Sign in to follow this  
MrHuachuca

Command for attaching sounds to units?

Hello, was looking around scriptings as usual. Currently making an insurgency mission for a large group I play with. Scripted together and textured DEA feature. So far, if you find narcotics you can call the DEA from support. They will come rolling in, with a DEA hunter x3 convoy and a private security loadout type soldiers will hop out and gather the narcotics and place them in their vehicles and drive off, however. Even when your exiting or returning to base, about every 3 hours - 5 hours in real life time an DEA convoy will pass you and your convoy. However for giggles, was wondering is there any way to add an sound to one out of the three vehicles? Adding "Cops" song into it so when you pass it you can hear them busting them beats haha.

I'm not that talented and intelligence about sounds so any help would be awesome. Thank you, Have a nice day!

Very Simple! :D

Firstly, name your object something like "Object1".

Then in the init.sqf or in a trigger act, put this in:

Object1 say3D "MySound";

Very Simple! :D

Firstly, name your object something like "Object1".

Then in the init.sqf or in a trigger act, put this in:

Object1 say3D "MySound";

But say3D doesn't loop the sound; playsound3D would be the way to go - eventhough it's a bit more tedious to use.

afair playsound3D stays in the position, where it was started from.

afair playsound3D stays in the position, where it was started from.

Good point, I was thinking it returned a handle for the sound to be able to update its position, my fault for not reading first :p, so say3D is your best bet.