Sign in to follow this  
peose

Real games dont fade...

Isnt this the piracy warning?

We tried a network game on LAN with original cd´s in all computers and still got the warning.

SHould we bother or is FADE activated?

/Peter

Was every person using a unique and valid serial?

Yes it was the same installation key since we did this at my friends home and he has recently bought a new computer and we didnt reinstall OFP on his old.

So both installations was from his cd but the cd's are valid.

But I had my cd in and he had his.

Is this a problem? Will it activate the FADE or not? Should we reinstall so that both has a unique cdkey during installation?

/Peter

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peose @ Oct. 08 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Should we reinstall so that both has a unique cdkey during installation?

/Peter<span id='postcolor'>

Yes smile.gif

you can put the key in Manualy via regedit in the future smile.gif

You should reinstall. You can't directly enter it in the registry.

As others have already pointed out, the value found in the Windows Registry is not a plain-text version of the key.

I'm also sure that the validity of the value is checked (just like the CD Key during installation), so you can't just change a couple of characters or put in some random value without triggering FADE.

You can back up the hashed CD key value from the registry then use it later on if you wish, it will work. Of course to get the proper sequence the CD key must be run through the OFP installer in the beginning. Hope you enjoy your lan party. wink.gif