Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Crazy sniper!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 08 2002,03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 07 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ROGER @ Oct. 07 2002,23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snipping error, changed now, have a look..<span id='postcolor'>

Yes mods, I will secure the happiness now.

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

What?

What are you talking about?    sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Interpreted:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 07 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (YOU CHANGED MY NAME TO NOT RED OCT SO I PLAYFULLY CHANGED YOURS @ Oct. 07 2002,23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snipping error, changed now, have a look..<span id='postcolor'>

Yes moderators, I realize that I am being silly and immature. I will cease and desist immediately.

What can I tell you -- my sense of humor isn't merely dry, it's a dessicated husk. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum already in progress.

Semper Fi

anyway, i'm comeing up with some 'conspiracy theories'

1. shooter is a terrorist.: maybe he is one of AQ operatives causing havoc to terrorize US

2. shooter is an agent of Israel. by having ppl think #1, his objective f flaming hatred is fulfilled.

wink.gif

but i seriously doubt any two.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Oct. 08 2002,06:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. shooter is a terrorist.: maybe he is one of AQ operatives causing havoc to terrorize US<span id='postcolor'>

If the shooter was in any way tied to an extremist group, a statement would surely have been made by now IMHO.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

2. shooter is an agent of Israel. by having ppl think #1, his objective f flaming hatred is fulfilled.

<span id='postcolor'>

This one's getting old. Every time something happens that might remotely be tied with middle east terror, someone comes up with "the Jews did it to draw hostility towards muslims". I think Israel has done some pretty ruthless things (not all unjustified, this thread's not the place to express my opinion on the situation there but you might have noticed I don't post on the Middle East thread - it's because I don't much like either side of that conflict) But accusing them of something like this is just crazy.

Maybe the conspiracy is like the port Arthur massacre in Australia: the shooter is a goverment stooge, used as a scapegoat to help the goverment bring in sweeping new (and undemocratic) firearm reforms so they can disarm the public.

heh, chances are the gun he's using is already illegal- not that that's going to stop anti-gun activists from taking advantage of this tragedy.

Interesting fact: the gun used in the Port Arthur massacre had previously been handed in during a gun "amnesty" on illegal and unregistered firearms. Kinda makes you wonder how it got back into circulation, eh?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Oct. 08 2002,07:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">geeze Tovarish! lighten up! I said i don't beleive either of them! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know, I just thought I'd post a couple of good reasons why no one should believe those theories smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 08 2002,00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the shooter was in any way tied to an extremist group, a statement would surely have been made by now IMHO.<span id='postcolor'>

Well probably yes, extremist groups notify the victim(everyone) of their actions...

In my opinion, this guy is a citizen of the US, and he might have some motive, like anti-war, anti-Israeli, anti-govt in general, anti-American!... something like that.

So even if he has his idea about the killings, the authorities will keep that mostly a secret (not wanting the public to think about anything important), saying he was just crazy or make up some other common psychiatric evaluation. sad.gif

Heck, they have done all that and more in case of WTC, and all Mid-East sourced violence.

EDIT: Forgot to add, he may be anti-hunting... all sorts of possibilities to consider.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my opinion, this guy is a citizen of the US, and he might have some motive, like anti-war, anti-Israeli, anti-govt in general, anti-American!... something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

Well this guy shot 13 year old school boy to critical condition sad.gif, so I don't think there's any motives left... confused.gif

He may have finally screwed up -- police found a shell casing at the scene of the last shooting.

NYTimes

It's probably a longshot, but let's hope the moron wasn't wearing gloves when he handled the ammo.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Oct. 08 2002,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well this guy shot 13 year old school boy to critical condition sad.gif, so I don't think there's any motives left... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No actually I don't think so, he may have decided to punish US citizens in a way not to get caught, or to kill as many as possible to inflict terror.

This is odd, there is suppost to be a driver and a gunner... (if so) it is much less likely there is a psychiatric problem here, most likely they have very clear motives.

