Sign in to follow this  
Benno101

Blender | Can you use the Cycles Render for Export?

Hello everyone,

I just started with Blender Modeling of Static Objects for Arma 3. The problem is that the textures wont show up in game, i found a solution for this...the problem is probably that i didnt used the Blender Renderer OR i didnt used the Cycles renderer right.

Anyone has a solution for that problem except retexturing it all in the Blender Reder again, if thats even the problem...?

2. I didnt used the Arma Proxy Model, was that wrong?

Hope someone can help me!

Benno

Edited by Benno678

1. what sort of file format do you have those textures in?

2. By using cycles render or blender render, what do you mean? did you use those for render to texture purposes? (baking the shader materials to textures)?

3. If you need help with something, it would be wise to develop some more of what your particular issues are. At this very moment your questions seem random, and there are quite a lot of stuff you did wrong, or you are simply missing (from wrong file format and/or ratio) to unassigned textures in O2. Sharing images and configs of your project helps everyone identify your particular problem.

Thank you for answering im gonna try to specify my question.

Im using .png Files as textures which I added to my model in the Cycles Render over (UV Map) Materials -> Use nodes -> Image.

I then made all Project Content (Objects) to 1 single object, assigned the Arma Propertys and exported the Project as a .p3d file.

Opened it once in ObjectBuilder, saved it. Completed it through the Addon builder with the config file and tryd it out.

Now the Problem is like ive already said that my textures Wong Show up InGame, its all white.

To the Cycles Tender Thing, ive just wondered if Thats the problem as i rewatched a tutorial where he (Burnes) Used the Blender Render.

As im in my phone right now im send some photos later.

Greetings from Germany,

Benno

Thanks for your help again!

textures you assign in an external program (blender, max) usually don't work afaik. You have to modify the path in objectbuilder. Select everything and hit 'e' in objectbuilder to bring up the texturing dialog.

Oh didnt know youd have to assign the textures after exporting it from blender. Will try that out as im home...can post some pictures of settings and Models then auswell. :)

Some more Infos...

Pictures:

(One of the textures) (Infos (Interface + Settings))

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4Q_EDBuXZnIfmo0NHFzTEcxSzRaSXg5Qzg4N3VqUFp4SXdqY1lLNmVkS0tkd3gyT2VackE&usp=sharing

My config File:

class CfgPatches

{

class Straßenschild_Zürich_Tunnel

{

units[] = {"Straßenschild_Zürich_Tunnel"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class Static;

class Straßenschild_Zürich_Tunnel : Static

{

scope = 2;

model = "\Models\Straßenschilder\Straßenschild_Zürich_Tunnel.p3d";

displayName = "Straßenschild_Zürich_Tunnel";

vehicleClass = "small_items";

};

};

If im still missing something we could need for solving my problem feel free to ask. :)

1. are those planes you have textures on unwrapped? or do you use image to face. OB screens would help. Don't assume everyone knows blender here (a lot use other 3d software), but everyone knows o2 and/or OB.

2. don't use special characters in configs. as in EVER.

I think I figured it out...I added Textures for every single object in Blender and didnt used a complete UV Map which I then marked in the cfg file...Could that possibly be working then? :)

Poorly still the same...I uploaded my Export Folders + the Blender project to Google Drive, and an Image of the Object having no texture...Id really appreciate if some could shortly look over the files if im missing something :)

One thing Ive noticed, my UV Mapping field in the Object Builder (e) is all empty, texture path is filled. That shouldnt be right? Picture of that in GDrive aswell...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Q_EDBuXZnIfmo0NHFzTEcxSzRaSXg5Qzg4N3VqUFp4SXdqY1lLNmVkS0tkd3gyT2VackE&authuser=0

Edit:

Do i have do write something in the UV source field? The complete RVMAT content underneath here...

#define _ARMA_

ambient[] = {0.9999999,0.9999999,0.99999994,1};

diffuse[] = {0.9999999,0.9999999,0.99999994,1};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0,0,0,0};

emmisive[] = {0,0,0,1};

specular[] = {0.28044415,0.28044426,0.2804441,0.2};

specularPower = 60.6;

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapSpecularDIMap";

VertexShaderID = "NormalMap";

class Stage1

{

texture = "Streetsign_Zuerich_Export\Streetsign_Zuerich_co.paa";

uvSource = "tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {1,0,0};

up[] = {0,1,0};

dir[] = {0,0,0};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

MfG. Benno

Edited by Benno678

show me your UV map for the entire object you export in both blender and OB

I then made all Project Content (Objects) to 1 single object, assigned the Arma Propertys and exported the Project as a .p3d file.

This sounds like you are using my Arma Toolbox for Blender. The following assumes you do, if not, disregard.

The material settings for either Cycles or Blender internal do not match what Arma requires, since every face in Arma has two files associated with them (texture and RVMat). If you use the toolbox, regardless of whether you selected blender internal or Cycles, you will find an extra panel "Arma Material Properties" in the materials tab (usually at the very bottom). The texture and RVMat fields are relevant for the exporter, nothing else.

I strongly advice to leave it on Blender Internal and use a face texture assignment for UV unwrapping so that you can actually see the texture, but again, the relevant information is attached to the material, not the faces.

I hope that helps.

EDIT: Checked your file, and you already did that. I don't quite understand your RVMat though, it specifies the color texture again?

Edited by Alwarren

Edit: I only applied it in Blender do I get the UV Map to the Object Builder / Export?

Ive just uploaded it...Wait do I have to integrate the UV Map for the Export / Addon Building somehow...Because I didnt do it, sounds logical if you think about it -_- How do you do that?

Oh and thanks a lot for your help, I really enjoy getting a bit further after stucking with this a long time of try and error :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4Q_EDBuXZnIfmo0NHFzTEcxSzRaSXg5Qzg4N3VqUFp4SXdqY1lLNmVkS0tkd3gyT2VackE&usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

I checked the UV Editor inside Object Builder (Button Upper Right corner) and the UV Map is shown there correctly, like ive already shown in a pic, the UV Mapping (Face Properties "E") is still empty...Hmmm I just dont get it. :/

Edited by Benno678

Thanks Alwarren, i just dont really know whats wrong with my RVMat, could you send me an example of 1 or specify the problem? :)

does the texture show in buldozer? (dx viewport only works with .tga file formats)

does the texture show in buldozer? (dx viewport only works with .tga file formats)

Sorry for the dumb question but how can you show them? Bulldozer doesnt work for me

External Viewer: Attach Failed. No Viewer found

:/