Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Favorite bond actor!

I noticed that George Lazenby didn't get a vote.

Although he can't be considered the 'best' Bond ever (only one film), On His Majestys Secret Service was an excellent Bond film. Lazenby did a bang up job, and brought a different Bond to us, even if it did freak me a little.

'We have all.... the time..... in the world....'

The first Bond ending that upset me!

My liking for Sean Connery plummeted to rock bottom when he starred in The Hunt for Red October. My reaction was "every damn sailor in that sub can speak flawless Russian except for the captain, wtf". Sorry, whenever I see him, I get this flashback of him butchering the Russian language during the first scenes of the movie.

Then again, I've never liked Bond films, if you've seen one you've seen e'm all IMHO.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 03 2002,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My liking for Sean Connery plummeted to rock bottom when he starred in The Hunt for Red October. My reaction was "every damn sailor in that sub can speak flawless Russian except for the captain, wtf". Sorry, whenever I see him, I get this flashback of him butchering the Russian language during the first scenes of the movie.<span id='postcolor'>

Same with connery and english. He doensn't really speak english just this heavily scottish distorted english smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you've seen one you've seen e'm all IMHO.<span id='postcolor'>

very true

I think the latest movies (with brosnan, i mean) just arent too "bond style". The stories are lacking (russians evil after cold war, evil media mogule, guy with a bullet in his head) even the new movie is too strange (the ice base or whatever). Connery was an amazing actor, but since the movies were made in the 60's, they look worn out, and the sfx arent really good (dont think im saying old movies suck, they dont). Roger Moore's movies were really good, such as octopussy expecially, with the interesting india and east berlin settings. Roger Moore was also good becuase he made a lot of jokes, sure that wasnt him who made the jokes up, but still his movies were great. Brosnan however, gets beat up to much, his movies are in ugly and dull settings, and there is not an even balance of violence, espionage, and sex, etc. (his movies lean toward the violence-sex thing)

Those are my two cents. smile.gif

Sniper, You forgot the explosions too. With brosnan hes always blowing everything up...especially his car. tounge.gif

But from what I can remeber the older bond films were more of getting in secretly and getting out secretly.

With brosnan its. Blow up the house, then ask questions, after everyone is dead, then blow it up again.

Well thats just the way I see it.

Sean Connery.

The new Bond movies i´m not interested in as they are almost exclusively working by excessive use of SFX, while taking everything rather to the action-comedy side of things. Best Bond movies for me are still the old ones with Connery, my fav is "Thunderball", made in 1965.

I only saw the first Bond movie starring Pierce Brosnan, since then I've ignored the new films. Brosnan looks like someone's uncle who is a truckdriver but got a heavy makeover for a wedding.

My favourite Bond (and by far the best) is.... Timothy Dalton! Yes, I know you hate him, but he rocks! He's both a gentleman and a predator, and got that cunning look in his eyes. Great actor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Oct. 03 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favourite Bond (and by far the best) is.... Timothy Dalton! Yes, I know you hate him, but he rocks! He's both a gentleman and a predator, and got that cunning look in his eyes. Great actor.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree on that. Dalton is my favourite too. Pity he only made two movies.