Sign in to follow this  
PuGz_

Arma 3 crash Ran out of memory

I have 8 gigs of corsair vengance 1600mhz ram in my rig

and i have monitored the ram with different programs and it does not seem tu use near to 8 gigs ever, it has at most used 5gigabytes.

the crashes are highly irregular so its hard to see what happens excactly when it chraches. it has got me raging a couple of times.

but a hotfixlike fix would be nice untill i can order another stick of ram.

any comments or responses are appritiated.:yay::yay:

Do you have page file set-up? At least I get out of memory when page file is disabled.

I assume you're running a 64bit OS?

Well I assume too because he has seen 5 GB usage

Only seen these where the pagefile is either off (some SSD guides recommend doing this for some reason) or is veeeery small.

do NOT touch pagefile settings leave it on system managed size and tick on automatically manage pagefile size on all drives

you will run in a lot of troubles messing around with these settings

in case you have your system on a SSD set a system managed pagefile on a non ssd harddrive

do a memory diagnostic to make sure none of your memory sticks is broken or dead

your problem sounds like that you have a bad memory stick

Edited by maquez
  • Like 1

Hello guys, i have an serious Problem with Arma 3 since one or two weeks. Nearly every second time i start Arma the usage of my SSD(Arma3, Windows, Pagefile on it) bumps up to 95-100% constantly and the game is lagging like shit. I found out that an Arma3 Process which uses the pagefile causes the huge usage of the SSD. I already put the pagefile on an separate partition on my HDD but then the HDD is constantly at 100% usage. This does not happen everytime i start Arma, but nearly every second time. 

Does anyone have some suggestions for me? 

Yeah Page File shouldn't be too low because the game seems to use it no matter what. At least I couldn't run the game much without a Page File and I've 8GB or memory.

From what I've seen on my system:

Running client + server, client uses 2gigs, server 1-1.5 gigs ram according to Task Manager. But Arma 3 also caches a big load of memory.

It should be using 4.5 gigs of ram BUT I'm seeing 7 gigs used and after a while, game or server crashes (30 mins).

With bigger pagefile (Bigger than 4 gigs on HDD), ram usage is 5 gigs but very laggy. So I guess the game puts more data on pagefile and it stutters like crazy cause the game tries to load that data from HDD constantly.

Arma 3 might report 2 gigs of ram used (in Task Manager) but in reality it's double the amount.

Why do I run server + client? Much better performance in any mission I make/download.

• Like 1