Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Helicopter won't extract in "Firing From Vehicles"-showcase.

Having located the captive AAF pilots, the player is told to wait for extraction by a helicopter. The helicopter arrives, the player, captives and fireteam board, and then - nothing happens. They just sit there, idiotically, while the helicopter stays put. After a few minutes, a NATO fireteam comes running in from nowhere in particular, and starts clearing what's left of the area. The player is forbidden to exit the helicopter once he's mounted, so you'll just sit there, waiting for the fucking game to finish.

And I was enjoying the mission, too. But, of course, you can't have something just work with BI. They make it a point of honour to fuck something up, being careful that the player don't end up enjoying himself too much, after all.

Hey, it's in devbranch, means open beta!

That's normal if some things don't work yet, it's not officially released yet!

To make it simple, if you're playing the dhowcase, it's like your beta-testing it, so report the bugs you encounter and pray for BIS missions makers to fix it.

BTW, do you have any mod installed?

The extraction worked perfectly for me using dev build 1.43.129935. Both NATO squads and freed AAF pilots have to enter chopper before extract task completes and chopper takes off.

But I'll have to replay to get the drone to destroy the downed chopper. I had locked a scalpel missile on it, but it took too long for drone to circle around to get into firing position. Next time I will take flying control and dive bomb the thing. :) Fun showcase! Very professional radio dialog. Nice immersion. Music at start is totally kick ass. But I finished it with 0 reverts and no manual saves. A little too easy on Veteran?

933101400232186.jpg

Edit:

Done. Looks like no way to pilot drone, but I got off a few Scalpels even though not fully locked on target and did the job:

bd891a400303713.jpg

Awesome mission. Very tight. I want more! :681:

9be7ed400303731.jpg

Edited by OMAC

BTW, do you have any mod installed?

Nope. No mods.

Both NATO squads

"Both NATO squads"? What does that mean? The player is part of a single fireteam, moving through the city. There are no other fireteams involved; nor any squads. Are you referring to the single fireteam I described running past the helicopter and into the town?

Edited by St!gar

Maybe just a bug. Restart the mission?

@OMAC:

Yeah, mission was quite fun. Too bad all the showcases nor the full campaign didn't reach that level... :(

Maybe just a bug. Restart the mission?

I've tried reloading the latest autosave, (when you encounter the captive pilots.), but it's still bugged. I kind of don't want to restart, to be honest. I had such a good run.

Well, that would be the only solution.

@OMAC:

Yeah, mission was quite fun. Too bad all the showcases nor the full campaign didn't reach that level... :(

Yep. Campaign missions and showcases had quite uneven quality, complexity, and difficulty. And because of that, I am having a very, very hard time justifying buying Marksmen for $14.39, especially as it contains only one premium content SP mission. :(

You should have bought the bundle.

I didn't want Karts, and Heli also had only one mission. :(

I'm sorry that you had to experience this. We discovered that there was the off-chance that one or both of the friendly AI squads would prioritize engaging enemies left in the town over boarding the extraction helicopter. This is why you faced it but OMAC and others, for example, did not. It has already been fixed in preparation for the next update but, unfortunately, the update itself isn't out yet. Once it is out, however, I hope you can give the mission another go.

I'm sorry that you had to experience this. We discovered that there was the off-chance that one or both of the friendly AI squads would prioritize engaging enemies left in the town over boarding the extraction helicopter. This is why you faced it but OMAC and others, for example, did not. It has already been fixed in preparation for the next update but, unfortunately, the update itself isn't out yet. Once it is out, however, I hope you can give the mission another go.

Can I also just say that the task description for extract mentions Huron rather than the Ghosthawk which arrives. Aside from that I didn't have the issue with it not taking off.

As an aside, excellent mission, good fun and it's great it was released for free.

Hopefully the new version won't appear overly scripted at the end. Player(s) and friendly AI should ensure that the LZ is at least moderately safe before the extraction. If there are problems (which I didn't see in several playthroughs) with NATO squads boarding chopper, I would have considered making the evac chopper hover at a safe height until there are only ~0-2 CSAT in trigger area around LZ, giving time for player(s) and AI to clear area.

How did they do to make FIA hostile to BLUFOR?

I am having the same problem in the newly updated stable build. However, it's more complex - in one attempt the chopper wouldn't take off, in another try after a reload, it took off, but landed outside the town after one of the guys reported a detected enemy. Then, nothing happened.

How did they do to make FIA hostile to BLUFOR?

Usual methods presumably, group them with an OPFOR unit with zero presence probability, or dressed OPFOR units up as FIA.

@Jona

Thanks

@Variable

Weird, didn't have this problem. Everything went quite smooth

Usual methods presumably, group them with an OPFOR unit with zero presence probability, or dressed OPFOR units up as FIA.

There are actually OPFOR and Independant side classes available for the FIA guerillas in the game, they're just hidden from the mission editor with scope = 1; in the config.

Classes for them are things like O_G_Soldier_GL_F or I_G_Soldier_GL_F instead of B_G_Soldier_GL_F. i.e. a mission designer can change their side in the mission.sqm by replacing the class prefixes from B_ to one of the other sides.

There are actually OPFOR and Independant side classes available for the FIA guerillas in the game, they're just hidden from the mission editor with scope = 1; in the config.

Classes for them are things like O_G_Soldier_GL_F or I_G_Soldier_GL_F instead of B_G_Soldier_GL_F. i.e. a mission designer can change their side in the mission.sqm by replacing the class prefixes from B_ to one of the other sides.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I hate editing the mission.sqm as 9/10 times I manage to screw something up.

Isn't there also an option in the editor?

INDFOR ally of [bLUFOR/OPFOR/both/none]

I played thru mission for third time in order to find "Secret Room." Encountered no problems at all, just good combat fun. All other NATO guys entered evac chopper and calmly waited for 15 minutes while I searched Syrta. I found about 8-9 bad guys lurking around, and took them out with my Mk200. Found room, boarded chopper, took off, game over. Looking good (again).

What???

What secret room???

;) No hints here. It's a new Steam achievement. Check it out.

If the guy inside hadn't fired at me, I would have never find that room...