Drifter

[Early WIP] Southern Wardak Province, Afghanistan

New pictures and additions! :yay:

Updates / additions:

* New towns / compounds with trap doors in a few houses

* New small hidden compound entrance / cave (More to come)

* New foliage lines

* Decreased bushes and rocks in open fields

* Outlined dried river trench with rock walls

Update highlights (Pictures):

mlItTUT.jpg[/img]

37xB0DX.jpg[/img]

xNagi8v.png[/img]

U8XYres.png[/img]

f85TRXN.png[/img]

PMkDOcG.png[/img]

ZzmzI2w.png[/img]

Click here for more pictures

Edited by Drifter

Nice work! Something seems seriously fucked with your graphics quality though? Do you play on low textures? I assume that isn't a map issue.

Nice work! Something seems seriously fucked with your graphics quality though? Do you play on low textures? I assume that isn't a map issue.

Yes, I had my public server quality on, due to playing on a public server with around 50+ players the lag gets real if you have ever experienced. I just forgot to change the textures from low and standard to high. If it was a map issue I would rage. Thanks anyways :D

Drifter you and your team are the best.

Such a beautifull map. Cant wait to see the final version. Same with Waziristan.

Just awesome :wub:

Keep it up Guys ;)

Quote from Drifter on the [Terrain] Southern Waziristan, Pakistan (Release Thread)

*DISAPPOINTING UPDATE*

All of my terrains are on hold. I can no longer work on these terrains due to these reasons:

1. Mikero's Tools (Free version) are broken with the new update and have not been updated. He has a paid version that is updated with the newest ArmA update, but I honestly am not willing to pay for them.

2. Bohemia's tools are frustrating, I can't stand them. I am encountering an issue where I can pack the terrain for in-game use, BUT... when I go in game and go to the editor to prepare screenshots and testing. The terrain is no where to be seen on the list of maps to be loaded. I'm sure I am not doing something right. I watched tutorials on how to use Addon Builder for terrains and still nothing. No good results from the new update. I can't produce maps if I can't get my projects packed.

Well, I will see you guys hopefully soon, either when a new free version comes out of Mikero's Tools "PBOProject" or someone helps me with the BI Tools issue.

Would be anyone willing to support drifter with me? I mean the Tools cost about 35$ for a year. If some people would get in on it, it would hurt nobodys purse and drifter could continue making this beautiful terrains I really can't wait to get my hands on. Just reply or PM me if you are interested in helping drifter out with me.