanks for the great work!

As it is said in the readme.txt, if you fall thru the deck move the ship a few meters shouth/north in the mission editor map. I´ll try to find out what is going on with that model problem.

Jafergon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jafergon @ Oct. 12 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I´ll try to find out what is going on with that model problem.

Jafergon<span id='postcolor'>

That's great news to hear.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Oct. 12 2002,15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ZIKAN, you're lucky you got to the bridge of the moving version! I tried and fell to the sea through the same corridor floor every single time. I got up the first staircase to deck 2 but when I got to the staircase to deck 3 I fell through the floor.<span id='postcolor'>

If you land on nearest helo pad to the main structure you should be ok, select auto hover and bring it down slowly.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ Oct. 12 2002,17wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you land on nearest helo pad to the main structure you should be ok, select auto hover and bring it down slowly.<span id='postcolor'>

Landing on the helipad causes no problems. It's walking to up to the bridge.

edit:

BTW, how much armour does this thing have? biggrin.gif

It took 8 TOW's, 38 FFAR's and more than a hundred 30mm rounds to sink it. tounge.gif

i cant find the static version (it isnt there under empty objects). But I'v got the moving version. The pbo is also there in the addons folder. confused.gif

and it took me 90ffars from a mi 17 to sink it

Excellent excellent EXCELLENT addon! Its every thing you'd said itd be. Works great and I havent falled thru walls or floors or anything. Only wish you could move ai around inside and move the thing with choppers and cargo in it. confused.gif Other than that, its sooo good and DAMN big on the inside. Keep up the terrific work. smile.gif

Good, very nice!

First thing I tried (you should also), is place an AI LSD in the ocean and make it go somewhere. Get yourself a boat, and ride in the back of the LSD, you can jump out, run through the LSD and ride in back... it's like one of those stunts where cars drive into or off of moving trucks.

your boat will be left in the ocean after a while but that could be fixed in a script.

I think someone at Nogova Shipyards didn't think it through before they took the contract...

image1.jpg

Actually I tried to ram the bridge at 30km/h but the LSD just bounced off, causing no damage whatsoever to the ship.  wow.gif

My showDamage script indicated 0.00000% damage.

Now we need lift bridges because the boat won't fit under it biggrin.giftounge.gif Not only did I ram it at 30 speed, as soon as I hit it, i went backwards at -23 speed.

I set my self up on the deck with a ammo box full of AA launchers, and had 4 hinds attack me.  To my surprise, the boat is hit with cannon fire and starts to move fast in the direction it's facing.  So I start running for the door on the chopper deck and it looked like I was running on one spot and not moving.  Too bad you can't drop anchor to stop if from moving.

-=Die Alive=-