By the way, if this is just a kid with a hunting rifle (as Warin suggeted), I will be very very surprized. It is extremely difficult to pull all that off without being caught yet. Either the suspect(s) have prepared with good tactics, or they are extremely smart and cunning. For the sake of everyone who might be a target, lets hope it's mostly tactics.

No demands or statements of any kind have been made, and he is choosing victims at random. In addition, there may be an accomplice that is acting as a driver and lookout.

It all points to a single goal: terrorizing the population.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 08 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It all points to a single goal: terrorizing the population.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but why? What is the reason for wanting to inflict such terror?

If this question is left un-answered truthfully, it may happen again. (we can't possibly answer it just yet)

If I had to go out on a limb and take a wild guess, I'd say we will find out that it is about the U.S. policies and influence in the Middle East and elsewhere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 08 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I had to go out on a limb and take a wild guess, I'd say we will find out that it is about the U.S. policies and influence in the Middle East and elsewhere.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats sort of jumping to conclusions, dont you think?

It could just as easily be some white supremacist who has decided to take out his frustration at US immigration policies against people that live near Washington DC.

Unless/Until they catch the perpetrator, it's not really fair to start making a call either way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 08 2002,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unless/Until they catch the perpetrator, it's not really fair to start making a call either way.<span id='postcolor'>

I have a feeling that these guys won't go down without a fight. Maybe their motive will never be known, if they don't write it down before they die.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 08 2002,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 08 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I had to go out on a limb and take a wild guess, I'd say we will find out that it is about the U.S. policies and influence in the Middle East and elsewhere.<span id='postcolor'>

It could just as easily be some white supremacist who has decided to take out his frustration at US immigration policies against people that live near Washington DC.

Unless/Until they catch the perpetrator, it's not really fair to start making a call either way.<span id='postcolor'>

As I wrote at the beginning of that message, it is a wild guess.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Oct. 08 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my opinion, this guy is a citizen of the US, and he might have some motive, like anti-war, anti-Israeli, anti-govt in general, anti-American!... something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

Well this guy shot 13 year old school boy to critical condition sad.gif, so I don't think there's any motives left... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

why should a 13yr old matter more than say a 18 yr old??

May be a good time to start looking for that flak jacket though confused.gif incidently how come some shops take a dim view of selling body armour to the public as wouldn`t they need it they more becuase they dont have the fire and manpower available to them as the cops do?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 08 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 08 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I had to go out on a limb and take a wild guess, I'd say we will find out that it is about the U.S. policies and influence in the Middle East and elsewhere.<span id='postcolor'>

Unless/Until they catch the perpetrator, it's not really fair to start making a call either way.<span id='postcolor'>

but it is a start if you know what i mean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Oct. 08 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">incidently how come some shops take a dim view of selling body armour to the public as wouldn`t they need it they more becuase they dont have the fire and manpower available to them as the cops do?<span id='postcolor'>

Short answer: the LAPD North Hollywood shootout back in '97.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 08 2002,15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Oct. 08 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">incidently how come some shops take a dim view of selling body armour to the public as wouldn`t they need it they more becuase they dont have the fire and manpower available to them as the cops do?<span id='postcolor'>

Warning: Gun control discussion is a result of this. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 08 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Oct. 08 2002,15wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Oct. 08 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">incidently how come some shops take a dim view of selling body armour to the public as wouldn`t they need it they more becuase they dont have the fire and manpower available to them as the cops do?<span id='postcolor'>

Warning: Gun control discussion is a result of this.  <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't anticipate a problem.  wink.gif

Obviously, if someone expresses interest in buying body armor, they create the impression that perhaps they're planning an activity where they anticipate being fired on. A normal (albeit paranoid) civilian who buys a vest probably wouldn't want to wear it after about five minutes, anyway. I've been in situations where they were logical necessities and I still hated wearing mine.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Oct. 08 2002,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">explain smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Any particular reason why you're physically unable to paste the words "LAPD North Hollywood shootout back in '97" from E6hotel's post into Google? I just did it and the first hit is about the story.