Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Crazy sniper!

HOly fucking shit!! THat said ROckeville MD!!

Thats my hometown!!!

whoever did this needs to be hung by his balls and skinned alive. mad.gif

and no pro-gun, antigun control debate here. whoever starts that argument will get 48hours or permanent ban. i can assert my position here very nicely claiming this is a good reason to strenghten firearms law, but the argument becomes flame-o-rama, and I won't let it happen.

I would have gone "awww, damn" if one person was shot, but it doesn't any longer seem the case after 5 people. Now i'm like ," that's a tradgedy". The guy/girl who did it is surely trained and most very likely will have a gun license(premeditated). I say something sinsiter is at work possibly a weird cult?

hope you catch the weirdo!

btw icefire, stay indoors, starve if you must. We don't want to lose any precious forum dwellers wink.gif

Wow, it said that all of the shooting was near Rockville Pike and Connecticut Ave.

Jeez, I like go down those roads nearly everyday.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Moose said ballistic reports indicated the victims were shot from a distance, probably with .223-caliber bullets from an assault or hunting rifle, and that each victim was killed with a single bullet — facts that suggest a “skilled shooter†was responsible.

<span id='postcolor'>

This, coupled with the fact that there seems to be no connection between the victims, suggests that they are dealing with a crack-shot who has gone postal.

Well, there are alot of ex and current Marines living here in Mont Co. (Montgomery County).

Lots of military folk, I guess cause we are a few hours away from Washington. You see 'em all over the place.

So who knows.

I agree that the shooter is probably ex-military or police or something like that. It sounds like the person was a very good shot.

Long range one-shot-kills with a hunting or assualt rifle? I would say they would have to either had had spoent a lot of time shooting, or they had military or police training.

Its real sad when these kind of things are happening.

yea scary stuff. we weren't allowed to leave school grounds on our run for cross country practice today because of it (i live in northern virginia). the scary part isn't in the accuracy of the shots, but that he just chose "random" targets. ANYONE could be next, and i think that's what causes the biggest concern

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. i can assert my position here very nicely claiming this is a good reason to strenghten firearms <span id='postcolor'>

Uhhhhh so you can state your opinion, but we can not state ours?? confused.gif Just asking. I wonder if this could be a terror attack. Who knows...

Navy EEL, where you from man?

I'm from Rockeville, but I know N. Va pretty well.

You from Vienna/Tysons corner area?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Oct. 05 2002,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. i can assert my position here very nicely claiming this is a good reason to strenghten firearms <span id='postcolor'>

Uhhhhh so you can state your opinion, but we can not state ours?? confused.gif  Just asking. I wonder if this could be a terror attack. Who knows...<span id='postcolor'>

read btw the lines DOR.....see why you need to have good education? biggrin.gif

it should go like this; "i can use this as a good example of why gun laws are in need of getting tougher, but I won't do it".

Well Ralph I thought that might be it, but with other arguments we have been in I did not know. tounge.gif

me and my friends were talkin about it tonight, one of suggested it was a kid pretending he was playing grand theft auto 3 in real life...

but really, who's psychotic enough to do this?

I doubt it would be a kid pretending to be playing GTA3. As much as anti-gaming people want to say games train you to be a marksman, very few do. GTA3 is played from a 3rd person view and does not have realistic ballistics and no iron sights. Only games I would say would help trai your gun skills would be OFP nsd Americas Army as they are the only games I really know that use use Iron sights, and even OFP dosnt have very good breathing simulator.

I would say its someone with either alot of experiance or proffesianal training. Just got to hope they can nab the person/people resbonsible and deal with them.

is this that thing in washington! He isn't a sniper, hes a trained marksman, he was doing drive by shootings. his acuracy has been confermd as 5 hits out of 6 shots.

My advice is to learn to shoot dodge/dive. Then you should have a 50/50 chance of survival!

I learned how to do that when i got interest in the matrix and max payne.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Oct. 04 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree that the shooter is probably ex-military or police or something like that. It sounds like the person was a very good shot.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly what I wanted to post in this thread... I'd almost bet on it that he is or was in the armed forces. Looks like he is using one of the armed forces weapons also. PSG?

The killings do not prove he is a very good shot, just that he knows what he is doing (not from movies right!wink.gif. The range is short.

EDIT: Looks like the cops are looking at M16 family weapons, CAR-15, M16A2? The round they showed looks like 7.62 though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Oct. 05 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">me and my friends were talkin about it tonight, one of suggested it was a kid pretending he was playing grand theft auto 3 in real life...

but really, who's psychotic enough to do this?<span id='postcolor'>

This is NOT a kid, and NOT playing... he is trained and contains himself enough to be a professional killer. No arcade games or TV will be involved in teaching this guy his skills.

In the news it said he was using a .223 Remington (5,56mm NATO), so he may be using an AR-15.

The whole M16 Class of weapons uses the 5.56mm Nato round to my knowlage(which isnt super extensive)

Any new news on what is going on? Hope they manage to catch the suspects, espicialy before they can strike again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 05 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The whole M16 Class of weapons uses the 5.56mm Nato round to my knowlage(which isnt super extensive)

Any new news on what is going on? Hope they manage to catch the suspects, espicialy before they can strike again.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, it just looked like 7.62 in his hand, anyway I'm pretty sure it's a 5.56mm... this guy could just be/have been a regular infantry man.

News? They linked 6 killings to the same suspects, maybe 7th is related also.

I am wondering if they are still using that Van, people are going to spot it next time they use it for sure.