quick question. Can i run this script automatically every time a load up a map or mission? Right now i have the command line in the debug console saved, but i have to execute it via enter every time i load a mission or map in the editor. Arma 3 sure has a auto execute function right?

quick question. Can i run this script automatically every time a load up a map or mission? Right now i have the command line in the debug console saved, but i have to execute it via enter every time i load a mission or map in the editor. Arma 3 sure has a auto execute function right?
Just create "init.sqf" file in the root folder of your mission and put in there all the stuff from debug console.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Just create "init.sqf" file in the root folder of your mission and put in there all the stuff from debug console.

Or just use addon version. It runs automaticly, although with default settings.

CH Bright Nights v1.03

Changelog:

v1.03

- changed: variable "CHBN_adjustBrightness" is now capped and has maximum and minimum values ranging from 0 to 1. Make sure you adjust this variable in your mission files accordingly (although it will work anyway)

- changed: illumination has a cooler tone to simulate moonlight

Download

• Like 1

CHBN_adjustColor default values are quoted as [0.3,0.5,1] on page 1 here, but in the latest 1.03 download the script version details them as [0.5,0.7,1] in the example init.sqf, but again [0.3,0.5,1] in the CHBN.sqf file.

I appreciate one can flavour to taste, but from your view which is supposed to be the new values?  The above seems to contradict itself.

Also... do you still use CHBN_adjustBrightness and CHBN_adjustColor values in yout init.sqf if you're using the mod/pbo version?

Thanks in advance!

18 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

CHBN_adjustColor default values are quoted as [0.3,0.5,1] on page 1 here, but in the latest 1.03 download the script version details them as [0.5,0.7,1] in the example init.sqf, but again [0.3,0.5,1] in the CHBN.sqf file.

I appreciate one can flavour to taste, but from your view which is supposed to be the new values?  The above seems to contradict itself.

Also... do you still use CHBN_adjustBrightness and CHBN_adjustColor values in yout init.sqf if you're using the mod/pbo version?

Thanks in advance!

I updated all default values in all scripts for color and it's [0.3,0.5,1] now. I didn't update one in init.sqf because i'm trying to show how you can use your own custom values in this file.

18 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Yes, these variables work anywhere, you can change it at any time with mod or script version.

If you have any more questions please ask them here.

• Like 1

Hi champ, this is really a cool script! 

One question: What was the reason to cap the settings at 0 and 1?

I'm asking because some players (in a night mission of mine) have reported that even cranking up CHBN_adjustBrightness they don't see anything and it's still too dark.

12 hours ago, Undeceived said:

Hi champ, this is really a cool script! 

One question: What was the reason to cap the settings at 0 and 1?

I'm asking because some players (in a night mission of mine) have reported that even cranking up CHBN_adjustBrightness they don't see anything and it's still too dark.

Because it isn't suppose to be a cheating tool. During the darkest night it suppose to be dark, even with this addon. The difference is that with CHBN you can make out some silhouettes, and without it's just 100% black screen.

Anyway I can tweak it a bit more if people have problems with it.

8 hours ago, champ-1 said:

Because it isn't suppose to be a cheating tool. During the darkest night it suppose to be dark, even with this addon. The difference is that with CHBN you can make out some silhouettes, and without it's just 100% black screen.

Anyway I can tweak it a bit more if people have problems with it.

That would be cool. Allowing to increase it more would be great. The script is cool and the brightened nights look realistic. Better than setAperture, which is unusable because it doesn't reset when the player leaves the mission.