Sign in to follow this  

extdb problem.

When i try this: "extDB" callExtension "0:RAW:DELETE FROM players";

It doesn't work at all, i call it on the server ofc.

i'm using the latest altis life script and the latest extdb files.

any idea?

Edited by Guest

I'm sitting here just thinking to myself, "How retarded is this child?"

Obviously this is intended for other purposes...

The original post is the same username as one on a known cheats/scripting forum for arma3.

That is currently working on some scripts to be used on AltisLifeRPG Servers.

So i rather not point out the mistakes the original poster is making,

especially when it looks like they are trying to delete database entries.

But it is nice to see that feature for extDB is slightly confusing for some script kiddies :)

The original post is the same username as one on a known cheats/scripting forum for arma3.

That is currently working on some scripts to be used on AltisLifeRPG Servers.

So i rather not point out the mistakes the original poster is making,

especially when it looks like they are trying to delete database entries.

But it is nice to see that feature for extDB is slightly confusing for some script kiddies :)

I feel honored being google- searched by you, although you're wrong, i'm not gonna script- kiddy hack a server or however you may call it, and yes i'm retarded.

In fact i'm just trying to use extdb2 for my personal usage, maybe to make a little mission (?), i'm sorry if it seems like i'm trying to do anything wrong, i'm not.

It's my way of gaining experience.

I know you won't believe me but what else can i say?

To all of you, i'm just trying to use extdb2 to write and read from a local database, nothing more, nothing less.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

I'd love to know how you can base that opinion on 4 sentences?

Heeeere's Johnny!: I do certainly appreciate your post, thanks.

Edited by Guest

At first I thought it was pretty uncalled for until I read what Torndeco said. Curious, can you still be a member on these forums if you are a member on cheat forums?

At first I thought it was pretty uncalled for until I read what Torndeco said. Curious, can you still be a member on these forums if you are a member on cheat forums?

If admins decide to ban me i'm alright with that, just keep in mind that i'm not wanting to do any harm.

If anyone wants me to delete all my posts on said cheat forum i'll try to.

EDIT: tried to edit almost all my posts made on said cheatforum asking admins to delete my posts.

Once again i'm sorry if it seemed like i was trying to do any harm. (they might return my old post due to me editing it out being a violation of said forum rules.)

edit once again: yep they already returned it to the original state.

Edited by Guest

It was a great reply, got a chuckle from it :)

I don't see the issue with being a member on one of those message boards.

At one stage when I was tasked with some admin/coding for a few servers, I too was a member on one of those message boards and TS, and even made some knowledgeable acquaintances, for the purpose of detecting and blocking kiddie stuff prior to the kiddies using it on the servers. Even used some donations money to purchase, at the time, some of the latest and greatest menu stuff, in order to learn how to protect against it. That approach proved worthwhile and much more effective than waiting to read the logs after an attack to learn how to close the loopholes and exploits. Of course this was a long time ago; 2013.

Perhaps a discussion for a different setting :)

Good luck with your ventures OP, hope you used a VPN for posting here as I know of at least one staff member who is going to grab your IP and upload it to a database.

MDCCLXXVI you are right... hacking is a good way to know how to prevent attacks. I'm web developper and this is how i learned to protect my web applications.

But when i began with MySQL, at first i learned CRU (create read update) and the DELETE wasn't in top of my to learn list.

MDCCLXXVI you are right... hacking is a good way to know how to prevent attacks. I'm web developper and this is how i learned to protect my web applications.

But when i began with MySQL, at first i learned CRU (create read update) and the DELETE wasn't in top of my to learn list.

I wanted to start somewhere, doesn't matter where, i wanted to learn how to use extdb, i thought starting with DELETE would be a good start but i guess not.

Also, i'm once again sorry for posting on said forum, to my disappointment they won't let me delete my message.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Same here. Deleted my previous "help".

I don't really see why you would do that, other people could learn from it. + like i said, i do no harm.

Edited by Guest

i'm using the latest altis life script and the latest extdb files.
In fact i'm just trying to use extdb2 for my personal usage, maybe to make a little mission (?)

Altis Life RPG is using extDB, extDB2 is not compatible outof the box...

There is noway anyone would get stuck on what you did if they had either

1) Made a mission from scratch

2) Or updated Altis Life RPG code to use extDB2

---------

That very thing you are stuck on is to make script hacks slightly harder to write.

Not to mention you were also releasing script for people to use on Altis Life RPG Servers 2 days ago

You even referred to yourself as

I'm 100% a script kiddy

Now you want to learn how to use extDB directly with an example of deleting player info.

I find that very hard to believe its not for a hack script to use on someone elses server.

---------

Note:

I personally have no problems with people having accounts on either forums etc, would get hard to police anyways.

Besides even just reading the different methods people for hacking is interesting.

I am just not going to start helping people that are releasing scripts to use for script kiddies to use on servers.

Edited by Torndeco

I've given up offering advice on these mission editing forums for the following reasons:

1 - I end up helping hackers/script kiddies

2 - Due to new server monetisation rules, assistance is given for free to people who monetise their servers.

3 - Most posts are lazy requests, which ask the same questions again and again. Seems people forget how to use the search function.

Complete waste of time imo, so that's me done on these mission-editing forums.

I've given up offering advice on these mission editing forums for the following reasons:

1 - I end up helping hackers/script kiddies

2 - Due to new server monetisation rules, assistance is given for free to people who monetise their servers.

3 - Most posts are lazy requests, which ask the same questions again and again. Seems people forget how to use the search function.

Complete waste of time imo, so that's me done on these mission-editing forums.

I might agree on your three points, but calling it a "complete waste of time" would be as calling any entertainment a waste of time. If it doesn't give you anything, not even a good feeling for having helped somebody (which it obviously doesn't anymore for the reasons you mentioned), that's fine.

Altis Life RPG is using extDB, extDB2 is not compatible outof the box...

There is noway anyone would get stuck on what you did if they had either

1) Made a mission from scratch

2) Or updated Altis Life RPG code to use extDB2

---------

That very thing you are stuck on is to make script hacks slightly harder to write.

Not to mention you were also releasing script for people to use on Altis Life RPG Servers 2 days ago

You even referred to yourself as

Now you want to learn how to use extDB directly with an example of deleting player info.

I find that very hard to believe its not for a hack script to use on someone elses server.

---------

Note:

I personally have no problems with people having accounts on either forums etc, would get hard to police anyways.

Besides even just reading the different methods people for hacking is interesting.

I am just not going to start helping people that are releasing scripts to use for script kiddies to use on servers.

Well, i'm not, that's all i can say, don't believe me? too bad. sorry.

I never said i made a mission from scratch + i never updated code, sorry?

I'm just trying to start on making a little mission using extdb

I just made a little local server yesterday by following tutorials...that's it.

You misunderstood me i'm afraid.

Edited by Guest

I might agree on your three points' date=' but calling it a "complete waste of time" would be as calling any entertainment a waste of time. If it doesn't give you anything, not even a good feeling for having helped somebody (which it obviously doesn't anymore for the reasons you mentioned), that's fine.[/quote']

For clarity,

I did say, "Complete waste of time imo" thus implying it's a waste of time in my opinion. I should maybe have said "Complete waste of my time" as I do not infer that you are wasting your time by answering queries on this forum.

However, that said, it is sad as I did like it on this forum but the balance has shifted from "give and take" to "take". Again that is my view of things and if others wish to keep giving up their time to help others, then that's fine and I respect that choice.